EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
April 17, 2014, 10:30:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TerrainForum, EquinoxForum & SRXForum! We're glad you found us!

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote Start Part # 20981996  (Read 41735 times)
Terrain2011

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2011, 02:47:48 PM »

Was anyone ever able to find a good guide as to doing this?  I just purchased a 2010 GMC Terrain yesterday and would love to add remote start to it.  Thanks.

Earlier this year my dealer told me there was a retrofit kit for 2010 Terrains remote start, and as of then, there was not a kit for the 2011.     If I remember correctly he showed me the catalog for the 2010 and that there was not one for the 2011, at least at that time.
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2011, 03:26:36 PM »

Earlier this year my dealer told me there was a retrofit kit for 2010 Terrains remote start, and as of then, there was not a kit for the 2011.     If I remember correctly he showed me the catalog for the 2010 and that there was not one for the 2011, at least at that time.
Why would you post this? If you look at the part number and/or do a search you will see it is for 2011/12.  It does nothing to advance this thread and only provides misinformation. Bang Head

2012 Mocha SLE2
  Chrome Enhancements package
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  AVS in channel Window Vents
  Tinted front windows
  Added BTV remote start function
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
TurboLed

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2011, 04:03:09 PM »

Send me a PM with your last 8 of the VIN and I can tell you for sure. For sure GM shows that it works for an Equinox, but Terrrain is not listed in the Accessory Catalog, but the part number does pull up for a Terrain in the Parts Catalog.

I did send you a PM...
Thanks
Terrain2011

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2011, 04:07:28 AM »

Why would you post this? If you look at the part number and/or do a search you will see it is for 2011/12.  It does nothing to advance this thread and only provides misinformation. Bang Head

Well, I am sorry that you feel that way.        However the poster asked about a 2010   Terrain, not a 2011.  

Here is his quesiton "  
Quote from: brisk00 on November 23, 2011, 08:34:20 AM

Was anyone ever able to find a good guide as to doing this?  I just purchased a 2010 GMC Terrain yesterday and would love to add remote start to it.  Thanks."

I relayed to him what my dealer told me and showed me in their accessories parts catalog regarding the 2010 model.   If the info is wrong then perhaps you could explain what is correct and help all of us.                                                                                                          
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2011, 07:18:56 AM »

Well, I am sorry that you feel that way.        However the poster asked about a 2010   Terrain, not a 2011.  

Here is his quesiton "  
Quote from: brisk00 on November 23, 2011, 08:34:20 AM

Was anyone ever able to find a good guide as to doing this?  I just purchased a 2010 GMC Terrain yesterday and would love to add remote start to it.  Thanks."

I relayed to him what my dealer told me and showed me in their accessories parts catalog regarding the 2010 model.   If the info is wrong then perhaps you could explain what is correct and help all of us.                                                                                                          

Search the part number in the description it says 2010-2012 model years. As for the instructions I have already posted the documents all it takes is to read them and buy the parts (kit if available). thumbs up

2012 Mocha SLE2
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  Tinted front windows
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
Terrain2011

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2011, 07:58:14 AM »

Are these GM parts?  If one goes to the GMC site and search accessories, it does not show anything for the 2011 or 2012.  It does show for some other models, but not for Terrain?

I saw your postings, do not know what constitutes a "kit".   Could you explain.    The page I saw just showed a FOB like device, whereas you are talking harnesses, switches, latches, etc.    Are those all in the kit?    And if there is a kit, why would one want to purchase all the parts separately?

Like I said the poster asked if available for 2010 and I relayed what my dealer told me. 

Regardless, have a good day.   
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2011, 08:29:07 AM »

Are these GM parts?  If one goes to the GMC site and search accessories, it does not show anything for the 2011 or 2012.  It does show for some other models, but not for Terrain?

I saw your postings, do not know what constitutes a "kit".   Could you explain.    The page I saw just showed a FOB like device, whereas you are talking harnesses, switches, latches, etc.    Are those all in the kit?    And if there is a kit, why would one want to purchase all the parts separately?

Like I said the poster asked if available for 2010 and I relayed what my dealer told me. 

Regardless, have a good day.   
My dealer had no clue either.If you read the thread and the documents I posted they are the GM instructions for the kit I can't make it any clearer and I give up. I am looking for help not to keep answering the same question over and over..... Bang Head

2012 Mocha SLE2
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  Tinted front windows
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
ChevyMgr

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2011, 12:25:16 PM »

Turboled

Based on the VIN you supplied me with, my parts guy says the GM Catalog shows this part to be a good number for your vehicle. You would have to buy the kit, install it or get it installed and then buy the a new remote/key. And then a dealership would have to program it using the VCI number supplied inside the kit.

Current Rides:
2011 Equinox LTZ - Born 11/5/2010 - Adopted 12/29/2010
2010 Malibu LTZ
2012 Cruze LT
2013 Cruze RS
Terrain2011

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2011, 01:41:34 PM »

My dealer had no clue either.If you read the thread and the documents I posted they are the GM instructions for the kit I can't make it any clearer and I give up. I am looking for help not to keep answering the same question over and over..... Bang Head

Have a good day!
tahoebigah

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2011, 09:19:06 PM »

Turboled

Based on the VIN you supplied me with, my parts guy says the GM Catalog shows this part to be a good number for your vehicle. You would have to buy the kit, install it or get it installed and then buy the a new remote/key. And then a dealership would have to program it using the VCI number supplied inside the kit.

Is the VCI number unique to each VIN number or would the VCI number be the same for all of the kits?
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2011, 08:09:05 AM »

Is the VCI number unique to each VIN number or would the VCI number be the same for all of the kits?

Read the appendix of the link It should not be an issue for the dealer to get a VCI if needed if I read it correctly

http://genisysotc.com/pdfs/526933GMSPSManual.pdf

2012 Mocha SLE2
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  Tinted front windows
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2011, 10:59:46 AM »

Had a nail in my tire fixed at the dealer today and found the part is now available and ordered it along with a coded remote should be in in 3 or 4 days Cheers Remote start here I come thumbs up

2012 Mocha SLE2
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  Tinted front windows
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
TurboLed

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2011, 11:06:51 AM »

Hi Mochaman,
We are following your posts carefully. Thank you for telling us about your progress.
tahoebigah

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2011, 08:31:03 PM »

beat me to it my terrain is in the body shop getting hail damage repair!

Let me know how it goes!
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2011, 08:40:46 PM »

beat me to it my terrain is in the body shop getting hail damage repair!

Let me know how it goes!
thumbs up I will.I know it is going to cost  ~200 at least to get it done and that is with my GM discount and doing some of the work myself. It would have been cheaper to get one with the convenience package hetaed seats and remote start for $400 more. They want that much for the seat heaters by themselves but I was being cheap at the time and it was what they had when I wanted it. It is still a way for those without it to get it installed.

2012 Mocha SLE2
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  Tinted front windows
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2011, 01:49:48 PM »

Had a nail in my tire fixed at the dealer today and found the part is now available and ordered it along with a coded remote should be in in 3 or 4 days Cheers Remote start here I come thumbs up
I am glad to hear that the part is available. Please feel free to keep me posted on your progress. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2011, 01:21:57 PM »

Parts are in going to the dealer in the morning to get it working. I will let you know the final cost then.

2012 Mocha SLE2
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  Tinted front windows
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2011, 06:05:53 PM »

Long frustrating day. Went to the dealer at 9 AM. Tech installed the latch and wiring (I helped) Found out that GM downloads the programing and the tech did that. Paired all of my keys (1 remote start 2 non remote start) and all worked. Tried to remote start ,push lock 2 times hold start the parking lights flashed and.......nothing.Worked with the tech re downloading and re teaching the keys....still no start. We were able to start with the keys but not remote. We troubleshot the latch switch(even checked one in the lot) but we knew it was working when the hood is open a "Hood Open" warning is on the DIC that went away when closed. We went into the ECM and found 2 faults when the hood is closed a "hood ajar ckt open & shorted obviously impossible and it would flash on and off on the screen. No fault when the hood was open. Tech got on the phone with GM tech service to find out what is up. They uploaded my program and said it was good but this problem has been seen nationwide  Bang Head. So tonight it sleeps at the dealer and they are supposed to have an answer in the morning so close but so far away. flaming mad

The good thing is the dealer is only charging me for 1 hr to do this but I am the first for them so it is a learning process.

2012 Mocha SLE2
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  Tinted front windows
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2011, 07:46:07 PM »

Mochaman

You may want to contact GTPprix (Chris White).  He has already done this on the new Buicks.  It must be fairly involved, because some dealers have flown him to their garage to do it.

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
GTPprix

HighPSIGTX GTPprix

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2011, 05:16:58 AM »

Long frustrating day. Went to the dealer at 9 AM. Tech installed the latch and wiring (I helped) Found out that GM downloads the programing and the tech did that. Paired all of my keys (1 remote start 2 non remote start) and all worked. Tried to remote start ,push lock 2 times hold start the parking lights flashed and.......nothing.Worked with the tech re downloading and re teaching the keys....still no start. We were able to start with the keys but not remote. We troubleshot the latch switch(even checked one in the lot) but we knew it was working when the hood is open a "Hood Open" warning is on the DIC that went away when closed. We went into the ECM and found 2 faults when the hood is closed a "hood ajar ckt open & shorted obviously impossible and it would flash on and off on the screen. No fault when the hood was open. Tech got on the phone with GM tech service to find out what is up. They uploaded my program and said it was good but this problem has been seen nationwide  Bang Head. So tonight it sleeps at the dealer and they are supposed to have an answer in the morning so close but so far away. flaming mad

The good thing is the dealer is only charging me for 1 hr to do this but I am the first for them so it is a learning process.

Those kits were built with the wrong hood switch; none of them work. Why they are still selling them I have no idea but the resistance network in those "aftermarket"  latches is wrong. If you look at the switch the one in the Accessory kit is black IIRC and the OEM is gray they are color coded to the resistance network inside and the calibration is setup for the OEM latch. Basically the kit wont work as provided. Short term fix you can either have the dealer send the BCM to me for the whole shebang without the need for the hood switch (or wiring etc) so its plug and play (and anyone else reading this I can add factory remote start far easier than the dealer accessory kit junk) OR you can order another hood latch (the factory one).

Chris White
2006 Spice Red A4 GTO - Stock
2009 Corvette Z06 3LZ - '10 Launch Control
2012 CTS-V Sedan - Custom BCM/IPC CAI/Corsa
2012 Jeep SRT8 - Stock
2013 SRX - Custom IPC/BCM
2013 Lacrosse Touring - Custom IPC/BCM/Intellilink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: