EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
September 17, 2014, 02:34:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 V6 Equinox myLink issue with iPhone 4 (with Update #3)  (Read 9865 times)
Markus818

2012 V6 NOX LTZ

Ignore
« on: May 29, 2012, 02:14:01 PM »

Just picked up vehicle last Friday, vehicle built 2 weeks ago.  Color touch screen, no nav.

1st issue- when connecting iPhone 4 with USB, gracenote indexes, creates song list (all songs are from iTunes).  Plays first song (alphabetically), song starts playing, no audio heard thru speakers.  Have to unplug, replug in iPhone 4 with USB.  Gracenote then re-indexes, plays first song, audio can be heard.

2nd issue- Car just built 2 weeks ago, should have latest software.  Registered with myconnectedradio dot com, downloaded software update to my desktop computer, zip file only had .rtf file (Rich Text File word document).  Put on blank USB stick, installed into Equinox, no files found.

3rd issue- Just happened today, iPhone 4 plugged in to USB, cannot access iPod nor bluetooth streaming or Pandora, stays on XM.

Anyone else seeing these issues, fix??  Current iPhone 4 software up-to-date (5.1.1)
Markus818

2012 V6 NOX LTZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 03:01:16 PM »

Taking Nox in on Monday for Mylink issue, 99% certain it will be a software issue, and probably no fix yet.

Customer service has contacted me, said a Mylink software update is coming thumbs up, no date as to when thumbdown.

On myconnectedradio dot com, there is no software update as of today to upload into USB in Nox.

Will update on Monday what service says.

Customer service case number will stay open until connectivity issue is fixed.
hyperv6
Theta Freak

hyperv6 hyperv6

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 04:12:50 PM »

My I phone 3 worked right from the start with no issues. I am going to get the coming new I phone this fall and I hope they have the firmware ready for then it comes out.
~Princess Green Birds~

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 10:57:20 PM »

When you turn on your radio does the screen shot say CHEVY or CHEVY MYLINK? Do you see icons for PANDORA and STITCHER?

If it only says CHEVY and there are no icons for PANDORA or STITCHER, you do not have MYLINK and there is no fix except to get the dealer to replace your vehicle with one that has MYLINK.

Huge problem. It appears that the dealers don't know the difference between ONSTAR REMOTE LINK! COLORTOUCH and COLORTOUCH WITH MYLINK.

They are confusing MYLINK with ONSTAR REMOTE LINK!

If you thought your 2012 Equinox had MYLINK, call your dealer and GM and tell them you were mislead, duped, cheated, what ever works for you.

Go to the CHEVROLET WEBSITE, search MYLINK and try to register your radio. If it you are able to register your radio you have MYLINK.

If not, you need a car that has MYLINK. There is no update or download to fix this problem.

You need a new car!

If you have NAVIGATION on the 2012 there is no option for MYLINK.

You have to wait for 2013 when MYLINK will be optional on NAVIGATION.

Markus818

2012 V6 NOX LTZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 05:05:26 AM »

-Princess Green Birds

Thanks for the input.

From my first post.  NOX was built 2 weeks ago, have myLink, already registered on myconnectedradio dot com, no nav.

Pandora, Sticher, iPhone playlist are functional, but most of the time they dont work (connectivity).

And,  Cheesy , I dont need a new car, everything is perfect except for this connectivity issue.

...I attached some pictures, one showing current myLink software version that has issues, 22924955 Version 0C.07.36
~Princess Green Birds~

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 02:16:18 PM »

Far out Marcus818! Happy to hear that you actually have MYLINK because some folks out there who purchased 2012's thought they were getting it but did not. GM bought back my sisters 2012 Nox because the dealer told her she had MYLINK when she actually had COLORTOUCH. Not cool but it prompted me to do more research that I normally would have. I was planning to trade in my 2010 but I'm going to wait for the 2013 release so I can get the MYLINK with NAV.

Please update regarding your issue.
Markus818

2012 V6 NOX LTZ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 02:31:51 PM »

Took NOX in to Chevy Dealership service.  Showed the service tech who new most about the myLink software issues i was having.

Said this is one of first reports of myLink software issue.  Wrote down my software version of myLink (22924955 Version 0C.07.36) and software version of iPhone 4 (5.1.1).

Service tech said he will make some phone calls, inquiries, and get back with me.  

GM customer service also called me 10 minutes after dealership visit, said they will contact my dealership service i was just at, confirm issue and repair order.  Also, they will be getting a Service District rep involved.

I told them if District rep needs to see my vehicle, happy to assist.

So, more to come.  No fix yet. Sad  Advice to all who are having this issue- take your vehicle to your dealership, get a RO (repair order) issued and ask to get contacted when fix is known.
Rjquigley

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 03:34:48 PM »

I have a '12 Terrain with NAV built in Feb '12 so I do not have a Mylink radio. I do have issues with my iphone 4 connecting via bluetooth now though. When I first purchased the car I was on iOS 5.0 and had no issues at all. I loved the bluetooth connectivity. I recently upgraded to iOS 5.1.1 and now I am getting the issue where the bluetooth connection goes in and out and I am unable to ever make a phone call. Hopefully either an update from apple or GM will resolve this.

I'm planning on trying my lady's iPhone 4S with 5.1.1 later to see if it is an issue solely for the iPhone 4 or if it is a problem for all iphones running 5.1.1.
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 07:05:02 AM »

I have a '12 Terrain with NAV built in Feb '12 so I do not have a Mylink radio. I do have issues with my iphone 4 connecting via bluetooth now though. When I first purchased the car I was on iOS 5.0 and had no issues at all. I loved the bluetooth connectivity. I recently upgraded to iOS 5.1.1 and now I am getting the issue where the bluetooth connection goes in and out and I am unable to ever make a phone call. Hopefully either an update from apple or GM will resolve this.

I'm planning on trying my lady's iPhone 4S with 5.1.1 later to see if it is an issue solely for the iPhone 4 or if it is a problem for all iphones running 5.1.1.

Has your concern been resolved? I would like to set up a case for you regarding your concern. Please contact me privately with your name, address, phone number, email, last eight of your VIN, current mileage, and dealer name. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!
Markus818

2012 V6 NOX LTZ

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 02:06:09 PM »

GM Technical service contacted me, said they were able to duplicate my main issues of having to unplug/replug iphone 4 when no audio heard thru speakers when playlist recognized, starts playing music.

They can also duplicate the issues of switching between the iPod and Pandora apps on color touchscreen, mylink software stays on pandora and and cannot access iPod playlist  (switching between applications on mylink

screen).  They did say a software update is coming, not 100% sure if update will address these connectivity and switching between application issues, it is a wait-and-see.

My GM dealership mechanic (tech) called me, confirmed that GM is working on software update, will call me if he hears anything.

So, issue still not resolved, but like the phone calls from my GM Dealership mechanic, GM customer service, and GM Technical service. thumbs up
Markus818

2012 V6 NOX LTZ

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 04:09:50 PM »

...No update as to a MYlink software update.  Website has no software to upload to Nox.  Tried to contact GM Tech Service, left a message, no reply.
Will still keep updating.
FeelTheThunder

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 05:27:37 AM »

I will have to try my iphone like you did, I have the same configuration. I am still waiting for an answer on a similar update issue. I have the rtf file on a usb stick but the car will not recognize the stick.
see here http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=4651.0
Can your car read the USB stick? I have a verbatim 64 gig that my 2 year old LG tv can read but my nox cannot.

2012 Equinox 2LT AWD 3.0L Mocha Steel
Sunroof, Brownstone Leather, Power Liftgate
Chevy Mylink, 18" Machined Aluminium

Other Rides:
2011 Silverado 4x4 CC LTZ 6.2L
2011 Silverado 4x4 SC LS 4.8L
2010 Silverado 4x4 RC LT 4.8L
1LT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 01:15:04 PM »

Hello,

Just bought my 2012 Nox last week, and have noticed this issue with Mylink.
Basically the same issue as the OP has, plug my iphone 4s in and it starts to play for a bit, then looses sound. Have to unplug, then plug back in. I noticed when the sound disappears, a little signal strength icon pops up for a second, then goes away.
One other thing I've noticed is when indexing from one song to the next, or even when a song ends and another begins on an album, there is a 'static like' popping sound that occurs between songs.

Couple of minor annoyances that I have, that will hopefully be fixed with an update.
Other than that, really loving the Equinox!

2012 Equinox 1LT I4 born 6/12
1LT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 07:12:07 PM »

Well, it sometimes helps to read the manual. I think I've figured out my issues, although it would be nice for GM to work on this for an update if possible.

In the Mylink manual that came with the car, under pandora and stitcher toubleshooting, there is a section that talks about loosing audio. It lists a few possible conditions that can cause loss of audio, and it states that if using an iPhone or ipod and you have bluetooth connected and the device plugged into usb, as being one of the reasons for loss. It says to unplug, then plug back in to correct.

I turned my bluetooth off and have not had any troubles since. Like I said, it would be cool if GM worked out a way to get everything fully integrated, but for now I dont see it as a big problem for me.

With bluetooth turned on, I would also loose ipod audio if I switched sources and then back to ipod.
Hope this helps some people.

LLWS

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 04:39:04 AM »

Purchased a 2013 Nox 2LT w/MyLink a couple days ago and have the exact same problem.  The Bluetooth solution appears to work, for now...

I suspect GM has some software coding to write.
1LT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 02:43:52 PM »

Purchased a 2013 Nox 2LT w/MyLink a couple days ago and have the exact same problem.  The Bluetooth solution appears to work, for now...

I suspect GM has some software coding to write.

Yeah, I hope they can do something but we will see. What worries me is that its in the manual about the bluetooth and dock connector together, causing audio trouble. Sounds like they are pretty much just accepting that?

Craiguar

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 07:04:27 AM »

Hey Folks,

Sorry for bringing up a thread that's a year old, however I have just encountered this same issue with the MyLink system and my iPhone.  I am wondering if you were able to get this resolved?  I am running the older OS 5.1 on my iPhone 3GS (yes, I know I should update both the OS and the phone, that's a whole other topic) so I am really hoping that a later version of the OS fixed this issue - I've searched and haven't found any complaints about it here or on the Apple forum since mid-2012, and I'd think this would be something that would get people complaining.

I have the same symptoms - if I plug my iphone in using the cable, the radio will play through the cable.  If I use the source button on the steering wheel or the radio control to go through the sources, when it lands on bluetooth audio (even if I'm quickly going through the sources) it seems to activate the bluetooth streaming on the phone, which switches the audio output to bluetooth and not the dock connector.  If I switch back to the iPod source, the radio shows the song playing, no audio is heard - I have to go to the phone and swich the output from bluetooth back to the dock connector for the sound to come out through the speakers.  Obviously, this isn't ideal when I'm driving, as i don't want to be fiddling with the phone.  If I use the voice command to switch sources, and I don't use the bluetooth audio source, the issue doesn't occur.  Turning bluetooth off on the phone isn't a workaround for me, as I need bluetooth for phone calls (but I did verify the issue does not occur when bluetooth is disabled on the phone).

So is this still an issue with newer iPhone OS's or is it fixed, and should this be the catalyst for me to hit the "upgrade now" button? Smiley

Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: