EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
July 30, 2014, 02:14:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TerrainForum, EquinoxForum & SRXForum! We're glad you found us!

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Door Locking Issues Please Help!!!!!  (Read 4585 times)
mathiss01

Ignore
« on: May 01, 2011, 06:57:44 PM »

I have a 2005 Equinox with locking issues. I have power locks and I can unlock my doors by hitting the button but I can not lock them. When i put my car in drive the doors lock like they are supposed to. I thought it was the actuators but they are working fine. I also reset the locks so that when I put the car in park the doors dont unlock so my trunk hatch locks. So is it a fuse? the switch? electrical? Someone please help!  Bang Head
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 04:25:05 AM »

I have a 2005 Equinox with locking issues. I have power locks and I can unlock my doors by hitting the button but I can not lock them. When i put my car in drive the doors lock like they are supposed to. I thought it was the actuators but they are working fine. I also reset the locks so that when I put the car in park the doors dont unlock so my trunk hatch locks. So is it a fuse? the switch? electrical? Someone please help!  Bang Head

Possibly there is a sensor that thinks one of the doors is still open.  Either bad sensor, or a door is really open.  Many cars will not lock the doors when one door is thought to be open becuase then the  owner would think that the car is securely locked, while it really isn't.  Just a thought...

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
mathiss01

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 08:09:53 PM »

UPDATE
So i took my car to the dealership to get the remote to unlock the door and it fixed it for a day but then my locks started to freak out. I will be driving and the just freak out. When I click the remote to unlock them they lock and unlock several times and the just stay locked. Anyone know what this could be?
fourmoremarine
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 06:08:11 AM »

UPDATE
So i took my car to the dealership to get the remote to unlock the door and it fixed it for a day but then my locks started to freak out. I will be driving and the just freak out. When I click the remote to unlock them they lock and unlock several times and the just stay locked. Anyone know what this could be?
I'd say it's the dealers problem... sounds like you took it to them to fix,and they didn't.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: