EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
November 26, 2014, 01:36:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote Start Part # 20981996  (Read 55752 times)
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2011, 01:23:22 PM »

Ok had the Terrain 3 days time to mod it thumbs up
I know the remote start can be programmed (GTPprix I think is the members name) but he lives in Michigan and I am here in SC so I have to get someone here to do it. I can get the remote(s) for ~$35 (GM Retiree price) but this part #20981996 is a future part that was added in June of this year. I have a print out from the dealer Doc ID 2532583 that says the $150 part is just a harness, switch and replacement hood latch, I assume to be used with the switch.  The switch has a Pink/Black wire that goes to forward lamp harness connector x115 pin F and a ground wire to g101. Here is where it gets interesting It says to remove the bumper facia to get to g101. Is that really needed or is shooting a self taping ground good enough? I assume (oh here we go) that this is a remote start disable switch like almost all remote starts come with for $150? If it is then applying a ground to pin "F" in X115 plug must prevent the remote start can anyone verify that? Is it even necessary?Anyone have a FSM that shows the remote start ckt?

Sure I do not want a tech to get ground into hamburger if someone remote starts the car but if I just get the new fob programed to my car will it start with out it? Is that all it takes is buying a coded (Vin numbered) remote start key less remote and programing it to the car or does it take a scan tool and BCM reprogram.

What happens if I get a new remote with the additional button and program it to my car I have already read about sticking the keys in and out to program it? Will it work w/or without the the other remotes? Can I still keep one of my old remotes taught or do I have to get 2 new ones? I only need one fob to remote start?How many remotes can be programmed at one time?

So many questions and such a short time to live.  Bang Head TIA for your answers.

2012 Mocha SLE2
  Chrome Enhancements package
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  AVS in channel Window Vents
  Tinted front windows
  Added BTV remote start function
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 02:25:20 PM »

I'm guessing that you are treading new ground here. Good luck and report back.  I think many want to do this, but I'm not sure anyone has.

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
tahoebigah

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 07:14:27 PM »

is it possible that you could post a scan of the documents?

Also if you have the money might as well buy the remote and try it out if its only $35.
Phantm006

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 03:35:54 AM »

Ok..Forgive me for this but out of all that I ask...What exactly are you trying to achieve?

GMC Terrain SLE2- Cyber Gray Metallic
 2.4, Sunroof, 18" Brushed Aluminum Wheels
Heated Seats, Remote Start
Chrome Package
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 05:03:49 AM »

Ok..Forgive me for this but out of all that I ask...What exactly are you trying to achieve?
Adding Factory Remote Start to my car. thumbs up

2012 Mocha SLE2
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  Tinted front windows
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 06:17:05 AM »

is it possible that you could post a scan of the documents?

Also if you have the money might as well buy the remote and try it out if its only $35.

Here ya go

2012 Mocha SLE2
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  Tinted front windows
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 06:18:28 AM »

....and the rest of the docs

2012 Mocha SLE2
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  Tinted front windows
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 06:38:07 AM »

I assume the X115 harness is the one under the drivers side fuse box in the hood correct? Is this latch switch( I assume it is part of the latch mentioned in the above documents) NO or NC I am guessing NO and it closes the ckt to ground when the hood is open can anyone verify? I also assume anyone with a remote start can look at the hood latch and see the switch/wire can somewone post a picture and maybe explain how it works?

2012 Mocha SLE2
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  Tinted front windows
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
tahoebigah

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 06:16:34 PM »

If you piece everything out it should only be $128. Headlamp w/remote start wiring harness, hood lock w/ remote start, and one new keyfob w/ remote start w/o power lift gate.

Does this seem correct? Would just a wiring harness from a Terrain w/ remote start work or would it be a special wiring harness? What is considered the switch?
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 06:49:53 PM »

Good question If you look at the documents the harness is  in there already it is just an additional wire to it. What I am trying to find out is is the switch closed or open when the hood is open in other words does grounding the pin "F" allow or disable remote start. I would think any remote start switch should work and I see a place to install it next to the hood bumper so there is no need to replace the latch to provide the switching and wire to the harness just a male or female pin (another question) that fits the harness. It could even be spliced to the exsisting "F' wire in plug X115. I actually have a Viper 160xv remote start brand new with the switch in it I have had for several years. The switch on it works by grounding when the hood opens. The switch in the document is part of the latch that is mentioned. I do not know if the terrains with remote start have the same latch or not.

If grounding pin "F" prevents the remote start then the switch is not critical or really needed. It is just a safety so the car does not get remote started while someone is working under the hood. There is a sticker that says "Caution remote start installed" that would cover that in the box. All that would be needed would be a re program of the BCM. Maybe that is what GTPprix does. The dealer said ~$78 to program it+ $35 each (GM employee discount) for the coded fobs.

2012 Mocha SLE2
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  Tinted front windows
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 07:08:17 PM »

Eureka here is the latch with the switch.

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/products/GMC/Terrain/LATCH-Hood-Latch/2933367/20810846.html

Wiring it should not be an issue.
I do not have a FSM  it is not available for the 2012 yet but someone with a 2011 FSM please look at the wiring section and trouble shooting to tell me what the switch does.

2012 Mocha SLE2
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  Tinted front windows
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
tahoebigah

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 08:39:43 PM »

This would be the same hood latch as all of the other Terrain's with remote start unless for the kit they decided to make a different latch. So if this is the case then it should have the same 2 wires hooked up the same way right or would there actually be a connector on one end instead of sticking the wire in the X115 connector? I am going back to the parts dept to look it up.

First week in December I am going to get everything for this and try it. If you beat me to the install let me know how it goes and what you did!
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 09:31:52 PM »

This would be the same hood latch as all of the other Terrain's with remote start unless for the kit they decided to make a different latch. So if this is the case then it should have the same 2 wires hooked up the same way right or would there actually be a connector on one end instead of sticking the wire in the X115 connector? I am going back to the parts dept to look it up.

First week in December I am going to get everything for this and try it. If you beat me to the install let me know how it goes and what you did!

You will probably beat me. The only issue is the plug for the switch. I am sure it is generic but I would need the switch in hand to find one. Like I said once you ID the X115 and the "f" pin( it will have a wire on one side and not the other I believe) You can just splice the wire instead of trying to insert a connector into the plug the other side of the switch wiring just goes to ground. That would complete the wiring then get the dealer to program the BCM according to the documents I posted and it should remote start. Keep me posted too. I particularly want to know if it is a NO or NC switch.

2012 Mocha SLE2
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  Tinted front windows
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
tahoebigah

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 10:28:19 PM »

I believe this is the plug for the switch GM Part# 15306388 and AC Delco Part# PT1440.
TurboLed

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 05:54:50 AM »

We know the SLE-1 doesn't offer Remote Start even as an option. So if I have an SLE-1 I guess it is useless to even think about asking a dealer to reprogram the BCM to activate Remote Start, right?
tahoebigah

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 06:39:38 AM »

It will useless unless you put the new hood latch and wiring on. Also you would need the remotes. I know today I needed the remote start it was a nice temp of 26 this morning,
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 07:22:45 AM »

I believe this is the plug for the switch GM Part# 15306388 and AC Delco Part# PT1440.

thumbs up Cool I am not sure that is exactly the one it is a 3 way I though it was a 2 way. Keep me posted.

2012 Mocha SLE2
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  Tinted front windows
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 07:44:43 AM »

Here is another to look at

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=389018&ukey_product=2933160

2012 Mocha SLE2
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  Tinted front windows
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
TurboLed

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 04:50:21 PM »

It will useless unless you put the new hood latch and wiring on. Also you would need the remotes. I know today I needed the remote start it was a nice temp of 26 this morning,

I understand what you mean. But as I say, the SLE-1 doesn't offer remote start as an option:
http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/vehicles/gmc/terrain/compare-options-and-specifications

According to this link above, it is optional on SLE-2, and standard on SLT-1 and SLT-2. You are trying to activate the SLE-2 which has the factory option, so the dealer will be able to get a VCI for that option on your car.

As for me, I guess would be that no dealer will allow activating remote start on an SLE-1 even with the hardware installed. Can someone confirm this? As of now, my dealer didn't want to hear anything about installing remote start on this car.
ChevyMgr

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 05:02:08 PM »

I have not read all the posted docs, but the hood needs to be shut for a remote start for safety reasons. I have seen it wired around on other models, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone losing a hand.

Current Rides:
2011 Equinox LTZ - Born 11/5/2010 - Adopted 12/29/2010
2010 Malibu LTZ
2012 Cruze LT
2013 Cruze RS
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: