EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
December 19, 2014, 02:19:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MyLink software updates  (Read 13320 times)
joggy

Ignore
« on: November 18, 2012, 01:43:30 PM »

Hi - we purchased a 2012 Chevy Equinox recently and it is equipped with the MyLink Touch Radio. I'm hoping someone here might have some insight.

I'm inquiring about software updates. I've poked around various GM sites including the 'myconnectedradio' site

and I can't seem to find a section with available updates for the radio. I've also emailed 'infotainment at gmexpert dot com' (contact at myconnectedradio site) and got a bounce back failure, so I'm guessing their mailbox is either full or no longer active.

My hope is that a software update will solve two small problems I'm seeing.

1) partial indexing of an iPod's music (not always, but occasionally). Sometimes everything will index and at other times only some will index.
2) better Bluetooth compatibility with what is arguably the premiere android phone on the market today, the Samsung Galaxy S3. It regularly disconnects and re-connects several minutes later.

Are there any software updates for this radio yet that any members are aware of? If so, where can I download it? If not, are any known as planned?

Thanks!
1LT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 04:58:41 AM »

Try your onstar button and talk with them about it. From what i was told if there are updates, they are automatically pushed through onstar.

2012 Equinox 1LT I4 born 6/12
joggy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 03:03:46 PM »

Thanks. I'll give that a shot.
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 09:56:24 AM »

I would be happy to do some research for you as well with the last eight of your VIN. Contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you./

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!
river and sand

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 10:45:36 AM »

I will be interested to hear about this also, DW has a G-S3 and it would be nice to know it is supported.

2012 Equinox 3.0 1LT FWD
Mocha Steel / Jet Black
2005 Silverado K3500 Duramax/Ali DRW
2000 S-10 2.2 Flex
1LT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 11:23:12 AM »

UPDATE:

If you push the On* button, and ask them about updates for the myLink system, they will have no idea what you're talking about. At least, the rep I was speaking with had no idea what myLink even is.

I did contact the GM Infotainment department and spoke with Kyle. As of right now, there is no way to update myLink radios. He said they are working on it, but no ETA.
My wife recently got a 2013 Nox, and there are a few extra apps she has on hers, that are not on my '12' myLink. I was hoping to update, but not yet.
Good news is, he mentioned again that they are still working on map apps thumbs up

2012 Equinox 1LT I4 born 6/12
jonathan.bladen

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 11:04:36 PM »

Joggy, good to know...I purchased my 2012 LTZ just before Christmas at the dealership I work at and have been looking for updates.  I was actually going to go into parts/service to see if anyone there knew if there were updates for the system.  I will keep on the lookout, hopefully there will be updates soon.  I would like to have some of the new options such as "Movie" and "Weather" even though I can access the info on my phone as well.  Just a little more convenient when I'm already in the car to check it there.

2012 Equinox LTZ
Black on Black
hyperv6
Theta Freak

hyperv6 hyperv6

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 06:02:52 AM »

The GM sites for Mylink and Intellilink will be where the updates will be presented and able to be down loaded into a thumb drive. As of now there has not been any Firmware updates.

Most of the issues will have to be delt with the phone OS updates as the GM system is stationary and the phones are always changing. It is the phone makers place to address most isssues. Imagin if GM had to chase each and every phone around to fix all their issues?

The dealers will at times have to do some updates to the GM system if it is anything very complex but as of now GM will offer the updates on the web sites when they are needed or available.

Don't bother with On Star as they will never have any idea. They are apples to oranges here as this system is not their issue to deal with.

A well versed dealer is you best place to check as they will get the latest info but then again it depends on the dealer. A good dealer keeps up while poor ones remain clue less.

Might watch here http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/ as they keep up on info and https://www.myconnectedradio.com/web/gmc# these are the two best places for a non tech to watch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: