Just wanted to start a thread to catalog issues with the Onstar Remote Link app, as I know there are a few of us having issues and it might help someone if they are searching for a solution.
My issue started the week we bought the vehicle...remote link would not connect to or update from the vehicle, and would give me an error code 210 or 216 after unsuccessfully trying to connect or update...here's what has followed thus far:
- Called Onstar and they asked me to remove the app from my phone, re-install it, and re-register the phone by requesting a registration code to the email account on file. This was unsuccessful.
- Called Onstar the following evening, and they performed a "reset" on the vehicle. And asked me to delete the app and re-install with a new registration code. This was unsuccessful.
- Called Onstar the following night, and they had me perform all of the above ahile keeping me on the line on my cell phone just in case the vehicle was disconnected (?). This was unsuccessful. So they escalated my problem to a senior technician and promised me I would be contacted in 3-5 days.
- On the 6th day I received a voicemail from the senior tech who explained the following:
My vehicle had been assigned a Texas number, and since I live in Alaska, this out of state number did not have data roaming privileges...so they were going to re-assign an Alaska phone number to my vehicle and this would solve all of my problems. This would happen in 3-5 days...
- On day 5 the number was changed to an Alaska number. So I deleted the app, unregistered my phone using the web site, re-installed the app, and re-registered the device. This was unsuccessful.
- Tonight I called to speak to tech support, and the tech would not even entertain the thought of speaking with me because the issue has been escalated to a senior technician, who she say's...will be contacting me in 3-5 days!!!
Long story short...I've owned the vehicle over 3 weeks, and have yet to be able to connect to it through the remote link. Frustrating since the ONLY reason I looked for a car with a factory remote start was so I could use the remote link. Since factory installed auto starts have terrible range, I weighed the options of buying a car without it and going with an aftermarket unit. But dealers always want to point to aftermarket items as causes for problems, so I opted for factory remote start BECAUSE I KNEW I COULD USE THE REMOTE LINK FEATURE.
Anyway, I requested that the senior tech contact me tomorrow, so I'll update this thread as I find out anything from Onstar...probably in 3-5 days.
I got my car two week ago, and i have a same issue with you, but after 2 week talking with onstar, my problem solved. here is the reason cause the issue. hope it help u.
I have a phone number from Verizon, NJ, then i moved to a place where there is no Verizon 3G signal at all. then i switch to ATT with original phone number. The first onstar welcome call, they provide me a phone number from NJ and belongs to Verizon. As a said, there is no 3G signal at all, so after they determined the reason, they switched my number to a ATT number. Problem solved. took a long time to talk with them and they never call me back, i always call them back after 3 days.