EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
August 20, 2014, 07:35:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!! ABS wire harness needed!!  (Read 7273 times)
mbrown

Ignore
« on: March 30, 2011, 04:00:23 PM »

I recently had to replace the drivers side hub on my wifes 2005 equinox!! After getting it done i noticed that the actual wire harnesses & plugs that connect to the ABS sensor was messed up!! Does anyone know what the part number of the wire is? Every dealership I have called keeps trying to tell me that i need the harness that attaches to the speed sensor but i need the wire harness that connects to that and runs behind the plastic cover into another female connection!! The wire is 3 feet long and has male connections on both ends!!

I have put pictures on here to help!!

Thanks in advance!!
Mason
fourmoremarine
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 05:17:07 PM »

Can't you just go to a scrap yard and get another one? Got to be a lot of 05's out there

ChevyMgr

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 05:46:30 PM »

Why can't the harness be repaired? I have seen it done many times.

Current Rides:
2011 Equinox LTZ - Born 11/5/2010 - Adopted 12/29/2010
2010 Malibu LTZ
2012 Cruze LT
2013 Cruze RS
mbrown

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 05:19:57 AM »

i would need new connectors since i do not know how to get the wires out of the existing connectors!! I would like to buy a new part so i know that it works and nothing is wrong with it since it is part of the ABS system!!
fourmoremarine
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 06:49:45 AM »

i would need new connectors since i do not know how to get the wires out of the existing connectors!! I would like to buy a new part so i know that it works and nothing is wrong with it since it is part of the ABS system!!
why do you need the wires to come out? get a good can of contact cleaner and spray the shit out of the replacement harness the wires shouldn't be coroded unless the "seals" in the connectors are messed up
You can run a test on each wire before you put it on your vehicle to see if it flows... It might not be your harness..

darrell

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 07:44:07 AM »

Those look to be Delphi connectors but the pictures are not very good. This site may help you.

http://connectors.delphi.com/DCSGDMCS/DCS/Catalog/CatalogIndexSearch.aspx?vUser=GuestUser&vID=Automotive

2011 Terrain Carbon Black SLT-2 I4 FWD
mbrown

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 07:49:40 AM »

the wires were messed up when the axle boot blew out and sprayed grease all over the place! I would rewire it but don't know how to get the wire size or how to get the wire out of the existing connection!
mbrown

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 08:02:58 AM »

What would the part number that i need for either the whole harness or the connections?
fourmoremarine
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 10:42:05 AM »

What would the part number that i need for either the whole harness or the connections?
I'm sure you need a special tool"picks" to get the wires out of the connectors then you would have to be able to put new terminals on the replacement wire before you inserted them back into the conectors Wouldn't it just be easy to go to the junk yard get underneath a 05 they have unplug the harnes buy it take it home spray the ends with contact cleaner put in some dialetic grease, and plug it back into your vehicle?

gmiemigrad

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 07:45:10 PM »

Which part do you need - here is the illustration out of the parts book.

Steve Ochs - Senior Manufacturing Engineer
General Motors - Parma Plant
The statements and opinions expressed here are
NOT an official statement of the General Motors Company

2011 GMC Terrain SLE2 - Mocha Steel
2.4, Sunroof, Heated Seats, Remote Start

2011 Buick Regal CXL2
mbrown

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 05:32:36 AM »

by looking at that picture i think that i need part number 9! but what it looks like that part has a connection coming off of it in the middle! The part i need is just one wire that is three ft long and has only 2 male connections on it! It might also be part number 5 from your diagram!

Thanks
gmiemigrad

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 08:41:59 AM »

It took some searching in both the service manual and the parts book to find the right illustration showing the part.

I believe this is what you want - short harness from the ABS sensor pigtail to the main body ABS wiring harness (behind the fenderwell liner)

I added the part number to the drawing

Steve Ochs - Senior Manufacturing Engineer
General Motors - Parma Plant
The statements and opinions expressed here are
NOT an official statement of the General Motors Company

2011 GMC Terrain SLE2 - Mocha Steel
2.4, Sunroof, Heated Seats, Remote Start

2011 Buick Regal CXL2
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: