EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
July 31, 2014, 02:38:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TerrainForum, EquinoxForum & SRXForum! We're glad you found us!

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Onstar Remote Link error code 210 & 216  (Read 6424 times)
curtm220

:-p

Ignore
« on: February 07, 2012, 09:45:28 PM »

Just wanted to start a thread to catalog issues with the Onstar Remote Link app, as I know there are a few of us having issues and it might help someone if they are searching for a solution.

My issue started the week we bought the vehicle...remote link would not connect to or update from the vehicle, and would give me an error code 210 or 216 after unsuccessfully trying to connect or update...here's what has followed thus far:

- Called Onstar and they asked me to remove the app from my phone, re-install it, and re-register the phone by requesting a registration code to the email account on file.  This was unsuccessful.  
- Called Onstar the following evening, and they performed a "reset" on the vehicle.  And asked me to delete the app and re-install with a new registration code. This was unsuccessful.
- Called Onstar the following night, and they had me perform all of the above ahile keeping me on the line on my cell phone just in case the vehicle was disconnected (?).  This was unsuccessful.  So they escalated my problem to a senior technician and promised me I would be contacted in 3-5 days.  
- On the 6th day I received a voicemail from the senior tech who explained the following:

My vehicle had been assigned a Texas number, and since I live in Alaska, this out of state number did not have data roaming privileges...so they were going to re-assign an Alaska phone number to my vehicle and this would solve all of my problems.  This would happen in 3-5 days...
- On day 5 the number was changed to an Alaska number.  So I deleted the app, unregistered my phone using the web site, re-installed the app, and re-registered the device.  This was unsuccessful.  
- Tonight I called to speak to tech support, and the tech would not even entertain the thought of speaking with me because the issue has been escalated to a senior technician, who she say's...will be contacting me in 3-5 days!!!  

Long story short...I've owned the vehicle over 3 weeks, and have yet to be able to connect to it through the remote link.  Frustrating since the ONLY reason I looked for a car with a factory remote start was so I could use the remote link.  Since factory installed auto starts have terrible range, I weighed the options of buying a car without it and going with an aftermarket unit.  But dealers always want to point to aftermarket items as causes for problems, so I opted for factory remote start BECAUSE I KNEW I COULD USE THE REMOTE LINK FEATURE.  

Anyway, I requested that the senior tech contact me tomorrow, so I'll update this thread as I find out anything from Onstar...probably in 3-5 days.

2012 GMC Terrain, SLT-2 White/Black
CFRTim

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 07:04:10 AM »

I know there is an update coming down the pipe for Remote Link on Feb 12, I hope this will solve some of the issues many people still have:

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your business; we appreciate the confidence you have placed in us. In our continuing effort to provide exceptional customer service, OnStar®1 will be performing a system upgrade on February 12.

While we are working hard to make the transition as seamless as possible, there will be a brief period of time on February 12 when the OnStar RemoteLink™ mobile app will be unavailable.

Please be assured that during this time OnStar services including emergency, security, navigation and Hands-Free Calling will continue to be provided. As always, OnStar Advisors will be available to provide remote door unlock, remote horn and lights, or contact Roadside Assistance. Simply phone 1.888.4.ONSTAR (1.888.466.7827).

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,
rbarrios
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 01:36:07 PM »

maybe it also corrects the NAV glitch.

Of the 3 times Ive used it--- I send the destination via phone. Says its been sent.
1 time- I got into car- and as soon as the vehicle started- the directions began.

the 2 other times...
get in car- nothing.
We actually got to the destination 80 miles away--- directions never came on.

2010 Traverse.

2013 Equinox  LT1 3.6L V6 FWD -   23,000
2010 Traverse LT1 3.6L V6 FWD -  80,000
2003 Trailblazer LS  4.2L I6 RWD- 173,000
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 09:32:03 AM »

Of the 3 times Ive used it--- I send the destination via phone. Says its been sent.
1 time- I got into car- and as soon as the vehicle started- the directions began.

the 2 other times...
get in car- nothing.

2010 Traverse.

Are you referring to the in-vehicle navigation or through OnStar? Did you ever bring this to the attention of your local dealer? I would be happy to look into this for you with more information. Please feel free to contact me. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!
jayjeremy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 09:25:15 PM »

Just wanted to start a thread to catalog issues with the Onstar Remote Link app, as I know there are a few of us having issues and it might help someone if they are searching for a solution.

My issue started the week we bought the vehicle...remote link would not connect to or update from the vehicle, and would give me an error code 210 or 216 after unsuccessfully trying to connect or update...here's what has followed thus far:

- Called Onstar and they asked me to remove the app from my phone, re-install it, and re-register the phone by requesting a registration code to the email account on file.  This was unsuccessful.  
- Called Onstar the following evening, and they performed a "reset" on the vehicle.  And asked me to delete the app and re-install with a new registration code. This was unsuccessful.
- Called Onstar the following night, and they had me perform all of the above ahile keeping me on the line on my cell phone just in case the vehicle was disconnected (?).  This was unsuccessful.  So they escalated my problem to a senior technician and promised me I would be contacted in 3-5 days.  
- On the 6th day I received a voicemail from the senior tech who explained the following:

My vehicle had been assigned a Texas number, and since I live in Alaska, this out of state number did not have data roaming privileges...so they were going to re-assign an Alaska phone number to my vehicle and this would solve all of my problems.  This would happen in 3-5 days...
- On day 5 the number was changed to an Alaska number.  So I deleted the app, unregistered my phone using the web site, re-installed the app, and re-registered the device.  This was unsuccessful.  
- Tonight I called to speak to tech support, and the tech would not even entertain the thought of speaking with me because the issue has been escalated to a senior technician, who she say's...will be contacting me in 3-5 days!!!  

Long story short...I've owned the vehicle over 3 weeks, and have yet to be able to connect to it through the remote link.  Frustrating since the ONLY reason I looked for a car with a factory remote start was so I could use the remote link.  Since factory installed auto starts have terrible range, I weighed the options of buying a car without it and going with an aftermarket unit.  But dealers always want to point to aftermarket items as causes for problems, so I opted for factory remote start BECAUSE I KNEW I COULD USE THE REMOTE LINK FEATURE.  

Anyway, I requested that the senior tech contact me tomorrow, so I'll update this thread as I find out anything from Onstar...probably in 3-5 days.

I got my car two week ago, and i have a same issue with you, but after 2 week talking with onstar, my problem solved. here is the reason cause the issue. hope it help u.
I have a phone number from Verizon, NJ, then i moved to a place where there is no Verizon 3G signal at all. then i switch to ATT with original phone number. The first onstar welcome call, they provide me a phone number from NJ and belongs to Verizon. As a said, there is no 3G signal at all, so after they determined the reason, they switched my number to a ATT number. Problem solved. took a long time to talk with them and they never call me back, i always call them back after 3 days.
jayjeremy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 09:29:30 PM »

the 2 other times...
get in car- nothing.

2010 Traverse.
I only have a 'send to turn by turn navi' in my phone. I tried i couple times, and my phone told me it has been send. but nothing occur after i enter the car, sad. dont know why hope this upgrade fix it..
JediSkipdogg

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 09:55:05 PM »

I only have a 'send to turn by turn navi' in my phone. I tried i couple times, and my phone told me it has been send. but nothing occur after i enter the car, sad. dont know why hope this upgrade fix it..

When I get in mine I have to download the directions to my car.  I have to push the Onstar button and say "Virtual Advisor."  It will then say there's a directions saved and asked if I want those downloaded, a simple yes and maybe 1-2 minutes and I'm good to go.  Mine has never done it automatically and all the info says I have to do it the way I've been doing it.

Merlot Jewel 2012 GMC Terrain
FWD SLE-2 2.4L
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: