EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
April 29, 2017, 04:22:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TerrainForum, EquinoxForum & SRXForum! We're glad you found us!

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And this happened  (Read 1500 times)
vic1212

Ignore
« on: February 07, 2017, 05:56:48 PM »

So got out of my work and this happened 😪
bigb12359

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 06:54:51 PM »

Hi,

Any ideas ? Very sorry to see this.

Cheers Cheers
vic1212

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 07:01:59 PM »

Probably some dude trying to either park next to me or back out and hit it..... I was inside the building so I don't know what exactly happened. Sighs there goes my resale value on my 2012.
Colt Hero
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 11:35:31 PM »

Hard to tell the extent of the damage with the reflection of what is either the interior of your garage or a shop of some kind.  Is that a table with a box and some rags?

If it's just parallel white lines, this might be one of those dings you just clean up as best you can and live with it (for now).  In the meantime, I'd be retracing my steps looking for a white vehicle with matching charcoal parallel lines on it.

2011 Equinox 1LT (new Jan 2011)        2002 Impala 1LT (new  June 2002J
Summit White / 3.0 L V6 / FWD            Summit White / 3.4 L V6 / FWD
18" Wheels / Pioneer Stereo                 Cassette/CD Combo
99,575 Miles (11/12/16)                      196,050 Miles (11/12/16)
vic1212

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 12:30:51 AM »

Hard to tell the extent of the damage with the reflection of what is either the interior of your garage or a shop of some kind.  Is that a table with a box and some rags?

If it's just parallel white lines, this might be one of those dings you just clean up as best you can and live with it (for now).  In the meantime, I'd be retracing my steps looking for a white vehicle with matching charcoal parallel lines on it.

It's just the parallel white lines.... not sure if the touch up paint would help though as of right now that is the only option I can think of. The pic I took in my garage just because the incident happened outside my work and I didn't know it happened until I got home... not sure how the bottom plastic part is going to fix though
chevy05

Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 04:57:00 AM »

Can't tell from the picture if it is down to the metal or if it is on the clear coat.   Would comprehensive insurance cover repairs?

2016 Equinox LT AWD - 3.6L LFX V-6 - Patriot Blue / DOB:  1/26/2016
2017 Colorado LT 4X4 - 3.6L LGZ V-6 - Silver Ice Metallic / DOB:  01/05/2017
ls973800

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 06:20:49 AM »

I would try rubbing the white streaks out using some of the over the counter scratch removers.  I have removed paint scrapes from plastic bumpers that were painted the same color as the car and from body panels with good success.

Try rubbing the black plastic area with a Mr Clean Eraser, or covering with some of the Back to Black product.  If there are any dings or slight dents, check with a Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) or similar business.  They do wonders with dents, hail damage, etc. 

If you try to put touch up paint on the sides, it is really going to look bad in my opinion.  Most of that should rub out just looking at the picture.

Good luck
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 07:16:14 AM »

I would try rubbing the white streaks out using some of the over the counter scratch removers.  I have removed paint scrapes from plastic bumpers that were painted the same color as the car and from body panels with good success.

Try rubbing the black plastic area with a Mr Clean Eraser, or covering with some of the Back to Black product.  If there are any dings or slight dents, check with a Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) or similar business.  They do wonders with dents, hail damage, etc. 

If you try to put touch up paint on the sides, it is really going to look bad in my opinion.  Most of that should rub out just looking at the picture.

Good luck

PDR does much better with dents than scrapes.

From what I have read, if you drag a finger nail across a scrape, and it catches, compound/polish will not be able to fix it. 

Sucks that people are so careless, or possibly they didn't realize that they did it. 

Many parking facilities have video cameras that are constantly recording footage.  You maye want to check and see if this one did.  Heck, worth a try.

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
vic1212

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 05:46:57 PM »

what Products would you guys recommend?
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 08:33:01 PM »

what Products would you guys recommend?

I would start with the fingernail test, and then proceed with some polishing compound (usually white), and it that is not abrasive enough, go to a rubbing compound (usually red).

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
tom3

Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 10:27:25 AM »

I'd call the insurance company if full coverage.  Might not need a police report for coverage in this instance. Not sure, but no report - no record on the vehicle history - no hit on resale. 
Colt Hero
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 11:04:27 AM »

Problem with the insurance claim is they'll just raise your rates. 

I once tried switching to Progressive (over the phone) years ago.  Told them no claims history.  The guy gives me a quote.  Then he runs my record and finds a 3 (or 4)-year-old claim.  He then says, "Ohhh ... I just found this claim, so I have to raise that quote I just gave you ... by $100"!  When I asked WHY, he says, "you filed a claim X years ago which makes you a risk to file future claims, so that increases the rate".

When I asked him if he knew any of the details regarding this claim, he said he did not!  I then told him the claim was for HAIL DAMAGE - AN ACT OF GOD.  Didn't matter.  He stuck with his quote and so I hung up.

We all know insurance companies are crooked, but you have to have insurance, and you have to protect yourself.  So that's all I do - stay legal and protect myself.  When something like this happens, I just fix it as best I can myself and avoid the insurance company all together.  To me, this kind of small stuff is not what insurance is for.  And your deductible probably stops you anyway...

2011 Equinox 1LT (new Jan 2011)        2002 Impala 1LT (new  June 2002J
Summit White / 3.0 L V6 / FWD            Summit White / 3.4 L V6 / FWD
18" Wheels / Pioneer Stereo                 Cassette/CD Combo
99,575 Miles (11/12/16)                      196,050 Miles (11/12/16)
MGMSEQUINOX

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 05:46:05 PM »

my daughter had a mark like that and I was able to buff 95% of it off with maquirs polish and it was very hard to see.

you may have to lean a little on the buffer but don't go too hard in one spot......keep moving around.

if you know someone at a bodyshop they could try to buff it out.

sometimes that white is the clear coat messed up and it will buff out unless you are concerned about taking a little clear off the car.

if there is a dent it wont take that out............
vic1212

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 03:34:23 PM »

I honestly even tried with a scratch remover and that doesn't seemed to work 😪
AfterhoursFab

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2017, 03:54:01 PM »

Wetsand and buff, doesn't look deep at all.

2011 SLE-1 4cyl FWD Rebuilt Wreck
2013 Denali 6cyl AWD Fire Damage
2012 SLE-1 4cyl AWD Lease
2013 SLT-2 6cyl AWD Current Project
2014 SLT-2 6cyl FWD Rollover Parts Car
vic1212

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 06:35:33 PM »

And I also noticed there were two dented area at the Bottom 😓
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: