EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
August 20, 2014, 05:39:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TerrainForum, EquinoxForum & SRXForum! We're glad you found us!

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OnStar After Free Trial Period  (Read 3053 times)
SCBEARSFAN

Ignore
« on: July 27, 2012, 01:54:23 PM »

On previous posts when their free trial was up several people were able to get deals on OnStar like $149/yr. Quetions to those that got them: How did you go about getting the reduced price, did you say you were going to cancel or Huh?? Did the reduced price include the directions portion of OnStar?

We're going to keep OnStar basic because we get a discount on our ins.

I like the Directions package with the new color touch radio, but not at an extra $10/mo

2012 Equinox 2LT
FWD V-6, SunRoof
Leather Seats
Twilight Blue
Mochaman

Mochaman Mochaman

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 08:51:23 AM »

On previous posts when their free trial was up several people were able to get deals on OnStar like $149/yr. Quetions to those that got them: How did you go about getting the reduced price, did you say you were going to cancel or Huh?? Did the reduced price include the directions portion of OnStar?

We're going to keep OnStar basic because we get a discount on our ins.

I like the Directions package with the new color touch radio, but not at an extra $10/mo

I told them people were getting 14 mo for 149( which is the price right now on their website) on the forum I am on and they matched that and added a month(15) + 6mo of directions and connections since I am a GM retiree and supposed to get a 25% discount. I also tried to get info on the Intellilink info conversion  from the Infotainment division  and told them I was promised a software update would be all I needed. They disputed that and said it would cost $2k to do it. As a consolation prize they( Infotainment division) gave me another year of directions & connections So my account now says I have directions and connections till 11/14 all for $149 and a little complaining.  thumbs up

2012 Mocha SLE2
  Chrome Enhancements package
    Grille
    Door Handles
    Wheel Skins
    Center Hub Caps
    Mirror Covers
  AVS in channel Window Vents
  Tinted front windows
  Added BTV remote start function
1998 Pewter C5 Corvette
Sumr616

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 08:41:29 PM »

In my 2012 - it's happened twice now - about once every two weeks, when I get in the car and start driving, I hear the OnStar jingle and am told, "OnStar has an important message for you. Please press the blue button to speak with a representative now." I push the button - they tell me my trial is expiring at the end of the month. It's really loud and annoying.

However - the offer they gave me was a year of the Safe and Sound plan for ~$12/month. I said no thanks. Then she said, "As a token of our appreciation, we can also extend an offer that, for the same price, you can also get the Directions and Connections for 12 months."

(I still said no for now though)

2011 I4 Equinox LS bought 3/31/11 : after multiple failed repairs for stalling/start-up noise issues, pursued a GM-assisted replacement. GM agreed, and paid several thousand dollars to get me into my current vehicle...

2012 I4 Equinox LS bought 02/28/12
Default User

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 06:35:46 AM »

How often do you really use OnStar, though?

SCBEARSFAN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 08:34:56 AM »

Don't use it a lot but we're alone mow and it gives us peace of mind if something were to happen at night, the wife has some trouble driving at night in unfamilar areas, plus we get an ins discount. We just renewed for $14 per mo with 6 mo free Directions and Connections

2012 Equinox 2LT
FWD V-6, SunRoof
Leather Seats
Twilight Blue
Iliketerrain

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 09:47:32 AM »

I use the hands-free and the weather/traffic (w/t almost every day). I look at Onstar like an insurance policy; you hope you don't need some of the features but it is good to have if you need it.
wtavcar

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 10:48:46 AM »

I got my 2010 Nox in November 2011. I tried on 2 seperate occasions (months apart) to get the trial and both times it failed. Stopped trying. You are correct, how often do you need it.

The primary reason to contact OnStar was that every time I use the bluetooth function it answers me in French (my truck was originally purchased in Quebec). The truck has no way of changing it. I contacted GM-online and they told me OnStar controls that.

I have no real problem it being in French (since I undertsnd it)  now that I saw what a pain in the  Booty Shake it is cause I know if I call again I will be harased all kinds.  Grin

2010 Equinox 1LT FWD w/I4 2.4
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: