EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
July 29, 2014, 09:59:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY How to Install Cabin Air Filter 2010-2013 Chevy Equinox GMC Terrain w/video  (Read 9888 times)
bowtieman
Global Moderator
Theta Freak

« on: November 02, 2012, 10:40:20 PM »

Here is a how to video on installing a Cabin Filter on a 2012 Chevy Equinox. This install should be the same for 2010-2013 Chevy Equinox's and GMC Terrain.

I could not find much info or pics regarding the install, I have searched the forum and found a few directions, some even said it was a PITA and it can be because of the angle of getting to it, but I hope this video will help answer your questions.

http://youtu.be/ciM8QEICDe8[/url

Or try this link

[URL=http://youtu.be/onqolgateOw]http://youtu.be/onqolgateOw

This filter retails for about $30, but I bought it from Amazon since it was the cheapest there at $15 and I got free shipping since i also ordered the engine air filter at the same time. You can find this part anywhere online that suits you best. Your Dealership will sell it for around $30 or more which is a little much and plus they will charge you to install. But as you see in the video it's easy!

GM Part # 19130294
AC Delco# CF177

Here are a few other brands:

FRAM fresh breeze #CF10742  around $25

Wix # 49368

I have seen some people make their own cabin filter probably for much cheaper, and may even filter out better if they have severe allergies. Some of those home pad filters they buy for $5-$10 , some people get 4 filters out of those pads. I didn't want to mess with that , or cut to match the stock size filter, I just ended up using the stock filter since i know it works and will fit properly.

Hope the info helps!

Born 7/2011 Purchased this 2012 1LT I-4 on 9/25/11
Black Granite Metallic, Jet Black Interior
How to Video's on my install of:Chrome Handles, Chrome Roof Rails & Fog lights, Air filters. Located within General How To section
Drive with my hands not my feet !!
jstpsntym

2011 SLT2

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 05:15:27 AM »

Here is a how to video on installing a Cabin Filter on a 2012 Chevy Equinox. This install should be the same for 2010-2013 Chevy Equinox's and GMC Terrain.

I could not find much info or pics regarding the install, I have searched the forum and found a few directions, some even said it was a PITA and it can be because of the angle of getting to it, but I hope this video will help answer your questions.

http://youtu.be/ciM8QEICDe8

Here is the corrected link.

DIY How To Install Cabin Filter 2010-2013 Chevy Equinox GMC Terrain

Thanks and good advice about getting both filters at the same time to save $$.

2011 Terrain SLT2, Onyx Black, I4, FWD,
Towing & Cargo Convenience packages,
Chrome grille, chrome pillars, dash kit,
WeatherTech FloorLiners front and rear,
GM splash guards

There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is having lots to do and not doing it.
bowtieman
Global Moderator
Theta Freak

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 08:25:45 AM »

Thanks for posting the correct link ! The forum was giving me issues last night when trying to post in the link!

Born 7/2011 Purchased this 2012 1LT I-4 on 9/25/11
Black Granite Metallic, Jet Black Interior
How to Video's on my install of:Chrome Handles, Chrome Roof Rails & Fog lights, Air filters. Located within General How To section
Drive with my hands not my feet !!
FVFD23

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 09:30:18 AM »

So I would assume the air flow is from top to bottom so the arrows should be pointed down if you air filter has arrows. Is this correct?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: