EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
August 30, 2014, 05:10:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Download our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! more info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stabilitrak Error Message  (Read 31875 times)
vbgunltd

Ignore
« on: March 12, 2012, 03:26:50 PM »

This morning after starting my 2010 Terrain I noticed it was idling very rough.
Then the check engine light came on and there was a display that send "Service Stabilitrak"
I backed out of the garage and put the car in park.
I turned off the stabilitrak but the message and rough idle continued.
I then shutoff the engine and then restarted it.
I turned the stabilitrak back on and everything was fine.
I've driven it several times today w/o any further issues.
I have a 2010, 4 cyl. with 8850 miles.
Anyone have any insight?
 Help
Thanks

Follow-up.
My son brought over his code reader on 03/18/12 and guess what?
There was no diagnostic code stored.
Guess it was just a strange anomaly.
 Roll Eyes
bwequinox

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 05:57:10 PM »

I have 2011 and mine just did the exact same thing last Monday. Took it to the dealer and they said they could not find any codes.

2011 Equinox LTZ FWD 3.0 v6
GrenierChevyTerrebonne

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 04:18:15 AM »

The error message that appears is a normal condition due to a ''Check Engine'' light on. When the check engine light appears, vehicle shut the ABS and Stabilitrak off, its a normal protective condition to ensure not to damage any further systems while check engine is ''on''. Notice that you're remote starter (if factory equipped ) won't work as long as check engine is not fixed.

Grenier Chevrolet Buick GMC, Terrebonne, Quebec.
Terra-Nox

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 04:41:47 AM »

I have a vague recollection of seeing this posted somewhere quite a while ago. If memory serves it was on a 2010 4cyl  and may have been an issue with High Pressure Fuel Pump. Might have been a TSB for it also/

2011 AWD V6  Terrain  Merlot/Titanium SLT2
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 06:17:04 AM »

I have a vague recollection of seeing this posted somewhere quite a while ago. If memory serves it was on a 2010 4cyl  and may have been an issue with High Pressure Fuel Pump. Might have been a TSB for it also/

I was thinking of a steering sensor problem that didn't allow the computer to know which direction you were trying to steer.  But, my memory is foggy !

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
Terra-Nox

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 09:36:27 AM »

http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?topic=4035.msg56584;topicseen#new

2011 AWD V6  Terrain  Merlot/Titanium SLT2
jfindlay

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 09:37:22 AM »

I just posted this information in the other thread, but I had the same symptoms. Rough idle, stabilitrak & engine warning lights on. Took it in to dealer (2011 Terrain SLT with 60K km) and they found fuel in the oil. Seems OK now, but I'm wondering what effects a crankcase full of fuel/oil mixture will have.
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 02:53:46 PM »

Very sorry to hear you were experiencing this, jfindlay.  I'm glad your dealership's resolution is currently working for you, and I'm sure knowledgeable forum regulars will be chiming in with feedback (on this thread and the other!).  Please feel free to private message me anytime and I can investigate any concerns on your behalf.

Best,

Katie, GM Customer Service
(Filling in for Tricia while she is away for a short time)

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!
NODES

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 04:51:50 PM »

The error message that appears is a normal condition due to a ''Check Engine'' light on. When the check engine light appears, vehicle shut the ABS and Stabilitrak off, its a normal protective condition to ensure not to damage any further systems while check engine is ''on''. Notice that you're remote starter (if factory equipped ) won't work as long as check engine is not fixed.

Grenier Chevrolet Buick GMC, Terrebonne, Quebec.

The car goes into limp/safe mode. Gives you enough power to get to safety but not prolonged use.
Texas_Trader

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 07:27:54 PM »

I have less than 4000 miles on a 2012 and same issue -- stabilitrak service light comes on after about 45 minutes of driving. Twice to the dealer, first time they said they had to do a "relearn" on the computer, second time they said they missed the second module and had to do a "relearn" on it -- before I got home I got the service message again. They are now getting together a loaner and will take the car in and keep it until they fix it -- that will be the third attempt. Reading these posts on this forum I am not happy in the least. I am not sure I even want this car anymore and certainly would not have purchased it if I had any idea I would be back at the dealer so soon. If I can get the lemon law to apply, this car is out of my life. Other than that minor detail, I like the car but I will not tolerate repetitive service issues. I always drove Nissans before and NEVER had to do anything but regular wear and tear maintenance. Back to Nissan either now or later....very unhappy at this end especially when I read about others with this error and worse symptoms.
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 11:03:28 AM »

I have less than 4000 miles on a 2012 and same issue -- stabilitrak service light comes on after about 45 minutes of driving. Twice to the dealer, first time they said they had to do a "relearn" on the computer, second time they said they missed the second module and had to do a "relearn" on it -- before I got home I got the service message again. They are now getting together a loaner and will take the car in and keep it until they fix it -- that will be the third attempt. Reading these posts on this forum I am not happy in the least. I am not sure I even want this car anymore and certainly would not have purchased it if I had any idea I would be back at the dealer so soon. If I can get the lemon law to apply, this car is out of my life. Other than that minor detail, I like the car but I will not tolerate repetitive service issues. I always drove Nissans before and NEVER had to do anything but regular wear and tear maintenance. Back to Nissan either now or later....very unhappy at this end especially when I read about others with this error and worse symptoms.

I am sorry to hear about your frustration. Please feel free to contact me with more information and I will be able to look into this further. Did you ever contact customer assistance? Send me a private message with the last eight of your VIN and your dealer name for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!
gwolanin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 04:11:26 PM »

Ughhh..  My 2012 3.0 V6 SLT Terrain just did this to me about an hour ago.  I have < 5,000 miles on it and was driving along at about 25-30 mph in traffic when I heard a clunk and RPMs went to 3k and wouldn't let me go faster than 25mph..  It wouldn't shift either.

I finally got it to shift by letting off the gas then tapping it so I could at least get up to 45mph and not be a nuisance to traffic behind me.  Called the dealer and they told me to bring it in.  When I got there they had another Terrain all ready for me to drive out (which was incredibly nice).

I really hope I don't have the problems that some of you have had.  We will see.

Prior to this happening, and since receiving the vehicle in October 2012, I have noticed rough idle, rough shift from 2nd-3rd, and just some strange things when slowing down to take a turn then pressing the gas [vehicle seemed to hesitate].  I guess one thing at a time with the dealership.  I am wondering if it has anything to do with the E-85 that I put in it from Kroger these last two fill-ups...

Wish me luck.  :-/
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 06:08:32 PM »

Ughhh..  My 2012 3.0 V6 SLT Terrain just did this to me about an hour ago.  I have < 5,000 miles on it and was driving along at about 25-30 mph in traffic when I heard a clunk and RPMs went to 3k and wouldn't let me go faster than 25mph..  It wouldn't shift either.

I finally got it to shift by letting off the gas then tapping it so I could at least get up to 45mph and not be a nuisance to traffic behind me.  Called the dealer and they told me to bring it in.  When I got there they had another Terrain all ready for me to drive out (which was incredibly nice).

I really hope I don't have the problems that some of you have had.  We will see.

Prior to this happening, and since receiving the vehicle in October 2012, I have noticed rough idle, rough shift from 2nd-3rd, and just some strange things when slowing down to take a turn then pressing the gas [vehicle seemed to hesitate].  I guess one thing at a time with the dealership.  I am wondering if it has anything to do with the E-85 that I put in it from Kroger these last two fill-ups...

Wish me luck.  :-/

Hi there,

Please keep us updated on the status of your vehicle. Hoping the dealer can get this resolved for you!

Amber N.
GM Customer Care

Iliketerrain

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 07:06:44 PM »

Do you have a yellow filler cap? If not, don't put E-85 in the vehicle. It will
do nasty things.
gwolanin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 07:39:09 AM »

Hi there,

Please keep us updated on the status of your vehicle. Hoping the dealer can get this resolved for you!

Amber N.
GM Customer Care

Amber -- Thanks for the request!

The dealership called me this morning, they were able to recover a code from the vehicle but the data that triggered that code was not saved. 

I received a call Friday afternoon stating that they were not able to re-create the problem and that the vehicle was running perfectly fine.  Shifting wasn't a problem and operation was normal.  I am concerned that the freeze-frame data or cause for the code was not saved, could this be a software glitch?  This is not what I expected to hear...

I should have more info when I get the actual results when I get my vehicle in an hr.

----EDIT----

Update.  Received service invoice

miles in 5043

Found Code P228C ran diag could not duplicate problem fuel PSI at spec raises to spec test drove on highway did not duplicate condition found no bull on condition test drive numerous time, could not duplicate concern.  miles out 5067
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 12:41:12 PM »

Amber -- Thanks for the request!

The dealership called me this morning, they were able to recover a code from the vehicle but the data that triggered that code was not saved. 

I received a call Friday afternoon stating that they were not able to re-create the problem and that the vehicle was running perfectly fine.  Shifting wasn't a problem and operation was normal.  I am concerned that the freeze-frame data or cause for the code was not saved, could this be a software glitch?  This is not what I expected to hear...

I should have more info when I get the actual results when I get my vehicle in an hr.

----EDIT----

Update.  Received service invoice

miles in 5043

Found Code P228C ran diag could not duplicate problem fuel PSI at spec raises to spec test drove on highway did not duplicate condition found no bull on condition test drive numerous time, could not duplicate concern.  miles out 5067

Thanks for getting back to me. I can not tell you whether or not it is a software glitch. The dealer is the best source for determining what is wrong with your vehicle. Please continue to work with them, and if you have any further concerns feel free to reach back out to us. If you private message me your full name, VIN, and address I can document your vehicle issue on file for future reference.

Amber N.
GM Customer Care 

kandor

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 03:33:00 PM »

I was just about to start a new topic on this when I saw this one. I have a '10 Equinox, LT with 37,000. AWD, V6. During my morning commute the same thing happened to me: check engine light came on, Service Stabilitrak message came on the DIC, and it began idling roughly. I made it to work fine and have not had this problem again.

So is this a software glitch or a sign of impending failure?

2010 Equinox V6 AWD LT2, Navy Blue Metallic
Del Date Nov '09
axelfolee

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 06:13:51 PM »

My folks have a 2010 SRX and I had to move it out of their driveway while they were vacation and this same exact issue happened to me.  I started it and it had a rough idle, service stabilitrak message and check engine light came on simultaneously.  I drove it around for a few minutes and both stayed on for the entire duration.  I started it again the next day and everything was fine.  I got it to happen one more time a few days later but only briefly.  I told them about it when they got back and they haven't had this issue at all since driving it (been a couple weeks now).
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 03:47:56 PM »

I was just about to start a new topic on this when I saw this one. I have a '10 Equinox, LT with 37,000. AWD, V6. During my morning commute the same thing happened to me: check engine light came on, Service Stabilitrak message came on the DIC, and it began idling roughly. I made it to work fine and have not had this problem again.

So is this a software glitch or a sign of impending failure?

kandor and axelfolee,

I would like to look into this concern you are having.  I can not state why this has happened and would need a diagnosis from the dealership. If you would like further assistance feel free to private message me.

Erica Tiffany
GMC Customer Service

allterrain

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 02:58:21 PM »

I have been sitting on the side of the road for almost an hour because my 2010 Terrain had the check engine light come on. Then service stabilitrak and engine power reduced just before it died. This is 6 months after the fuel pump died and leaked fuel into the oil. That was only a few months after the water pump went. Oh yeah I'm not even past 45k yet. To date this has been the worst vehicle purchase I've made. I should have stayed with my Colorado at 105k.

I will update when I have more.

2010 GMC Terrain
Merlot Jewel Metallic
AWD - 4CYL
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: