EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
December 19, 2014, 10:45:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Download our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! more info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clear Coat Wax  (Read 9523 times)
wbassnp007

Ignore
« on: November 10, 2011, 06:10:40 PM »

What is the best clear coat wax to preserve Carbon Black Metallic? I'm looking for something without too much cleaner. Just seal and wax. Any suggestions?

2011 Terrain, Carbon Black Metallic
SLT2, 4 Cyl.,FWD, 18" Machined Aluminum Wheels
Rear Seat Entertainment, Navigation, Brownstone Leather
43sbest

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 06:44:12 PM »

Try one of these Meguiars products they are paint sealants and don't have any cleaners in them. The Ultimate Wax Liquid hasn't been out to long so I haven't used it but will when I run out of the NXT I have been using for several years on the WDT Enclave and now on the Terrain. Both are available at Wal-Mart, Advance and probably most other auto supply stores.

Ultimate Wax Liquid (about $20.00) or NXT Generation® Tech Wax® 2.0 (about $17) at Wal-Mart.

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/category/wax-protect

2011 GMC Terrain 2.4 FWD SLT - 2
Quicksilver with Titainum leather, Navation and WeatherTech floor & cargo liners & ordered 2/2 delivered 3/26
wbassnp007

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 06:34:21 AM »

I used this CCW or Clear Coat Wax. No abrasives in. Pure shine. It's by AllBrite.

jgroenke

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 08:56:44 AM »

When should be the first time you apply a clear coat wax or paint sealer as described above? I remember at one time they said you should hold off on a brand new paint job til things stabilize.. is that still true with today's factory paints?

2012 GMC Terrain SLE-1
Mocha Steel Metallic
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 09:06:22 AM »

People often say that a factory paint is baked so well, that they can be waxed right after delivery.

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
wbassnp007

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 05:19:48 AM »

I agree with that. Factory paint jobs are probably accelerated in the paint room. The dealers offer paint protection packages which are applied to new paint finishes. I don't think they would offer this paint protection if there was any danger. I believe the paint on a new vehicle is fully cured.

Terrain Denali

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 06:19:36 PM »

As a general rule waxes and sealants contain no abrasives and are used to seal the finish and add depth and clarity to the paint. Polishes contain varying amounts of mild abrasives and are generally used on paint that is in need of a thorough cleaning before applying a protective layer of wax.

Then there are a multitude of choices out there. I prefer Meguires products but there are many that work equally as well.

2013 Terrain Denali
V6 with 19" Satin Chrome Wheels
Crystal Red Metallic
Intellilink with Nav
Tow Package
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 08:01:17 AM »

Just put Rejex on my week old Terrain. It is not a wax it is a polymer. Awesome stuff easy to use and long lasting. I have been using it on all my cars for years once every 6 mo. Makes everything slide off of the cars. You can even use it on windows works like Rainex.

2012 Mocha SLE2
  Chrome Enhancements package
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  AVS in channel Window Vents
  Tinted front windows
  Added BTV remote start function
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
wbassnp007

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 05:43:29 PM »

Is any one using a final finish spray for smudges or fingerprints. What  about in between waxings, any suggestions for a quick detail spray? Is anybody claying? If yes, what kind of clay(mild - aggressive) and lube are you using?

paigow

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 01:34:27 AM »

When should be the first time you apply a clear coat wax or paint sealer as described above? I remember at one time they said you should hold off on a brand new paint job til things stabilize.. is that still true with today's factory paints?

you can use a finishing glaze right after a fresh paint job. I should know, i've done professional autobody work for 10 years. The thing you should STAY away from is any kind of solvent that will eat fresh paint. After about 2-3 months depending on your weather a cleaning solvent like lacquer thinner wont eat the paint away so quickly. But use sparingly, im talking about some thinner on a cloth to wipe marks off a cured paint surface not to soak the paint or it will eat it.
as far as your new car concern, don't worry, by the time the car is shipped from the factory and sits on the dealer lot it will be cured.

wbassnp007

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 09:20:02 AM »

As a professional auto body guy, can you recommend any specific products that you have used and are impressed with?

ArizonaNOX

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 09:49:14 AM »

Meguiares Final Inspection 34. I buy it online by the case (4 gallons); lasts forever and leaves vehicle looking showroom new.

2011|2LT|FWD|I-4|Black Granite|Leather|18s|Chrome|Sunroof
wbassnp007

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 10:33:27 AM »

you can use a finishing glaze right after a fresh paint job. I should know, i've done professional autobody work for 10 years. The thing you should STAY away from is any kind of solvent that will eat fresh paint. After about 2-3 months depending on your weather a cleaning solvent like lacquer thinner wont eat the paint away so quickly. But use sparingly, im talking about some thinner on a cloth to wipe marks off a cured paint surface not to soak the paint or it will eat it.
as far as your new car concern, don't worry, by the time the car is shipped from the factory and sits on the dealer lot it will be cured.

What is/are the name of the product(s) that you have used and recommend as the best?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: