EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
August 01, 2014, 02:48:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OnStar Mobil App & Turn By Turn not working  (Read 4160 times)
tsduke

Ignore
« on: February 04, 2011, 10:11:07 AM »

I have been working with OnStar for over 3 months now.  Neither of the services work yet.  There tech support sucks.  Royally!!  How so I determine if there is a hardware issue with my car that is causing these not to work?  OnStars map shows complete coverage in Iowa and Verizon Wireless is one of the big carriers here.  When trying for turn by turn OnStar tells me I'm in a limited data area which I think is crap.  Blackberries on Verizon work just fine.  In in an area with over 100k people.

Should I be calling my dealer?

Edit:  This is a 2011 Nox

2011 Equinox 2LT FWD 2.4L
Black Granite Metallic
Build Date 6/21/2011
fourmoremarine
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 10:49:52 AM »

I have been working with OnStar for over 3 months now.  Neither of the services work yet.  There tech support sucks.  Royally!!  How so I determine if there is a hardware issue with my car that is causing these not to work?  OnStars map shows complete coverage in Iowa and Verizon Wireless is one of the big carriers here.  When trying for turn by turn OnStar tells me I'm in a limited data area which I think is crap.  Blackberries on Verizon work just fine.  In in an area with over 100k people.

Should I be calling my dealer?

Edit:  This is a 2011 Nox
One would think youres isnt the only Nox your dealer sold  call him and see if others are having the same problem. My dealer set up,explained everything on the vehicle before I took delivery...  Take it back

tsduke

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 11:46:44 AM »

What a Pita!

1.  Called service - advisor told me nothing they could do I'd have to continue working with OnStar.
2.  Called sales - to at least ask if it works for others and answer was yes - said set appt to have service look at it. 
2a. I get mad cuz I tried that first.
3.  Service Mgr calls me leaves msg wanting me to setup appt. (sales guy must have talked to him)

Black Granite Metallic
Build Date 6/21/2011
tsduke

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 04:15:37 PM »

Now OnStar thinks there is a hardware issue with the equipment in the car and told me to take it to the dealer?

Anyone know where the OnStar hardware is located in the car?  I'd hate to have the dash torn apart to fix OnStar.

Black Granite Metallic
Build Date 6/21/2011
Jeremiah

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 06:05:26 PM »

Now OnStar thinks there is a hardware issue with the equipment in the car and told me to take it to the dealer?

Anyone know where the OnStar hardware is located in the car?  I'd hate to have the dash torn apart to fix OnStar.

What difference does it make if they tear the dash apart? It will all go back together lol. They had my terrain overnight to get my Bluetooth fixed and I know there was crazy amounts of wires hanging all over the place lol
tsduke

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 08:35:05 AM »

What difference does it make if they tear the dash apart? It will all go back together lol. They had my terrain overnight to get my Bluetooth fixed and I know there was crazy amounts of wires hanging all over the place lol

After over 4 months my Onstar issues have been corrected with a module replacement.  Luckily it's just above the accelerator pedal and only the knee plate of dash was removed.  Too many time dashes, door panels and the like end up with scratches, broken connecters or rattles so I'm always reluctant to have them messed with.  Dealer said they had never replaced one so must be fairly rare.

Black Granite Metallic
Build Date 6/21/2011
djmodifyd

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 08:42:13 AM »

where are you at in iowa?  Des moines area?

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ V6 AWD Cardinal Red Metallic: Trailering Package, Sunroof, Navigation.

2008 Buick Enclave CXL AWD Red Jewel:  Navigation System, Luxury Package, Driver Confidence Package, 19" Chrome Wheels, Towing Package
tsduke

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 08:43:18 AM »

Waterloo.

Black Granite Metallic
Build Date 6/21/2011
djmodifyd

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 10:10:31 AM »

Waterloo.

you have a PM

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ V6 AWD Cardinal Red Metallic: Trailering Package, Sunroof, Navigation.

2008 Buick Enclave CXL AWD Red Jewel:  Navigation System, Luxury Package, Driver Confidence Package, 19" Chrome Wheels, Towing Package
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: