EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
September 02, 2014, 04:33:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Memory Seats  (Read 4452 times)
RetiredBuyer

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2011, 10:04:44 PM »

Couple of gripes on the memory seats.........

1) When you have the seat set to move back for "easy exit", it's nice.  But when you unlock the door to get in, the seat moves forward immediately so you have "difficult entry"?   Oh No  My older Ford seat didn't move forward until the key was placed in the ignition, which makes more sense.

2) The key fob returns the seat to the last driver.  But if my wife drives and presses her setting (#2) even if I drive later, lock the car with my fob, upon unlocking it returns to her setting???  This happens for several cycles.   confused

Seems like the memory seats are poorly planned.  Does all GM cars work this way?   Bang Head

2011 Terrain SLT (Gold)
4cyl, AWD

2011 Terrain SLT 2
4 cyl., AWD
Gold Mist
flats

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 06:16:58 AM »

My seats typically move forward once I open the door to get in. But every once in a while, they stay in the 'easy exit' position, and I have to press and hold the memory button to move the seat forward. I have yet to determine any type of pattern. I assume the seat moving forward at entry is the norm for this vehicle.

My gripe is pressing and holding the memory button to move the seats/mirrors. Why can't I just push the button?

2012 Equinox LTZ AWD 2.4L, sunroof
Redhorseridge

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 08:14:54 AM »

You can set the seat so it does not move forward when you open the door; mine is that way.

You have to hold the button to return it to the correct position for "safety" reasons.  Imagine if a really tall person accidentally hit the memory button for a super short person and didn't know how to stop the seat from slamming him/her into the dash and steering wheel? Smiley

2011 Equinox LTZ AWD
flats

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 09:02:22 AM »

I thought the holding down of the memory button might be a safety issue, but I baulked at that idea because the button is in such a remote area it would be impossible to 'accidently' hit. Then again, in my Acura, I have been slammed into the steering wheel on more than one occasion, so I get what you mean.

2012 Equinox LTZ AWD 2.4L, sunroof
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 10:52:10 AM »

I would be happy to look into those concerns with memory seats. Please feel free to contact me privately with the last eight of your VIN for further assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!
Mr. Plow

From the Garlic Capital of the World.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 11:15:36 AM »

But if it's for safety reasons why does the Acadia/Enclave memory seats move completely with one button push?   I guess it's a case of two different design teams each working separately.

2011 Equinox - LTZ, 2.4L, Twilight Blue, Black/Titanium, FWD, XM Contract, OnStar Contract, 18" Wheels, Delivered 4/30/11
2008 Acadia - SLT2, 3.6L, Deep Blue, Titanium, AWD, HID, HUD, Nav, XM Contract, OnStar Contract, Tow, Dual SkyScape, 7 Pax Seating, 19" Tires, May 8th Flash, Delivered 1/12/08
KCorey

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 06:27:07 PM »

On my 2008 Enclave, if you just touched the memory seat button, the seat would move to the proper position. Now, on my 2012 SRX, you have to hold the button for it to go the proper position. I imagine that all GM's will be changing to the 2012 pattern.
dalaird

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 08:28:20 AM »

Is it possible to add the memory function to power seats on our 2012 slt1?
Terrain Denali

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 06:11:46 AM »

On my Corvette the easy entry/exit works like this. Pull key out of ignition and the seat goes fully rearward along with the power telescoping steering wheel.

Unlock the car with the remote and get in (seats stay fully rearward) when you put the key in the ignition the seat and steering wheel move to your preset position.

If you don't unlock the car with the remote you hit the memory button and it returns to the preset. You don't need to hold the button.

I wish the Equinox/Terrain worked this way.

2013 Terrain Denali
V6 with 19" Satin Chrome Wheels
Crystal Red Metallic
Intellilink with Nav
Tow Package
hyperv6
Theta Freak

hyperv6 hyperv6

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 08:26:06 AM »

My seats work fine for me but I do have one gripe. When I go to hit the Memory #2 I too often hit the save button. I wish they had put it on the dash in the cue for the other settings. It is not like you change it often unless you hit the wrong button.
JTNJ

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 12:11:24 PM »

My seats work fine for me but I do have one gripe. When I go to hit the Memory #2 I too often hit the save button. I wish they had put it on the dash in the cue for the other settings. It is not like you change it often unless you hit the wrong button.

hyper6, why are you not using feature that allows the memory seat the link to your FOB either #1 or #2 ?
I have posted this before
2010 Terrain Memory Seats

Purchased 2/21/12 / ordered
Born Super Bowl Monday Feb 6 2012
2012 Terrain SLT-2 Fwd 2.4 Ltr
Mocha / Brownsone
Nav System Cargo Package
Mud Flaps, Huskey Liners Front, back and Cargo
hyperv6
Theta Freak

hyperv6 hyperv6

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 02:57:55 PM »

hyper6, why are you not using feature that allows the memory seat the link to your FOB either #1 or #2 ?
I have posted this before
2010 Terrain Memory Seats

I have it programed but when the wife drives it the most. I just walk into the garage and do not think about hitting the fob till I am trying to fold my legs under the wheel........ Well to make a long story short I just reach for the button. My setting is #2 and I just miss it since I have to squeeze my hand into the slot to press the button. The Ergo is not all that great. It is about as bad as trying to adjust the seat in a SSR. In that you are best to open the door to adjust the seat.
Redhorseridge

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 12:52:16 PM »

I need the seat back to get in/out, so programming with the FOB doesn't work very well for my situation.  I've hit the wrong button many times; putting the memory button elsewhere is a good idea.

2011 Equinox LTZ AWD
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 01:03:50 PM »

I have it programed but when the wife drives it the most. I just walk into the garage and do not think about hitting the fob till I am trying to fold my legs under the wheel........ Well to make a long story short I just reach for the button. My setting is #2 and I just miss it since I have to squeeze my hand into the slot to press the button. The Ergo is not all that great. It is about as bad as trying to adjust the seat in a SSR. In that you are best to open the door to adjust the seat.

I don't think we can fault GM for your "faulty memory".  Personally, I never had memory seats before, and now that I have them, I don't think I could live without them.  Kind of like "crack" !

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
Terrain Denali

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 04:09:06 PM »

I need the seat back to get in/out, so programming with the FOB doesn't work very well for my situation.  I've hit the wrong button many times; putting the memory button elsewhere is a good idea.

Have you tried activating the easy exit feature?

2013 Terrain Denali
V6 with 19" Satin Chrome Wheels
Crystal Red Metallic
Intellilink with Nav
Tow Package
Redhorseridge

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 11:34:25 AM »

Have you tried activating the easy exit feature?

I do use the easy exit feature.  But I can't use the key fob memory along with it or when I open the door, the seat goes back to where I need it *before* I get in.

2011 Equinox LTZ AWD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: