EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
December 17, 2014, 04:04:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to remove/install door panel 2010-2012 Chevy Equinox Video  (Read 13636 times)
bowtieman
Global Moderator
Theta Freak

« on: March 12, 2012, 06:08:37 AM »

Here is a how to video I made since I could not find any on the web, plus seemed like a lot of people wanted to know how this was done. I am sure this will also work for the GMC Terrains since they are very similar. Hopefully this helps some of you
and can maybe use it for future references.
More of my how to videos to come, including
Adding chrome door handles, fog lights & chrome roof racks. Maybe some other
helpful videos as well! I am still new at making youtube videos so bare with my nerdy voice and camera movements lol I will be a pro soon. Here is a pic of a few items you will need and I also described them in the video!

Small | Large

Born 7/2011 Purchased this 2012 1LT I-4 on 9/25/11
Black Granite Metallic, Jet Black Interior
How to Video's on my install of:Chrome Handles, Chrome Roof Rails & Fog lights, Air filters. Located within General How To section
Drive with my hands not my feet !!
BGM10

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 11:58:48 AM »

thumbs up Thank you for the effort!! there will be many who will be grateful that you did this, myself included. Keep up the good work.
bowtieman
Global Moderator
Theta Freak

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 12:10:57 PM »

Thank you!! I hope this will help others since I understand sometimes its frustrating not knowing how to do something. When we live in a information era and the info should be out there for everyone to access it. If I cant find it, heck i will  just create it if I am able to lol!

How to Video's on my install of:Chrome Handles, Chrome Roof Rails & Fog lights, Air filters. Located within General How To section
rsuwanski

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 07:44:35 AM »

This is great info, but have you attempted the rear door panels as well??

I am going to be replacing the stock speakers and want to make sure i have all the bases covered.

Thanks

2012 Equinox 1LT delivered 4 cyl, FWD 2-16-12
Drivers Convenience Package
Greystone Metalltic
bowtieman
Global Moderator
Theta Freak

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 08:51:47 AM »

The rear door panel is the same concept accept the position of the door panel clips.  The harness is not as large as the front since there is just the window switch and rear speaker wires. You would first want to remove the 2 bolts, one behind the door handle under the cover similar to the front and the other behind lower grab handle also similar to the front. Here is a pic of the rear door panel diagram hope it helps.  One of these days i will do a video for the rear panels.

rsuwanski

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 09:07:18 AM »

EXCELLENT!!! I love diagrams so you don't go in blindly and crack anything!!

Thank you so much!!

2012 Equinox 1LT delivered 4 cyl, FWD 2-16-12
Drivers Convenience Package
Greystone Metalltic
Iliedead

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 03:32:37 PM »

er.. could you re-explain where the second bolt is on the back panel.. i was working on chrome handles and dropped a tool in the door... =\ so upset ... hah..ugh...

I found the one behind the handle but dont know where another is..
bowtieman
Global Moderator
Theta Freak

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 05:56:38 PM »

Not sure what bolt your talking about. Sorry you drooped something  no fun eeek.  All bolts that need to be removed are shown in video.

Iliedead

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 06:43:38 PM »

Ah, I see part 13 now.. but not sure how to get it because that whole grab handle seems stuck pretty good.. I'm afraid to break something.

The rear door panel is the same concept accept the position of the door panel clips.  The harness is not as large as the front since there is just the window switch and rear speaker wires. You would first want to remove the 2 bolts, one behind the door handle under the cover similar to the front and the other behind lower grab handle also similar to the front. Here is a pic of the rear door panel diagram hope it helps.  One of these days i will do a video for the rear panels.

bowtieman
Global Moderator
Theta Freak

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 12:20:01 AM »

Ah, I see part 13 now.. but not sure how to get it because that whole grab handle seems stuck pretty good.. I'm afraid to break something.

Edit:
After looking at mine, there is no little cover for the bolt. The entire grab handle is one piece and the window control all together in one piece. Not sure if once you remove this little panel with window switch if it would expose the bolt. But then again not sure if the bolt is holding anything to the panel door.
Here is a pic.  I will have to remove it myself to find out the real deal on this or ask someone here that has swap out there back speakers themselves.

One of these days I will make a video on removing the rear panel.

If you lost a bit, my suggestion is to tape it to the screwdriver just in case it doesn't fall again.

Iliedead

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 06:03:20 AM »

Ok, yea thanks bowtieman... I saw you taped it in the video.. But I decided to be manly and lose it instead hah
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: