EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
August 27, 2014, 03:59:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TerrainForum, EquinoxForum & SRXForum! We're glad you found us!

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 NOX FOG LIGHT INSTALL  (Read 6356 times)
MIKEMCFI

Ignore
« on: September 01, 2011, 08:12:58 PM »

I ordered all the parts from GM here are the numbers (2) 10335108 lamps, (2) 12085498 connectors, (1) 20847185 trim, (1) 20847186 trim. OEMPARTS123.com has everything in stock and seems to have the best delivered price.

The connectors come with about a foot of wire, long enough to reach the back of each headlight. I used (4) 3M scotch locks (blue) on the yellow and black wires at the back of each headlight. I installed the scotch locks between where the wires leave the headlight housing and the connector so the body harness has no modification. To access to the rear of the headlight assembly I removed the tires and fender liners, I tried working through the headlight service hole and did not have enough room.  

This install may not be legal in your area, the fog lights are always on with the low beam headlights and do not go off when the high beams come on.
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 05:03:58 AM »

Yep - illegal in NY.  Can't have fogs on with high beams.  I've been driving my Maxima with that setup for years, and never got stopped, though.

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
NoobNox
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 10:28:51 AM »

Why would you do it this way instead of running a simple on/off toggle switch to the interior? Another member here found a good place to route the wiring inside (parking brake pedal opening iirc) and then used one of those switches that mount with double sided tape underneath the steering column.

2010 Equinox 2LT Silver Ice metallic, 2.4 I4, 2WD, Titanium leather
MIKEMCFI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 06:22:12 AM »

I was going for the fast, easy and simple install. Adding the switch would require a large switch that could handle the load or adding a relay. On my last car I never touched the fog light switch, it was always on.
bowtieman
Global Moderator
Theta Freak

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 02:08:24 AM »

Thanks for the part numbers Smiley  Any pics of the install process?  Just curious to see how the "Non" Fog light blank insert plastic piece is held in place.  Also when the blank pieace is off and replaced by the chrome line that goes towards the middle of the bumper(I attached a pic of the piece I am referring to, hopefully is shows) wondering if there is factory paint under that black piece.

Also do you happen to have any rough estimate as far as total cost? My browser doesn't like the omeparts123.com site for some reason if not no worries I can try to get down to the dealership parts office to get some prices. Thank you

Born 7/2011 Purchased this 2012 1LT I-4 on 9/25/11
Black Granite Metallic, Jet Black Interior
How to Video's on my install of:Chrome Handles, Chrome Roof Rails & Fog lights, Air filters. Located within General How To section
Drive with my hands not my feet !!
cottonseed

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 05:49:52 AM »

Thanks for the part numbers Smiley  Any pics of the install process?  Just curious to see how the "Non" Fog light blank insert plastic piece is held in place.  Also when the blank pieace is off and replaced by the chrome line that goes towards the middle of the bumper(I attached a pic of the piece I am referring to, hopefully is shows) wondering if there is factory paint under that black piece.

The blank piece is held in by a screw and snaps in place.  The new fog light piece will snap in and be held in with the same screw you removed so keep that screw (1 per side).  It is painted under that piece you are referring too.

2010 Nox LT
Cardinal Red / Jet Black
I4 AWD
bowtieman
Global Moderator
Theta Freak

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 08:44:19 AM »

The blank piece is held in by a screw and snaps in place.  The new fog light piece will snap in and be held in with the same screw you removed so keep that screw (1 per side).  It is painted under that piece you are referring too.

Awesome Thank you for the info thumbs up! Amazing how cool Forums are, because i asked this same question at a dealership or parts department and they all just scramble trying to find the answer and have the most puzzling confused look on their face Huh? lol

3more question's if anyone can answer,  

-Anyone have pictures of the total parts needed?

-Is the Trim piece (part # 20847185) the black backpart and the chrome lines, is this a all in one piece?

-When you purchase the Lamp (part #10335108) , does that come with the chrome round piece that covers the projector lens, or is the chrome round trim piece separate?

Also, seems like gmpartsdirect.com is cheaper than the oemparts123, now i am not sure if shipping or if one site has better incentives than the other, but so far the gm parts direct one is cheaper, here is what i found so far.

Lamp (Part# 10335108)
List Price: 115.45each
Shown on OEMparts123 site: $81.74ea                         
Shown on GmpartsDirect: $71.35ea

Trim piece
Part # 20847185
List Price:$47.66
Shown OEMparts123 site: $33.75ea
Shown on GmpartsDirect:$29.46ea

Connectors
Part 12085498
List Price: $36.66
Shown on OEMparts123: $21.63 ea
Shown on GMparts Direct: $18.88 ea

Thank you

Born 7/2011 Purchased this 2012 1LT I-4 on 9/25/11
Black Granite Metallic, Jet Black Interior
How to Video's on my install of:Chrome Handles, Chrome Roof Rails & Fog lights, Air filters. Located within General How To section
Drive with my hands not my feet !!
luke5181

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 06:25:55 PM »

Awesome Thank you for the info thumbs up! Amazing how cool Forums are, because i asked this same question at a dealership or parts department and they all just scramble trying to find the answer and have the most puzzling confused look on their face Huh? lol

3more question's if anyone can answer,  

-Anyone have pictures of the total parts needed?

-Is the Trim piece (part # 20847185) the black backpart and the chrome lines, is this a all in one piece?

-When you purchase the Lamp (part #10335108) , does that come with the chrome round piece that covers the projector lens, or is the chrome round trim piece separate?

Also, seems like gmpartsdirect.com is cheaper than the oemparts123, now i am not sure if shipping or if one site has better incentives than the other, but so far the gm parts direct one is cheaper, here is what i found so far.

Lamp (Part# 10335108)
List Price: 115.45each
Shown on OEMparts123 site: $81.74ea                         
Shown on GmpartsDirect: $71.35ea

Trim piece
Part # 20847185
List Price:$47.66
Shown OEMparts123 site: $33.75ea
Shown on GmpartsDirect:$29.46ea

Connectors
Part 12085498
List Price: $36.66
Shown on OEMparts123: $21.63 ea
Shown on GMparts Direct: $18.88 ea

Thank you

Those parts are outrageous for the actual assembly.......They are the same for most Chevy's, these are the ones I ordered and they fit perfectly, just snapped in and came complete with bulbs. I have a 2011 NOX LT

search ebay for "06 07 CHEVY MALIBU 06-10 IMPALA GLASS FOG LIGHT LAMP RL"

NODES

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 08:43:08 PM »

Those parts are outrageous for the actual assembly.......They are the same for most Chevy's, these are the ones I ordered and they fit perfectly, just snapped in and came complete with bulbs. I have a 2011 NOX LT

search ebay for "06 07 CHEVY MALIBU 06-10 IMPALA GLASS FOG LIGHT LAMP RL"

pricing is cheap compared to the Nissan Versa I had, $400 for 2 factory fogs and the shrouds. Oh No
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: