EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
December 18, 2014, 01:49:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2005 Equinox not starting  (Read 1217 times)
andrewc

Ignore
« on: June 16, 2012, 05:06:21 PM »

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is the wrong place/forum for this question...I'm a little worked up to say the least and am hoping I can get some help.

For the past week, my Equinox is having problems starting. The starter "clicks" when the key is fully turned, and clicks when it returns to the "on" position, but there's simply no ignition. Some times, it'll start first-shot. Sometimes, it'll start when I turn the key slowly back to the "on" position. But sometimes (like today) nothing I can do will start the thing. As I said, I hear the starter click, but there's simply no ignition. When it does start and take it for a drive, it has never stalled. There's no problem with acceleration or anything like that. I just replaced the old battery with a brand new one, and the electronics are fine. Any thoughts?
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 05:25:09 PM »

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is the wrong place/forum for this question...I'm a little worked up to say the least and am hoping I can get some help.

For the past week, my Equinox is having problems starting. The starter "clicks" when the key is fully turned, and clicks when it returns to the "on" position, but there's simply no ignition. Some times, it'll start first-shot. Sometimes, it'll start when I turn the key slowly back to the "on" position. But sometimes (like today) nothing I can do will start the thing. As I said, I hear the starter click, but there's simply no ignition. When it does start and take it for a drive, it has never stalled. There's no problem with acceleration or anything like that. I just replaced the old battery with a brand new one, and the electronics are fine. Any thoughts?

I would check the ground connection from the battery to the car's frame, then the Positive connection from the battery to the starter- in fact clean all of the connections at the starter, and if it still doesn't start, then I would start trying to replace the ignition switch.  That is in order of difficulty, and cost.

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: