EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
May 28, 2017, 07:09:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TerrainForum, EquinoxForum & SRXForum! We're glad you found us!

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New emissions recall for 2010 Equinox  (Read 8341 times)
littleha

Ignore
« on: July 11, 2016, 06:19:08 PM »

Received in the mail today a recall to replace the high pressure fuel pump due to excessive wear on the plunger piston shaft and seal. The letter states that fuel can leak into the engine oil crankcase causing problems. Parts are not available right now but another letter will be sent when they are available.  I had my fuel pump replaced last year for excessive oil consumption and will be interested to hear if I will still need a new one. My Equinox is no longer consuming too much oil.

2010 Equinox LT 2.4L 4cyl
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 06:45:30 PM »

Received in the mail today a recall to replace the high pressure fuel pump due to excessive wear on the plunger piston shaft and seal. The letter states that fuel can leak into the engine oil crankcase causing problems. Parts are not available right now but another letter will be sent when they are available.  I had my fuel pump replaced last year for excessive oil consumption and will be interested to hear if I will still need a new one. My Equinox is no longer consuming too much oil.
Fantastic News !  HFV6 (a mechanic that was following this forum) had recommended that anyone with a 4-cylinder should replace their HP fuel pump on their own nickle - as a preventative measure. 

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
1999 White C5 Coupe

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 08:28:15 AM »

Are you sure this is a safety recall, and not a satisfaction campaign?  What is the recall number listed on the letter?  Thank you.

chevy05

Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 10:59:16 AM »

Are you located in the U.S. or Canada?  Canadian owners seem to get treated a little differently than us to the south.  I am referring to the  door rust issue as an example, so you never know as there are bulletins and/or recalls that can pertain to certain regions.  The fuel pump issue should be addressed to everyone though, I hope.  Surprised that nobody else here received a notice yet.   

2016 Equinox LT AWD - 3.6L LFX V-6 - Patriot Blue / DOB:  1/26/2016
2017 Colorado LT 4X4 - 3.6L LGZ V-6 - Silver Ice Metallic / DOB:  01/05/2017
littleha

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 06:27:27 PM »

The recall is an emission recall  #43180 and not a customer satisfaction one. I have one of those for my doors and premature rust.  Yes I  do live in Canada and am not sure if that is the reason for the recall. I don't think emission guidelines are any different here than in the U.S. other than California.

Jls7299

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 03:13:56 AM »

Can you post a copy of the letter for us to take to our dealers?

2010 Nox
Pearl White
4I AWD
littleha

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 06:04:15 PM »

Here is a copy of the recall letter I received. I had to lower the quality of the pic for it to be accepted here.

Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 04:28:55 AM »

If anyone in the US gets a similar notice, can they please speak up.

THX

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
bcargnel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 07:15:16 AM »

This is an old recall. I got one for my 2011 Terrain in 2013. I also live in Canada. Just had the entire engine rebuild, timing chain,Pistons rings Etc. Fuel pump replaced 2 years ago and then again last week during the rebuild. Has made a real difference in performance and gas mileage. Sound levels from the engine is also much lower now too. All at no cost to me.
littleha

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 06:23:10 PM »

Quote "This is an old recall. I got one for my 2011 Terrain in 2013. I also live in Canada. Just had the entire engine rebuild, timing chain,Pistons rings Etc. Fuel pump replaced 2 years ago and then again last week during the rebuild. Has made a real difference in performance and gas mileage. Sound levels from the engine is also much lower now too. All at no cost to me."

Not an old recall as I only received it in the mail last week and the letter is  dated June 2016. Yes the fuel pump was replaced with an earlier recall for oil consumption where pistons, timing chain etc. were replaced. That is why I mentioned in my initial post that I would be interested to find out when I went to the dealer if they still plan on replacing the pump as mine was replaced for the oil consumption recall.  

Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 08:02:36 PM »

I just got a letter from GM regarding the Fuel Pump recall.  Apparently, they are now including US owned 2.4L 2010 vehicles as part of this recall. 

Can anyone who has had this repair tell me how long it takes the dealer to swap fuel pumps ?

Thanks

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
davmyrnis

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 05:20:06 AM »

I took mine in last week for an oil change and the Fuel Pump change. They were both done in less than 2 hours.
The HPFP is in the engine compartment and is easy to be swapped out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: