EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
November 26, 2014, 11:30:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TerrainForum, EquinoxForum & SRXForum! We're glad you found us!

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bluetooth "not available"  (Read 12508 times)
rlgolden12

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2012, 03:27:08 PM »

I recently bought a 2011 Equinox 1LT and advertised bluetooth capabilities.  When I got home and started figuring it out it appears to be unavailable.  I go to Phone Settings and tells me "not avaiable." I do have a smartphone with bluetooth.  Am I out of luck getting it repaired (I do have full warranty) or is it even repairable? Thanks.
bowtieman
Global Moderator
Theta Freak

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 05:12:30 PM »

Hope this video helps and let us know if your steering wheel is like the one in the video that can tell us alot.

Small | Large

Born 7/2011 Purchased this 2012 1LT I-4 on 9/25/11
Black Granite Metallic, Jet Black Interior
How to Video's on my install of:Chrome Handles, Chrome Roof Rails & Fog lights, Air filters. Located within General How To section
Drive with my hands not my feet !!
bowtieman
Global Moderator
Theta Freak

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 05:14:49 PM »

Says its for a 2010 but same concept for the 2011.
 My guess if you go through the same setup as video and your phone still cannot pair, try another phone or you don't have one try from the place u bought it, i am sure the salesman has a phone u can try.

How to Video's on my install of:Chrome Handles, Chrome Roof Rails & Fog lights, Air filters. Located within General How To section
rlgolden12

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 06:57:42 AM »

That video would be great if I could even get that far.  Bluetooth isn't even an option when i go under the Phone Settings, just says "not available"
bowtieman
Global Moderator
Theta Freak

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 10:22:37 AM »

If it does not give you the option unfortunately may not be installed on your model. I may be wrong.
 Did you buy it from a chevy dealership? Does it still have a warranty on it? You might be able to take it into them just to confirm.
When was your Nox born? It will tell you on the little silver sticker in your door panel. It will be just a month and year. That way you can confirm the models came with bluetooth or not. Tough to say. But it sounds to me that it is not available on your nox.

rlgolden12

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 10:49:25 AM »

From my surfing the internet on this issue, im thinking my car must have been a rental or fleet vehicle.  In that case the car wasnt ever equipped with bluetooth/onstar...etc to save money -___- its a shame, really.  I do have warranty on it still so i might take it in and confirmed.  Until i do that, would installing the after market onstar enable my bluetooth? Ive read getting that will "revive" the bluetooth and you dont need a subscription to it?

Im just kinda erked by this situation because my nox was advertised with bluetooth. but then again its my responsibility to check that out before i purchase :/
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 10:51:54 AM »

I would be happy to check on this for you as well with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!
Terra-Nox

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 10:53:05 AM »

Im just kinda erked by this situation because my nox was advertised with bluetooth. but then again its my responsibility to check that out before i purchase :/

Advertised by the dealer for this particular vehicle, or generic Nox ad?

2011 AWD V6  Terrain  Merlot/Titanium SLT2
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 11:18:45 AM »

From my surfing the internet on this issue, im thinking my car must have been a rental or fleet vehicle.  In that case the car wasnt ever equipped with bluetooth/onstar...etc to save money -___- its a shame, really.  I do have warranty on it still so i might take it in and confirmed.  Until i do that, would installing the after market onstar enable my bluetooth? Ive read getting that will "revive" the bluetooth and you dont need a subscription to it?

https://www.onstar.com/web/fmv/home

It has Bluetooth but I believe it is only through the mirror speakeror you could do what my wife did and get a back up camera too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180773873579

It plays Bluetooth through the car speakers has A2DP and FM trans mitter to the radio. Back up camera turns on when back up lights go on. It is a cool mirror the only down side is it needs recharged but I am sure a hardwired solution could be done.

2012 Mocha SLE2
  Chrome Enhancements package
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  AVS in channel Window Vents
  Tinted front windows
  Added BTV remote start function
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
rlgolden12

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 11:32:21 AM »

Advertised by the dealer for this particular vehicle, or generic Nox ad?
Advertised for my vehicle by the dealer....
Terra-Nox

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 11:34:34 AM »

I would think they would at least assist in making it right (depending on what you find out). If it was a rental it may have just been an oopsie by dealer

2011 AWD V6  Terrain  Merlot/Titanium SLT2
Sumr616

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 06:56:07 PM »

Advertised for my vehicle by the dealer....

If you have something in writing, like a print-out for YOUR vehicle, that shows the VIN or something, and includes Bluetooth on that list, then you could definitely have something to get super mad about. If it's just word-of-mouth from your dealer, then it just depends on your dealer - I seem to remember someone else posting about something similar to this, and their dealer "told" them it had bluetooth but it actually didn't, and they were out of luck on the whole thing, pretty sad.

2011 I4 Equinox LS bought 3/31/11 : after multiple failed repairs for stalling/start-up noise issues, pursued a GM-assisted replacement. GM agreed, and paid several thousand dollars to get me into my current vehicle...

2012 I4 Equinox LS bought 02/28/12
rlgolden12

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 07:41:40 AM »

If you have something in writing, like a print-out for YOUR vehicle, that shows the VIN or something, and includes Bluetooth on that list, then you could definitely have something to get super mad about. If it's just word-of-mouth from your dealer, then it just depends on your dealer - I seem to remember someone else posting about something similar to this, and their dealer "told" them it had bluetooth but it actually didn't, and they were out of luck on the whole thing, pretty sad.

Yeah I have the papers from the window advertising bluetooth but honestly what can they do for me?  On that same paper, in very small print, says that it is my responsibility to check that the list of options is correct before purchasing.  I purchased and THEN checked the list of options.....this is my first car I bought...live and learn i guess...
bowtieman
Global Moderator
Theta Freak

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 08:48:11 AM »

Yeah I have the papers from the window advertising bluetooth but honestly what can they do for me?  On that same paper, in very small print, says that it is my responsibility to check that the list of options is correct before purchasing.  I purchased and THEN checked the list of options.....this is my first car I bought...live and learn i guess...

Well if they want to be mean or punk's about the whole thing and say "sorry paper says not are responsibility to check items".
Then you could try to let them know that you are upset about the whole thing and are not satisfied. You really wanted it to have bluetooth and noticed the paper said that it did, but turns out it does not.
If you let dealership know that your not satisfied and you had planned on buying future vehicles with them or recommend others to buy from them, their ears might go up and radar on. Just talk to the sales manager and let them know how can they make this right, let them answer, if they say "sorry nothing we can do". Geeez ask for a few free oil changes or something to make you satisfied or whatever that will make you happy, just ask, worst they can say is no.  If they don't want to do anything, I would let them know your true feelings  :angryfire:lol  Repeat customers and word of mouth are huge now for business's especially in this economy. Just my 2cents, I may be out of line here lol  Bang Head

NODES

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 02:34:32 PM »

I thought Bluetooth was standard on all Terrain/NOX
wkeatonjr

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 03:02:20 PM »

I thought Bluetooth was standard on all Terrain/NOX

Fleet/rental cars often do not have Onstar/Bluetooth to save cost.

--
2014 GMC Terrain SLE-2, I4,FWD, Onyx Black, Convience Package, Chrome Package, Cargo Package
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 08:16:40 PM »

Fleet/rental cars often do not have Onstar/Bluetooth to save cost.
Absolutely correct I bought an 08 HHR that was a rental and had the "Onstar delete" option as I am sure The OP did he should have seen the lack of an onstart button on the mirror it isn't rocket science and all used car ads have the disclaimer that it is up to the buyer to verify the options installed. I have already given him 2 solutions to fix his mistake personally I would forget it and move on Mope

2012 Mocha SLE2
  Chrome Enhancements package
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  AVS in channel Window Vents
  Tinted front windows
  Added BTV remote start function
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
Sumr616

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 09:37:56 PM »

I agree that you should ask the dealer about it. In the very least, get a few free oil changes or something.

2011 I4 Equinox LS bought 3/31/11 : after multiple failed repairs for stalling/start-up noise issues, pursued a GM-assisted replacement. GM agreed, and paid several thousand dollars to get me into my current vehicle...

2012 I4 Equinox LS bought 02/28/12
Iliketerrain

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 07:44:27 AM »

At least for '12, all trims have Bluetooth; it was probably same for '11. However, for 1LS and 1LT,
if you deleted Onstar (RPO UE0) then the Bluetooth was also deleted. I would check the RPO code,
usually found in the glove box, to see if the Onstar was deleted. The dealer should have known that.
NODES

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 08:55:11 PM »

Absolutely correct I bought an 08 HHR that was a rental and had the "Onstar delete" option as I am sure The OP did he should have seen the lack of an onstart button on the mirror it isn't rocket science and all used car ads have the disclaimer that it is up to the buyer to verify the options installed. I have already given him 2 solutions to fix his mistake personally I would forget it and move on Mope

Not all though, my came from a fleet and has B/T and Onstar, it is the SLE2 model though...
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: