EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
March 23, 2017, 01:11:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What air freshener/product do you use if any?  (Read 13393 times)
mjm9536

Ignore
« on: May 03, 2015, 11:04:36 AM »

My terrain is two years old now so the new car smell is long gone.  Out of sheer curiosity since a search did not turn up a similar topic or poll -- what air fresheners or products do you all use, if any on your cars?

- Walk With A Purpose -
agmsuv

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 12:30:50 PM »

My terrain is two years old now so the new car smell is long gone.  Out of sheer curiosity since a search did not turn up a similar topic or poll -- what air fresheners or products do you all use, if any on your cars?

I use Ozium.  It's was the detailers use when dealers want to resell tradeins.  You can get it at auto stores.  Look for a long cylinder can.

'14 SLT Terrain Quick Silver 3,570 miles
'09 Colorado Z71 Ext Cab 4wd Gray Metallic 16,400 miles
'04 C-5 Corvette Convertible Magnetic Red 16,700 miles
Zach

2012 GMC Terrain,2010 Cadillac SRX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 12:39:09 PM »

In the winter time I like the Febreeze vent clips . It comes in like 4 or 5 different scents . I personnaly like the vanilla . Just have to make sure you are directing some air through the vents , works for 30+ days . In summer I dont usually use one cause the windows are open or the sun roof . They also sell a scent called " new car " , not sure what the scent really is but there is truly nothing like that new car smell .  sunny

Zach   Smiley
2012 Carbon Black Mettallic Terrain SLT-2,AWD
2010 Crystal Red Mettallic SRX Luxury,FWD
mjm9536

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 12:50:44 PM »

I use Ozium.  It's was the detailers use when dealers want to resell tradeins.  You can get it at auto stores.  Look for a long cylinder can.

Is that one of the little air freshener bombs that you run the ac close the doors and set it off?  Or just an aerosol?

There are two scents I like from the pine tree ones but they don't last but a few days. So that's what I'm looking for- something that actually lasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Walk With A Purpose -
seVer

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 10:52:28 PM »

you'd be hard pressed to find anything that lasts more than 30ish days, but I love this one and have used it for years (with refills, of course). never had a complaint, and haven't gotten tired of it yet. buy online and save the money- the first time I bought it was at a local parts store and the starter pack (case and 1 insert) was nearly $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Air-Spencer-000400-Squash-Freshener/dp/B00150T13G
agmsuv

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 03:51:39 AM »

Is that one of the little air freshener bombs that you run the ac close the doors and set it off?  Or just an aerosol?

There are two scents I like from the pine tree ones but they don't last but a few days. So that's what I'm looking for- something that actually lasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a spray can that you spray into the cowl with the heat and blower on high.
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/ozium-glycol-ized-air-sanitizer-14-5oz-reviews

'14 SLT Terrain Quick Silver 3,570 miles
'09 Colorado Z71 Ext Cab 4wd Gray Metallic 16,400 miles
'04 C-5 Corvette Convertible Magnetic Red 16,700 miles
mjm9536

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 06:08:38 PM »

you'd be hard pressed to find anything that lasts more than 30ish days, but I love this one and have used it for years (with refills, of course). never had a complaint, and haven't gotten tired of it yet. buy online and save the money- the first time I bought it was at a local parts store and the starter pack (case and 1 insert) was nearly $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Air-Spencer-000400-Squash-Freshener/dp/B00150T13G

Interesting, that is definitely different and an otherwise not heard of solution!

I have no expectation of anything lasting more than 30 days that would be a little much and probably make you pass out when you first open it!

I'll probably be giving that aerosol a try and see what happens.  I just hate the "flavored" smell and hate having an air freshener dangling or having something shoved in the vents.  That being said I may also try the Air Spencer one as well and see which I like better.

Thanks for the suggestions all!

- Walk With A Purpose -
61cubby

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 03:04:24 PM »

Little Tree.......GRAPE!  Smells just like grape soda now...love it.
BigBlueLB756

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 06:06:01 AM »

No fancy stuff here.  A simple old (clean) sock filled with charcoal briquets and placed up under your seats will keep the interior odor-free, provided you do not have mold or mildew in your vent system.

And, it's practically free to utilize.

The Cheap-*ss Modder & Thread Killer
2013 Sierra 1500 CC SLT 4x4 Z60 Mineral Green Metallic
2016 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Metallic Red
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: