EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
April 19, 2014, 08:13:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TerrainForum, EquinoxForum & SRXForum! We're glad you found us!

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: adding oem remote start  (Read 8899 times)
jerm

Ignore
« on: October 04, 2011, 03:37:07 PM »

Is it possible to add OEM remote start to a terrain that was built without it? Im thinkin its possible to reprogram the BCM and program 2 new key fobs to the RCDLR to make this work, but Im just looking for more input from anyone with experience.
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 03:54:53 PM »

Is it possible to add OEM remote start to a terrain that was built without it? Im thinkin its possible to reprogram the BCM and program 2 new key fobs to the RCDLR to make this work, but Im just looking for more input from anyone with experience.

I'm pretty sure that GTPprix can do this.  Try a search on this topic, and I'm sure you will find some discussion.

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
jerm

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 04:38:43 PM »

I already did a search and didn't find anything other than him saying he could do it. I want to know if I can do it
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 05:58:13 PM »

I already did a search and didn't find anything other than him saying he could do it. I want to know if I can do it

Unless you can re-program ECUs, you would probably have a difficult time.  I don't think it is a "plug and play" modification.

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
jerm

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 06:31:38 PM »

Unless you can re-program ECUs, you would probably have a difficult time.  I don't think it is a "plug and play" modification.

I can reprogram ecus. Im a service tech at a chevy dealership Smiley
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 06:51:34 PM »

Seems like since you are a Service Tech, then you should have no problem installing it.  Can you also make modifications to the DIC screens like GTPprix has done ?   He has also been able to restore the ability to roll up and down the windows from the key fob, and also disable the DRLs.   If so, where are you located, and how much would you charge ?

THX

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
Terrain2011

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 07:05:35 PM »

My understanding is that an after market module/ mod was available from GM for the 2010 Terrrains to add remote start.    Last time I checked, it was not available for the 2011.  I will ask my service man next time I see him.
MATO

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »

I had a 2008 Silverado and it was possible to add factory remote start by just going to the dealer and having them program the ECU... However, they said it was not possible to do on the Equinox or the Terrain.
dishdude

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 09:55:40 AM »

Then why do you need to go to an internet forum to ask this question?

2011 GMC Terrain SLE-2 V6 18" Wheels Olympic White w/Jet Black Interior
jerm

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 03:18:38 PM »

Then why do you need to go to an internet forum to ask this question?

Just because Im a service tech doesnt mean I randomly go into vehicle ecus and see which ways I can program them. I'd rather ask first and know it can be done instead of blindly diving into something on a whim.

Thanks for contributing though!
tahoebigah

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 03:23:22 PM »

On Sept 26th 2011 it was listed as an accessory on the GMC Accessories website but i checked today and it is no longer there. I have been searching for a part number but I am unable to find it. I have contacted GMC and the dealer and neither will not acknowledge is was on the website and there was a part number.  

TO:GTPprix or someome that knows: what is needed to have a factory remote start? Is the only thing you have to do is enable it with a Tech II and buy a keyfob with remote start? or do you have to have a module or wiring harness or something else?
jerm

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 03:42:04 PM »

On Sept 26th 2011 it was listed as an accessory on the GMC Accessories website but i checked today and it is no longer there. I have been searching for a part number but I am unable to find it. I have contacted GMC and the dealer and neither will not acknowledge is was on the website and there was a part number.  

TO:GTPprix or someome that knows: what is needed to have a factory remote start? Is the only thing you have to do is enable it with a Tech II and buy a keyfob with remote start? or do you have to have a module or wiring harness or something else?

i checked about a week ago and it wasnt on the accessory web site either. SI lists it as an accessory option though, but the part number it gives is invalid in the parts catalog.

they dont even list the advanced 2 way remote start as an option. I kind of believe that is because of the new style key/fob though
dishdude

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 05:24:33 PM »

Just because Im a service tech doesnt mean I randomly go into vehicle ecus and see which ways I can program them. I'd rather ask first and know it can be done instead of blindly diving into something on a whim.

Thanks for contributing though!

Let me contribute some more, this has been discussed in multiple threads previously. Thanks for contributing and creating another duplicate thread!

2011 GMC Terrain SLE-2 V6 18" Wheels Olympic White w/Jet Black Interior
jerm

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »

Let me contribute some more, this has been discussed in multiple threads previously. Thanks for contributing and creating another duplicate thread!

Well as i stated earlier, I've already searched and didnt find the answer i was looking for. So once again, thanks for your contribution, but please take your superior reading skills and find another thread to up your post count in.
tahoebigah

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 09:48:50 PM »

I have been reading up on it and it looks like all you would need to do is reprogram the bcm. The only possible roadblock I saw was the option being blocked by the VIN.  Dont know much about the TECH II but is this something you could look at or do you need something really specific to look for like changing the RPO code?

Another thing I saw which might be possible is if you get a new BCM you get to program it first before it becomes VIN locked so that might be another option to look at.

I wish I had a Tech II so I knew what I was talking about Grin
jerm

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 05:15:20 AM »

you'd be wasting your money getting a tech 2. It doesnt work on the equinox or terrain
tahoebigah

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 08:10:50 AM »

well then I wish I had whatever it might be to hookup to the terrain because honestly I dont think it would be that hard to do.
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 07:08:15 AM »

i checked about a week ago and it wasnt on the accessory web site either. SI lists it as an accessory option though, but the part number it gives is invalid in the parts catalog.

they dont even list the advanced 2 way remote start as an option. I kind of believe that is because of the new style key/fob though
I would be happy to attempt to clear this up for you. In order to do so, I will need the last eight of your VIN. You can contact me privately. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!
esbayne

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 11:51:54 PM »

As long as you have on star you shoule be able to use the iphone app to start the car. If you can do this a fob that would transmit a signal to start the car would seem lilley to me. I have both the fob and the app. Very nice on colde days !

regards
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 06:41:15 AM »

Hi Jerm look at the docs I have posted in my thread to answer your questions

http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?topic=3624.0

After you read it see if you can answer some of my questions in that thread.

2012 Mocha SLE2
  Chrome Enhancements package
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  AVS in channel Window Vents
  Tinted front windows
  Added BTV remote start function
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
Pages: [1]   Go Up