EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
November 23, 2014, 04:58:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TerrainForum, EquinoxForum & SRXForum! We're glad you found us!

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Poll
Question: What car/suv/cuv were you also considering when you have purchased the Nox/Terrain ?
Kia Sorento
Hyundai Santa Fe
Toyota Rav4
Ford Edge
Other (post below)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Second choice  (Read 32739 times)
SuperMat64

Ignore
« on: September 01, 2010, 08:02:19 AM »

Hi, i would like to know what car/suv/cuv were you also considering when purchasing the Nox/Terrain ?

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 V6 AWD w/tow package
Mocha Metallic Steel / Brownstone Interior
19" OEM GMC Chrome Wheels with TOYO Versado CUV / 18" OEM GMC Wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1
Fully loaded no NAV... Garmin 1490LMT GPS
Xtreme HID 5000k White Low Beam / Xtreme HID 5000k White Fogs
TheCrow1994

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 08:31:47 AM »

This might sound crazy, but we didn't test drive any other vehicle when we decided to purchase new.  I read TONS and TONS of information on the web and read all the consumer and professional reviews about the 'Nox.  So, my wife and I test drove one, and ordered an LTZ on the spot.  We would have considered the 2011 Ford Edge.  But, by the time you add up all the options that we would have wanted, we would have been WELL above what we paid for the 'Nox.

2010 'Nox
Mocha Steel Metallic LTZ
4 Cyl AWD
17" Wheels
Navigation & Sunroof
Jet Black/Brownstone Leather
Weathertech DigitalFit Floorliners & Cargo Liner
Built 6/11/10 - Received 7/1/10
IceMan
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 08:39:24 AM »

2011 Buick Regal *
 2011 Camaro LT RS

I know...very different cars...but,in my view...two very exceptional GM offerings. Test drove many...along with many later Equinox test drives. Finally decided using a more practical approach..but wasn't so easy.
 Also considered Buick LaCrosse when they first came out....but still too big a boat. The Regal was a much better fit with streamlined cockpit..but yet sleek and comfortable. Both have similar new features as cabin quiet...and other neat new features...of which many are also incorporated in the new Equinox too,tho.
 Of course the Camaro is an entirely different animal. Test drove many 312 hp LTs and 400-426hp SS models. Was sold on the LT which at the time was around $30,000 loaded with RS package...while SS approached $10,000 more in comparison. Around 30mpg for 312 hp suited me. However..after owning several SUVs..going back to a regular "car"..wasn't so easy in the final assessment. Plus..this was to be the wifes car.
 We also drove Acadia/Enclave..a few Fords...and many import type CUVs.
 After taking a recent road trip in the new Equinox...I have no doubt that we made the right decision. For us..it is quite a unique ride..surpassing any other SUV/Cuv that we test drove. Rakish..Sporty..comfortable..and can get arond well in our Indiana snows.
2010BlkGraniteNox

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 08:45:17 AM »

Trailblazer SS
Forester XS (turbo model...just hated interior/tranny)
texlaker

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 08:55:50 AM »

This might sound crazy, but we didn't test drive any other vehicle when we decided to purchase new.  I read TONS and TONS of information on the web and read all the consumer and professional reviews about the 'Nox.  So, my wife and I test drove one, and ordered an LTZ on the spot.  We would have considered the 2011 Ford Edge.  But, by the time you add up all the options that we would have wanted, we would have been WELL above what we paid for the 'Nox.

Within this segment (small crossover CUV) I too was seriously considering the 2011 Ford Edge due to the enhanced cabin - especially the myFord touch system.  However, like you once I priced out the options I would have wanted (almost fully loaded) the price was just too high for me.  The only alternative vehicle we considered was the redesigned Kia Sorento which I still believe is an excellent vehicle for the price and has some options not available on the Terrain like dual climate control, panaoramic sunroof and third row seating.   Additionally, the KIA's cabin tech is just as good if not better than the Terrain with respect to Bluetooth functionality (Terrain does not automatically download the phone's address book).

Ultimately, the wife decided that for the 30K plus purchase price she preferred the Terrain over the Sorento.  Despite the items mentioned above in the Sorento's favor, the wife fell in love with the Terrain's unique exterior styling and the modern feel and refinement of the interior cabin in comparison to the Sorento.  The price differential with the comparable options we were looking at was about an extra $2,500 to $3,000 for the Terrain, however, she felt that it was well worth it.

We've been told to expect delievery of the vehicle (2011 SLT-2) next week.  I don't see many Terrains on the road but I also don't see them on the GMC lot that I drive past every morning.  I'm glad to see several Sorentos on the road as consumers are not letting the Korean automaker's past quality issues deter them from this fine vehicle.

If I had my drutters however, I would have purchased a SLT-2 Acadia which I think along with the Buick Enclave is one of the sweetest looking crossovers on the market.  I just don't have the dough to swing that 40K+ purchase price with the options my wife and I want in a new vehicle.  

2011 SLT-2 (Carbon Black Metallic)
Light Titanium Interior
FWD 4-Cylinder
Navigation
Rear Seat Entertainment System
Trailering Equipment
Cargo Management
JohnEqui

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 08:59:11 AM »

I compared the specs of the 2011 Hyundai Tucson and 2010 Santa Fe with the Equinox, but after I read all the Equinox reviews I left out anything else - including Escape, CRV, RAV4.

The Hyundai's would get around 5k less in price, but with a lower performance grades. And this time I allowed myself the 5k more...

2010 LT1 FWD Equinox - Silver Ice Metallic
Cargo, Interface packages
WheatherTech FloorLiner™ DigitalFit®
WheatherTech Cargo Liner
VG Shark Fin Antenna Mark II
Terrain

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 09:07:41 AM »

Aside from the Escape Limited, the only other vehicles I looked at were the Santa Fe and Venza, but they did away with the dual exhaust for some reason.  The Edge is too expensive for the trim level I wanted and I am afraid of those panoramic roofs, although they seem to be much more common these days.

The second a colleague showed me early photos of the Terrain I said "that's my next vehicle".  That was last June-ish.  I ordered in early
September after test driving the first one I could find.  Come to think of it... I'm almost at the anniversary of when I placed my order (of course I no longer own that one but still).  This year has flown by!

2013 Lincoln MKX AWD

2011 Ford Edge Limited AWD - Sold

2010 SLT-2 V6 FWD Onyx Black/Jet Black, 19" Wheels, Nav 
Delivered - 7/16/10 Sold - 8/26/11

2010 SLT-2 V6 AWD Carbon Black Metallic/Jet Black, 19" Wheels, Towing
Ordered - 9/8/09 Built - 11/5/09 Delivered - 12/3/09  Sold - 7/16
FedorekC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 09:32:37 AM »

I was looking at so many different vehicles I can't even remember what they all were!  One that I was getting serious about enough to look up prices was the Hyundai Genesis Coupe.  It's an expensive little car!  It seemed like a good replacement for my Honda Prelude, but my dad didn't like that it was a rear wheel drive...so I kept looking since I was in no rush.  After riding around in my bf's mom's Mitsubishi SUV, I liked the idea of having a slightly bigger ride and being higher up off the ground...so the search for SUV's began.

I would check out all kinds of SUV's on the road as I made my daily commute, but nothing really popped out at me.  I kind of liked the Venza, but I knew someone who had recently bought one and didn't want to be a copier! haha.  I also thought it looked a little too minivan-ish.  Then the car show rolled around and my dad suggested I go.  I had planned on checking out the Hyundai Sante Fe and the Jeep Grand Cherokee (although very expensive when bought new), but I ended up seeing the 2010 Equinox for the first time.  What can I say? It was love at first sight Smiley.  I brought home the brocure and showed my dad.  He was like "what's this, the new Equinox? No way!"  So, something had finally caught my eye after months of half-assed searching. 

The Equinox was the only vehicle I ever took on a test drive as well.  I took it for a drive and loved it.  Then I priced them out, then I took another for a drive and ordered one!  Then I believe I took another one for a drive while I was waiting for mine to arrive! Haha. I LOVE IT!

2010 Chevrolet Equinox
LTZ V6 AWD
Cardinal Red Metallic
Brownstone Leather
Chrome Package 19" Wheels
Sunroof, Cargo Cover and Net
Husky Liners for front and rear rows
Cargo Liner from eBay
Garmin GPS
Ordered 5/1/2010
TPW 6/7/2010
Shipped 6/10/2010
Drove it off the lot 6/25/2010!
djmodifyd

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 10:12:18 AM »

This might sound crazy, but we didn't test drive any other vehicle when we decided to purchase new.  I read TONS and TONS of information on the web and read all the consumer and professional reviews about the 'Nox.  So, my wife and I test drove one, and ordered an LTZ on the spot.  We would have considered the 2011 Ford Edge.  But, by the time you add up all the options that we would have wanted, we would have been WELL above what we paid for the 'Nox.

that is my story EXACTLY..kinda crazy

only i test drove a terrain and ordered an equinox.  Looked at the edge, but like you said it was about 7k more than the equinox.  not worth it in my mind.

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ V6 AWD Cardinal Red Metallic: Trailering Package, Sunroof, Navigation.

2008 Buick Enclave CXL AWD Red Jewel:  Navigation System, Luxury Package, Driver Confidence Package, 19" Chrome Wheels, Towing Package
RNOX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 12:31:09 PM »

I just can't see spending $30,000 plus on small SUV.   I spent a lot less on my Nox (LS) than 30K.  To each their own and I don't want to start a war.  People get cars with the options they want and spend what they want.  I got the Nox over the Sorrento as the Tranny failed on my 2003 Saturn VUE and GM bought it back for $5000 towards a new GM vehicle. If not the Sorrento was less than the Nox for bascically the same vehilce.  The Sorrento warranty is great.   I give the edge to the Nox.  I'm looking at a Sonata for our new car in the future
Z_Ghost

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 12:37:47 PM »

I looked at a few.
My Dad has a  Santa Fe so I know what thats like.
The one that was in the running was the VW Tiguan, but I am now just looking for a Terrain with the options that I want.

2011 Terrain SLT2 Carbon Black Brownstone Nav I4 FWD

92 Z/28 Camaro
92 B4C Camaro
I live in Texas-But my Heart lives in Yellowstone
texlaker

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 02:23:26 PM »

I just can't see spending $30,000 plus on small SUV.   I spent a lot less on my Nox (LS) than 30K.  To each their own and I don't want to start a war.  People get cars with the options they want and spend what they want.  I got the Nox over the Sorrento as the Tranny failed on my 2003 Saturn VUE and GM bought it back for $5000 towards a new GM vehicle. If not the Sorrento was less than the Nox for bascically the same vehilce.  The Sorrento warranty is great.   I give the edge to the Nox.  I'm looking at a Sonata for our new car in the future

I'm a big fan of the new Sonata.  If I was in the market for a car it would have to be at the top of my list.  It has styling better than the Fusion, Accord or Camry. 

2011 SLT-2 (Carbon Black Metallic)
Light Titanium Interior
FWD 4-Cylinder
Navigation
Rear Seat Entertainment System
Trailering Equipment
Cargo Management
GARYD
Theta Freak

USMC 3RD TANK BATT. VIETNAM 1965-1966

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 03:57:28 PM »

The new Hyundai Tucsun..if it had been another foot longer, we may have bought it.......3rd choice = Sonata

2010 Terrain SLT-2
AWD, 6CYL. Onyx Black
Every Conceivable option
2010 Harley Ultra Limited
NateDC

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 04:34:59 PM »

Subaru Forester.  

2010 Equinox LTZ
4Cyl FWD
Sunroof
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 04:48:44 PM »

Honda CRV

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
RSchleder

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 04:53:24 PM »

We were pretty much all over the map on what to buy. We had a Honda CR-V and a Dodge Ram 1500. We wanted a vehicle that we could pull behind our motorhome all wheels down and a tow vehicle for our light weight travel trailer. We drove a top of the line Chevy Colorado crew cab (midsized 4X4 pickup) and hated the seats and ride. We were also told by the Honda dealer that Honda does not condone towing their new cars all wheels down so that ruled them out. I started to research the Nox and the Terrain as I'd seen the Nox a couple of years at a dealership in Dallas during our Winter trip. I'd always really liked the Terrain styling ever since it's introduction and found some info online and showed it to my wife. She liked it so we drove one locally which was not the color or interior we wanted. 3 weeks later we traveled to Henderson, Co from Iowa to purchase our Terrain (1800 round trip). Great trip as we took in Corvettes on the Rockies,  and we bought an even greater mid sized SUV!

2010 SLT-1 Terrain
awd, V6, towing package
Carbon black metallic
Titanium leather interior
NoobNox
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 06:13:36 PM »

When we decided on getting a smaller SUV, I immediately went into research mode and promised myself that I would look at all available options instead of locking in on one certain brand/model. Honestly though, as a longtime import owner I really hadn't counted on anything domestic impressing me much....and was truly surprised at the end when both me and my wife agreed that the 2010 Equinox was the best of the bunch. My personal rankings with the winner on top: (the GMC Terrain had been released, but wasn't widely available at the time)

1. 2010 Equinox LT2
2. Toyota RAV4
3. Nissan Murano
4. Ford Edge
5. Honda CRV
6. Hyundai Tucson
7. Ford Escape
8. Nissan Rogue

2010 Equinox 2LT Silver Ice metallic, 2.4 I4, 2WD, Titanium leather
mmarges

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 06:34:56 PM »

Currently own a 2005 Honda Pilot - The wife now gets this and I got the NOX V6, AWD, LTZ, Loaded.

Test Drove the following:
Honda CR-V - Noisy, over priced for what you get. Honda has lost it's edge over the past few years. They butchered the exterior look of the new Pilot...reason I didn't go with a new one.
Toyota Rav4 & Venza
Kia Sorento & new redesigned Sportage. Both Well priced, loaded for what you get in mid trim levels of competitors. Expect base trims to come with ipod port, bluetooth ect..
Nissan Murano - Way, way over priced for what you get, liked the CVT
Accura MDX & RDX
Mercedes GLK - The German feeling didn't do anything for me.

The NOX was by far the best all around and just felt right.

kilcher

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 12:06:14 AM »

I was considering a RAV4, Escape, and the Equinox.  The RAV4 was eliminated before I got serious about looking.  I looked at the Escape but didn’t test drive it.  I’m fairly loyal to GM, I drove the Equinox and liked it so that was the end of my shopping.

I know it’s debatable whether the Equinox is more in line with the Escape or Edge.  My price point was $25,000 or less, so for me the Escape was the primary competition.  Having said all that, if the Equinox and Edge were the same price I’d almost certainly take an Edge. 
equinox2

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 05:19:02 AM »

The new Hyundai Tucsun..if it had been another foot longer, we may have bought it.......3rd choice = Sonata

Agreed, so close, but not quite as good as the equinox. That angled back end is very limiting on cargo capacity too.
Almost there...not quite. Oh, and they got greedy, for 2011 had to get Limited edition to add the Sunroof, which is packaged together with Navigation; I think it was about 28K after all said and done. Configured LTZ with Sunroof but no Navigation, 30K. Sold. Save $4000, maybe Hyundai, but only $2000 savings? Meh.

2011 Chevy Equinox LTZ
Mocha Steel Metallic/Brownstone
2.4, FWD, 18 in Wheels
Sunroof
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: