EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
November 23, 2014, 09:55:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TerrainForum, EquinoxForum & SRXForum! We're glad you found us!

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Equinox Bluetooth Problems  (Read 43944 times)
wkeatonjr

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2012, 01:41:13 PM »

When I bought the car November of last year I had a HTC Droid Incredible with no pairing problems and lost pair only once.  I have upgraded the phone recently yet GM has done nothing that I know of to update the bluetooth issues mentioned in this thread.  Dialing by name is almost inpossible and the ability to actually download the phonebook is very disappointing.

What did you upgrade to?

The phonebook on my DROIDX downloads with no problems.

--
2014 GMC Terrain SLE-2, I4,FWD, Onyx Black, Convience Package, Chrome Package, Cargo Package
JediSkipdogg

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2012, 03:42:18 PM »

When I bought the car November of last year I had a HTC Droid Incredible with no pairing problems and lost pair only once.  I have upgraded the phone recently yet GM has done nothing that I know of to update the bluetooth issues mentioned in this thread.  Dialing by name is almost inpossible and the ability to actually download the phonebook is very disappointing.

Dialing by name is not suppose to be possible straight to the device.  You have to program the numbers into the radio to dial by name and I believe you can only program 30 max.  The dial by name is part of the Mylink/Intellink system.

As for downloading the phone book, you have to make sure after pairing that you authorize the phone to do so.  I've paid 3 android phones to my car and it asked me each time if I wanted to authorize the car to access my phone book. 

Merlot Jewel 2012 GMC Terrain
FWD SLE-2 2.4L
ptco911

sgme9@hotmail.com ptco911 ptco911

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2012, 04:24:04 PM »

What did you upgrade to?

The phonebook on my DROIDX downloads with no problems.

I now have a HTC Rezound.  The phone book is recognized but will not dial from it.

2012 Exquinox AWD LTZ
4 Cyl
Black/Black Interior
Navigation
Sunroof
18 inch wheels
wkeatonjr

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2012, 09:20:48 PM »

I now have a HTC Rezound.  The phone book is recognized but will not dial from it.

You can only dial from the phone book manually using the radio screen or using voice to the phone. (I.e. "Bluetooth", "voice", "call name")

--
2014 GMC Terrain SLE-2, I4,FWD, Onyx Black, Convience Package, Chrome Package, Cargo Package
ptco911

sgme9@hotmail.com ptco911 ptco911

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2012, 12:46:04 PM »

It does not recognize names.  It will dial numbers.

2012 Exquinox AWD LTZ
4 Cyl
Black/Black Interior
Navigation
Sunroof
18 inch wheels
devsfan30

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2012, 12:57:01 PM »

Having similar problems with my GMC Terrain.   I can see the writing on the wall with this one.  I have only had the vehicle for 2 weeks and I'm ready to return it.  Why can every other manufacturer get their biuetooth technology right, and GM's is so awful!!!!!  My BMW worked flawlessly.  This is such a disappointment.  My phone ( MY touch 4G) will connect, then disconnect, connect etc.  The phone book never loads and it doesn't understand any commands.  The dealer agrees their is a problem, but has not offered any solutions.  4 more visits to the dealer and I will invoke the lemon law.  I am done with GM!!  Never should have given up my BMW with its wonderful technology.  Years ahead of anyone else.

Hi all, I've lurked on this forum for a while (bought a 2011 2LT V6 in May of last year) but wanted to register because I had the same problem in the beginning - I have an HTC Sensation and bluetooth would constantly disconnect. Much Googling led to the solution and I hope it helps someone here - I discovered the problem is that the phone syncs your address book to your facebook contacts. Basically you have to stop them from syncing, and then click decline when it asks for permission to access your phone book.

I haven't had a single problem with it disconnecting since I did this. I have contacts set to sync again but I always press decline on the phone screen after bluetooth connects. You can still voice dial, I just tried it. I don't know if this will solve the problem for everyone but my searching led to a bunch of people with the same cause of the problem.

one example - forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-thunderbolt-forums/110255-bluetooth-disconnects.html

2011 Chevy Equinox 2LT
Mocha Steel Metallic
V6, sunroof, AWD
kingrob2494

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2012, 04:50:09 PM »

Just picke up my Nox today want to know ifyou can dial a number via bluetooth by simpley saying the name of the person you want to call. i couldent get it to work properley. I have a HTC Thunderbolt but am waiting for my new razor maxx.
Iliketerrain

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2012, 05:19:48 PM »

You can't use the phone's contact list for voice recognition. You have to set your phone number
in one of the Onstar entries that are shared with the Bluetooth.

If you can voice dial with you phone, you may be able to use the Bluetooth "Voice" command to
access the phone and dial using the phone's dialing.
Dd

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2012, 07:51:37 AM »

Just got a 2012 terrain, it drops my rooted lg revolution on and off (saw its on the list of known issues). I'll have to try and play with it more
jallison47

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2012, 07:01:47 PM »

I have a Droid Razr Maxx and yes it too has a problem if your contacts sync in Facebook. Turn of the sync and it will allow you to display your phone contacts on the screen. You can also voice dial using bluetooth. If you have a iPhone 4s you don't have to make any changes. Now if the cars' bluetooth was just A2DP compliant, you could stream music to the car from the phone.
brownsfan71

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2012, 10:44:55 AM »

I bought my 2012 Equinox LT in March of this year and I have the same problems with my phone disconnecting constantly from the bluetooth. Sometimes I have to  pair it 10 times a day. I work from my car and bought this car because it had bluetooth. I talked to a GM rep a month ago and they know of this issue and I working to correct it. LOL. From other posts I have read on this problem it seems to have been going on for quite sometime now. I guess GM is the same old company that we taxpayers had bail out last year. Very disappointed and will probably never buy a GM again
Dawgdaes

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2012, 06:08:50 PM »

I bought my 2012 Equinox LT in March of this year and I have the same problems with my phone disconnecting constantly from the bluetooth. Sometimes I have to  pair it 10 times a day. I work from my car and bought this car because it had bluetooth. I talked to a GM rep a month ago and they know of this issue and I working to correct it. LOL. From other posts I have read on this problem it seems to have been going on for quite sometime now. I guess GM is the same old company that we taxpayers had bail out last year. Very disappointed and will probably never buy a GM again

What kind of phone?  Did you buy a car or a bluetooth speaker?  If I worked fom my car I would make sue my phone would pair just the way I wanted it to. 

2013 LTZ, V6, AWD, Summit White

2012 2LT, AWD, I4, NAV, Power lift gate, Jet Black, Twilight Blue. - totaled with 23,000 miles by hit and run driver 

Traded @ 33,000 Miles - 2010 2LT, FWD, I4, NAV, Power lift gate, Titanium, Cardinal Red
Old Salt

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2012, 09:16:41 AM »

I have the 2011 LT2, and my first cell phone worked fine for about ten months. Then a GM "over-the-air" update disabled that phone from GM bluetooth. So I got another phone - one recommended by GM. It took GM only about six weeks to disable that one. On GM's recommendation, I now have a iPhone 4s - the GM rep said that they will always support the iPhone. With the iPhone I've had disconnects, failure to recognize that the phone is in the car, and voice command problems. My local dealer's service guy had a new phone that the GM rep said was fully supported, and it wasn't any better than mine. I suspect that GM is pretty good at making cars, but the new technologies are too much for them. 
Douger963

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2012, 09:25:37 PM »

I have a 2012 Terrain and HTC Sensation. I had similar problems to others in that I'd get a message like, unable to place call with your blue tooth phone. My calls would drop from hands free calling in the Terrain after about 30 seconds. Very frustrating and I couldn't find a solution for months. I have solved this problem from following advice in an earlier post. In my Facebook Android App, I went to settings > Sync Contacts > Don't Sync. Facebook app, trying to sync with my phone contacts seems to be the culprit. My hands free calling now works.
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2012, 08:48:52 AM »

Have you been in contact with customer assistance? Please contact me privately with the case number or last eight of your VIN for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!
Monkey_Wrench

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2012, 06:13:12 AM »

My wife and I just purchased a used '12 Equinox with less than 5K miles on it.

She needed a bigger car for the baby stuff she's hauling around.

However, we're also having the bluetooth problems.

It drops connectivity randomly on both of our iPhone 4's. Sometimes, it won't pair at all.
When you then use the car to re-pair, the computer seems to freeze up in the pairing screen where it gives the code.
Shutting the car down, and restarting is then the only way I can "un-freeze" the computer.
A real pain, as Bluetooth was a must when we were searching for a vehicle for her, safety for my wife and baby is a must!

I called the chevy dealer in Sarasota this morning, and they had never heard of the issue.

What do I do now? Take it there and have them endlessly swap computers/receivers and whatnot?
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2012, 09:22:01 AM »

My wife and I just purchased a used '12 Equinox with less than 5K miles on it.

She needed a bigger car for the baby stuff she's hauling around.

However, we're also having the bluetooth problems.

It drops connectivity randomly on both of our iPhone 4's. Sometimes, it won't pair at all.
When you then use the car to re-pair, the computer seems to freeze up in the pairing screen where it gives the code.
Shutting the car down, and restarting is then the only way I can "un-freeze" the computer.
A real pain, as Bluetooth was a must when we were searching for a vehicle for her, safety for my wife and baby is a must!

I called the chevy dealer in Sarasota this morning, and they had never heard of the issue.

What do I do now? Take it there and have them endlessly swap computers/receivers and whatnot?

I would recommend having the dealer take a look at the concern to provide a diagnosis. If you find that you need more assistance, please feel free to contact me privately. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!
pswart

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2012, 07:46:17 AM »

Hello,

My wife's Equinox has Bluetooth problems as well.

Often when she starts the vehicle, the display will show Private Call. She must hit the Answer button on the steering wheel. Then it changes to show Unknown Number. Then she must hit the Answer Button. At this point she can then hit the Hang Up button.

Unless she does all of that, she can't use the radio, make calls, etc.

At the dealer, they told her to restart her phone, which obviously did nothing...

She has an Android phone, if that makes any difference.

Please help!

joshty

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2012, 11:08:08 AM »

I think we can find 90% of top phones in the above list.

Fuel Saving ECU Chip
pswart

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2012, 12:49:16 PM »

Quote from: joshty link=topic=3470.msg69977#msg69977 date=1351706888
I think we can find 90% of top phones in the above list.

What list?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: