EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
April 16, 2014, 03:51:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Download our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! more info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2015 Equinox  (Read 20429 times)
Nutz1

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 04:19:13 PM »

Hasn't Chrysler sold a Diesel Jeep Liberty on and off recently?  I've seen one or two on the road.  I guess it bombed coz I haven't heard a thing about it.

2011 Nox 1LT 2.4L FWD / Mocha Steel / Jet Black / premium sound / driver conv. package.
DIY Mods: OEM foglights, 2" hitch, roofrack, dynamat in front doors, OEM splash guards, OEM footwell lamps
hyperv6
Theta Freak

hyperv6 hyperv6

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 06:11:57 PM »

There is no question the Diesel will be a hard sell at first. The Fuel cost more even with better MPG it is a factor. The cost of the enigine is  more and a factor. Finally to be honest people in America look as diesels as those engines that are dirty that odd people in VW's and Benz buy.

Too many also remember unfaily the Olds Diesels of GM and how much of a mess that was. Large truck guys understand and know what a modern Turbo Diesel is all about but they are the few who do.

GM will start slow and let the product show what it can do and expand from there so the risk is not as great if the public does not take to it.
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 07:07:36 PM »

There is no question the Diesel will be a hard sell at first. The Fuel cost more even with better MPG it is a factor. The cost of the enigine is  more and a factor. Finally to be honest people in America look as diesels as those engines that are dirty that odd people in VW's and Benz buy.

Too many also remember unfaily the Olds Diesels of GM and how much of a mess that was. Large truck guys understand and know what a modern Turbo Diesel is all about but they are the few who do.

GM will start slow and let the product show what it can do and expand from there so the risk is not as great if the public does not take to it.

Young people will buy it - the same that buy Jettas.  They don't remember the disaster Olds Diesel !

I'd like to see the Cruse Diesel wagon offered in the USA - but USA has an aversion to "station wagons".  I'd love one !  Guess I'm too practical.

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
roho

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 07:36:14 AM »

Y
Americans are not known to like or understand the modern diesels.

You've said this twice now.  How would Americans like or understand the modern diesel if there are none here for sale that I know of except maybe VW. 

Until one is put in a mainstream seller here I can only recall the old smoky, smelly and loud diesels of the past. 
roho

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 07:45:58 AM »

Just read that Chevrolet will sell it's new crossover the TRAX which shares the platform with the Buick Encore early next year.  It won't be available in the US, only Canada and Mexico so as not to compete with the Equinox.  I wonder how this new TRAX will compare to the 2015 Equinox?
mhevezi

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 08:26:21 AM »

Here is the 2013 Trax- which should give us a preview of how the 2015 Equinox will look. Maybe not exactly, but in the ballpark.

I know that the rest of the world gets a smart looking Cruz, 5-door, and the Equinox may or may not be related...

I do like the way that Cruze looks in the 5-door trim. Much better than the sedan, but Americans tend not to embrace 5-doors. Too 'wagony'

What do y'all think?
bowtieman
Global Moderator
Theta Freak

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 10:46:11 AM »

I like them both, especially the Trax name!  Reminds me of my old remote control truck brand name Traxxas lol.

They look sharp, wonder what Chevy USA will do with Equinox by that time.

Born 7/2011 Purchased this 2012 1LT I-4 on 9/25/11
Black Granite Metallic, Jet Black Interior
How to Video's on my install of:Chrome Handles, Chrome Roof Rails & Fog lights, Air filters. Located within General How To section
Drive with my hands not my feet !!
hyperv6
Theta Freak

hyperv6 hyperv6

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 02:37:23 PM »

I do not expect these to represent the new Nox.

The new face of Chevy can be seen on the new Traverse and the coming Impala and Super Sport Sedan.  They are working on removing the center bar for a more VW like grille.

I expect the new Nox to fall in line size wise more with the Escape and CRV.

I have seen the Buick version of the Trax and it is a bit odd looking. It is very short and based on the same platform as the Sonic. I really wonder how will the Encore will do. It would have done better as a Chevy but how may SUV crossovers is too many? Chevy has a lot of them already and do they need more?
EquinoxFF1063

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2012, 07:08:42 AM »

I'm getting confused, GM has too many competing models and shut down several divisions (Saturn, Pontiac, Oldsmobile...) as part of the restructuring.
Seems they are heading back to what hurt them before?

2012 Equinox 1LT FWD I4
hyperv6
Theta Freak

hyperv6 hyperv6

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2012, 08:13:36 AM »

I'm getting confused, GM has too many competing models and shut down several divisions (Saturn, Pontiac, Oldsmobile...) as part of the restructuring.
Seems they are heading back to what hurt them before?

No they are moving some models around to different sizes. 

The Chevy line has the Malubu smaller and the new Implala larger. They will slot over the Cruze well.

The next Nox will get smaller and that is why we will not get the Trax. If they do it may be like the Captiva for fleet sales to protect Nox Values.

The Traverse will get a resize in the future too. In fact some industry watchers say GM did not have enough crossovers? But the real issue market wise is there are more models vs buyers now. Many companies will move add and cut models here in the future.

GMs goal is long term and that is to

Cadillac to move more  up scale to where it will be lower volume and higher pofit.

Buick will move to fill the Lexus gap and become the volume luxury car

Chevy will remain the primary mover with the value line and performance lines.

The issues and needs at GM will take ten years to do and then they will have to continue to tweek for market needs or changes as they go.

Every MFG is looking for the next big thing and make it work with the higher CAFE rules that is coming.
inphoenix

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2012, 09:48:23 AM »

unless you tow there is no need for the v6.  0-60 times are almost identical between the 4 and 6
No they are not. I drove the 4 and bought the 6. The times are 8.3 for the 6 and 9.3 for the 4. That isn't "almost identical" and saying that unless you tow you don't need the 6 is simply stupid.

2010 Equinox LT2, Cardinal Red,
V6
18 inch wheels
Pioneer System ( Bose killer)
PDIM
Sunroof
cottonseed

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2012, 10:39:18 AM »

No they are not. I drove the 4 and bought the 6. The times are 8.3 for the 6 and 9.3 for the 4. That isn't "almost identical" and saying that unless you tow you don't need the 6 is simply stupid.

those stats are just like us all getting 32mpg.  my comment stands.

2010 Nox LT
Cardinal Red / Jet Black
I4 AWD
inphoenix

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2012, 11:30:26 AM »

those stats are just like us all getting 32mpg.  my comment stands.
those stats were measured by edmonds. Your comment is foolish. You may prefer the 4, but to say the acceleration is similar is simply a lie. I drove both, own a 6. Put both on the highway from a standing start. Experience trumps opinion.

V6
18 inch wheels
PDIM
Sunroof
POLRCUB II
Theta Guru

POLRCUB II,,, Lovin' The '300 Club'

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2012, 11:55:03 AM »

those stats were measured by edmonds. Your comment is foolish. You may prefer the 4, but to say the acceleration is similar is simply a lie. I drove both, own a 6. Put both on the highway from a standing start. Experience trumps opinion.

I wouldn't worry to much over it inphoenix,, we all know your right in this regard - some people just like to 'save face' as it were.
Or just plain naive,,, I vote for the later of the two lol,,,
Some folks just can think outside the 'box'  Cheesy

Even POLRCUB's little 7yr old Bear knows that a V6 Terrain goes faster than a 4 cylinder Terrain,,, lol

Cheers! and Happy Motoring!!  

POLRCUB,19"GM LF671's on 255's
Full load,SatNAV/Rear Ent.pkg./Lane assist/front cam collision/blind spot,
4pcWeatherTechs,Blendmount radar,white GMC Guards,6KLED Int & LED Ext. 6KHID fogs & DRLs,VG Fin,custom 3M, purple trim & 28%tint
3 Mini Dachshund's
MY13 3.6L Denali
Farewell MY10, 11 & 12
DeMAN

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2012, 03:15:09 PM »

No they are moving some models around to different sizes. 

The Chevy line has the Malubu smaller and the new Implala larger. They will slot over the Cruze well.

The next Nox will get smaller and that is why we will not get the Trax. If they do it may be like the Captiva for fleet sales to protect Nox Values.

The Traverse will get a resize in the future too. In fact some industry watchers say GM did not have enough crossovers? But the real issue market wise is there are more models vs buyers now. Many companies will move add and cut models here in the future.

GMs goal is long term and that is to

Cadillac to move more  up scale to where it will be lower volume and higher pofit.

Buick will move to fill the Lexus gap and become the volume luxury car

Chevy will remain the primary mover with the value line and performance lines.

The issues and needs at GM will take ten years to do and then they will have to continue to tweek for market needs or changes as they go.

Every MFG is looking for the next big thing and make it work with the higher CAFE rules that is coming.

Goal maybe, but dont look for Buick to ever be a volume selling line in he US. It can but GM will have to quit going after a market thats not around for Buick.  Buick will have to become more like Kia with a US touch. The rest of the market will also not be sitting still for GM to take 10 years to do what most do in 2-3 years.  Nice vehicles that are two or three year late. Hopefully Cadillac will change that pattern along with other new Chevy models.

All Weathertech
Purchased 6/23/2010 traded 2/2013
inphoenix

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2012, 04:07:36 PM »

I wouldn't worry to much over it inphoenix,, we all know your right in this regard - some people just like to 'save face' as it were.
Or just plain naive,,, I vote for the later of the two lol,,,
Some folks just can think outside the 'box'  Cheesy

Even POLRCUB's little 7yr old Bear knows that a V6 Terrain goes faster than a 4 cylinder Terrain,,, lol

Cheers! and Happy Motoring!!  

It's a shame some people flunk critical thinking. Simply trying to "save face" is pretty amusing to watch though.
Cheers!

V6
18 inch wheels
PDIM
Sunroof
hyperv6
Theta Freak

hyperv6 hyperv6

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2012, 06:40:59 PM »

Goal maybe, but dont look for Buick to ever be a volume selling line in he US. It can but GM will have to quit going after a market thats not around for Buick.  Buick will have to become more like Kia with a US touch. The rest of the market will also not be sitting still for GM to take 10 years to do what most do in 2-3 years.  Nice vehicles that are two or three year late. Hopefully Cadillac will change that pattern along with other new Chevy models.

Buick will be more volume like Cadillas was not Chevy. Their target is Acura, Lexus and low and mid Audi models. They will fill the market that Cadillac is leaving with the new ATS, new coming CTS and Coming LTS. The XTS is only here to fill in and be a bridge to the future and also fill a empty show room till the new models arrive. Also the XTS is the volume car to be used for livery fleets and will take the bullet in fleet sales to protect resale on all the other models.

Why would Buick want to be Kia? That is more left to Chevy as they are not all that luxury. They are just a tarted up Hyundai.

It will take near ten years to transform all the lines as they can not do them all at once. The rest of the companies also can not afford to revamp their lines any sooner so they are all on the same playing field. The key to GM is they are jumping ahead of where they are at as they now have the money to make totally new cars vs just refreshed on the same old platforms. The new Impala is a great example of the kinds of jumps we will see.

I would recomend taking a good look at the new ATS as it represent what kind of work GM will be doing. a 4 doors sedan that comes in at 3200 pounds and 3400 with the V6 and AWD.
The TT V6 will also offer near 420-430 HP if estimates are correct.  It is based on the new Alpha platform and will also be sed for the coming Camaro and Enlarged for the coming CTS. It is a very flexible platform and a very advanced RWD platform.  Note the road test that will be out soon. It will shock many.  I expect the coming Camro to lose between 500-600 pounds and min even with the V8 and more with the Tubo 4 and Tubo V6.
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2012, 07:23:31 PM »

GM seems to have the same problem that most Americans have - GM is just too overweight !  If they can shed a "few" pounds from their vehicles, they will be a much more healthy company.

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
cottonseed

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2012, 09:45:47 PM »

It's a shame some people flunk critical thinking. Simply trying to "save face" is pretty amusing to watch though.
Cheers!

Its a shame im still right.  Go watch some youtube videos of 0-60 times and not go by the stats gm released.  Proof that I know I am right is that the annoying female candian says im wrong.  Shes wrong everytime she types something so by default I am right.

2010 Nox LT
Cardinal Red / Jet Black
I4 AWD
darkside

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2012, 11:58:38 PM »

GM needs to thin the line up more.

Come to the darkside We have cookies!
13 Terrain 3.6L v6 awd  red
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: