EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
November 20, 2014, 09:10:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Download our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! more info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote Start with AC is nice when it's 99F !  (Read 3962 times)
EquinoxFF1063

Ignore
« on: June 20, 2012, 06:37:43 PM »

Used my remote start this afternoon, really nice getting into a cooled car.  A normal key start gives me hot air when I turn on the AC, takes about a minute to get cool air.  Wasn't sure if I would order it again, now I think I would !!

2012 Equinox 1LT FWD I4
kruegs

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 06:59:17 PM »

Used my remote start this afternoon, really nice getting into a cooled car.  A normal key start gives me hot air when I turn on the AC, takes about a minute to get cool air.  Wasn't sure if I would order it again, now I think I would !!

The most impressive part is using your smart phone and OnStar app to remote start while shutting down your PC at work, before you even walk out the door.  Now that is impressive.   thumbs up
teetertotter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 05:22:38 AM »

Winters, wife will keep the car running the full 10 minutes, and then ready to go into garage, jump in, and go.  It has rubbed off onto me the past 5 years!

10-14-14
Traded 12' Terrain, 3.0L  for new 14' Acadia
SLT-1. Always Ziebart Rust Proof + Undercarriage.
EquinoxFF1063

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 07:13:42 AM »

With at least the garage door open I hope ?  Still, that CO came make it into the house...

2012 Equinox 1LT FWD I4
POLRCUB II
Theta Guru

POLRCUB II,,, Lovin' The '300 Club'

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 08:19:18 AM »

The most impressive part is using your smart phone and OnStar app to remote start while shutting down your PC at work, before you even walk out the door.  Now that is impressive.   thumbs up

A big  thumbs up's up,,, or from anywhere for that matter, I sure do love mine,,,

POLRCUB,19"GM LF671's on 255's
Full load,SatNAV/Rear Ent.pkg./Lane assist/front cam collision/blind spot,
4pcWeatherTechs,Blendmount radar,white GM Guards,6KLED Int & LED Ext. 6KHID fogs & DRLs,VG Fin,custom 3M, purple trim & 28%tint, lowering spring kit
MY13 3.6L Denali
Farewell MY10, 11 & 12
POLRCUB II
Theta Guru

POLRCUB II,,, Lovin' The '300 Club'

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 08:21:35 AM »

What's it like having 99F temps?! Lol, must be nice - at least once in awhile anyway,,  wink

POLRCUB,19"GM LF671's on 255's
Full load,SatNAV/Rear Ent.pkg./Lane assist/front cam collision/blind spot,
4pcWeatherTechs,Blendmount radar,white GM Guards,6KLED Int & LED Ext. 6KHID fogs & DRLs,VG Fin,custom 3M, purple trim & 28%tint, lowering spring kit
MY13 3.6L Denali
Farewell MY10, 11 & 12
teetertotter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 06:00:26 AM »

With at least the garage door open I hope ?  Still, that CO came make it into the house...

We have a 3 car unattached garage and opens the garage door when she is ready to walk out to it,  which is 20 feet away.  Summer time is the same to get the A/C going sometimes.   We also have 2 louvered windows for our garage that are kept open year round.  

10-14-14
BigPip

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 01:26:47 PM »

This is a great feature! I have installed many aftermarket remote starts on my cars before and I am loving having a factory R.S. I have 1 question though- on my aftermarket units, while the car/truck was running, I could press the brake and press the start button on the remote and i was able to take the key out and it would stay running until I came back and put the key in like normal. Do we have the same function?

2o1o EQUINOX - I4
Wings34

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 01:54:48 PM »

Can't live without it now.  Nice in the winter for the heat too!

2012 GMC Terrain SLT
3.0L V6
Chrome Grill, Mirrors, and Door Handles
K&N Air Filter
VG Shark Fin Antenna

1994 Corvette LT-1
TheataSigma

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 02:12:17 PM »

Exactly just like heated seats once you have them you always want them.  I know Remote Start is on the list from now on.

TS

Maggie - 2012 GMC Terrain AWD: SLT-1, Mocha Steel with Light Titanium Interior, Sunroof, V6 and UEW NAV Radio.
Oliver - 2008 Mini Cooper (R56 Hatch): CWP, Sunroof and Rally Lights.
Terrain Denali

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 04:31:35 PM »

Absolutely! Saturday it was 108 degrees here. Set an all-time record! We went shopping and while checking out I remote started the car from my iPhone. It wasn't ice cold when we got to the car but it was nice. I do wish you could remotely roll down the windows.

On my Corvette I have a module that just plugs into the computer port under the dash (called a Window Valet). Push unlock 3 times the windows roll down. Push lock 3 times they roll up. Very handy on a very hot day to vent the excess heat from the car. Wish they made them for the Equinox/Terrain.

2013 Terrain Denali
V6 with 19" Satin Chrome Wheels
Crystal Red Metallic
Intellilink with Nav
Tow Package
jcarm75

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 10:57:03 PM »

119 here in So Cal. Yes, it is an awesome feature, just gotta remember that the car has it. Wanting to add that feature to my other car.
REV

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 11:17:41 PM »

I tried to work a remote start unit into my deal on my SLE-1, but they wanted like $400+ installed for a factory unit. 

I wasn't going to let it be a deal breaker and I didn't want my payments to go up one more cent.

I leased this Terrain for 36 months so an aftermarket remote start is kind of throwing money away....but it's oh so tempting..

Anyone have any aftermarket recommendations?  Looks like my local shop installs Viper and Avital brands.

2012 GMC Terrain SLE-1
2.4L I4 FWD
Olympic White
jcarm75

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 11:53:48 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Ready-Remote-24921-Start-System/dp/B000OEK5U2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

http://www.amazon.com/Remote-Deluxe-Starter-remotes-yourself/dp/B006MXM8Q8/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1342421311&sr=1-1

Manual. http://www.readyremote.com/pdf/manuals/24926.pdf

Pretty Simple to install.
teetertotter

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 07:51:18 AM »

Yup, the added expense is worth it, especially this summer.    Winter, my wife warms up the car and w this new Terrain, I have to see if the seat heaters work in harmony.  I have to read the manual. 

10-14-14
Wings34

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 03:14:27 PM »

Yup, the added expense is worth it, especially this summer.    Winter, my wife warms up the car and w this new Terrain, I have to see if the seat heaters work in harmony.  I have to read the manual. 

They certainly do.  In fact, I had to turn mine off because the seats were getting too hot.  You can actually control the setting yourself on the touch screen.  Go to vehichle settings in the config menu and there is an option to have the heated seats on or off during remote start.  Pretty awesome!

2012 GMC Terrain SLT
3.0L V6
Chrome Grill, Mirrors, and Door Handles
K&N Air Filter
VG Shark Fin Antenna

1994 Corvette LT-1
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: