EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
July 25, 2014, 01:34:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TerrainForum, EquinoxForum & SRXForum! We're glad you found us!

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I use Bluetooth  (Read 1787 times)
equinoxweppjp

Ignore
« on: December 04, 2012, 04:53:25 PM »

I don't feel very bright right now, but I cannot find an answer to my problem.

I have successfully paired my iPhone 5 with my 2011 Equinox. Now what do I do? I think that I turn OnStar on, but then what. I want to listen to audio books.

Thanks!

2011 1LT Cardinal Red Metallic
hanmik01

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 07:00:37 PM »

Well, for starters, you could read pages 36-42 of your Equinox Navigation Manual.  wink Otherwise you need either the data/charging cable for the phone or an 1/8" stereo cable and plug one of them in to the appropriate jack. The radio should recognize the phone as an "iPod" and you're good to go! Hope this helps
Cheers
Mike

Sarcasm is the brain's way of dealing with other people's stupidity.

2012 Terrain SLT1 V6 FWD
Carbon Flash Metallic
18" Chrome Clad Wheels
ColourTouch Nav
equinoxweppjp

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 09:06:34 PM »

Well, for starters, you could read pages 36-42 of your Equinox Navigation Manual.  wink Otherwise you need either the data/charging cable for the phone or an 1/8" stereo cable and plug one of them in to the appropriate jack. The radio should recognize the phone as an "iPod" and you're good to go! Hope this helps
Cheers
Mike

Thank you - I had "checked" the manual - not 'navigation manual' - they must have changed the name for 2012. It seems to deal with some of my problems. My page numbers were 7-109 through 7- 215.

hanmik01

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 09:20:14 PM »

What problems are you having? You don't need to start OnStar to listen to your audio books. You should have a USB port and a 1/8" audio jack somewhere on the center console ( on mine it's in the center armrest storage area). Plugging your iPhone into either of these jacks should allow you to control the iPod functions of your phone through the infotainment system.  Smiley
Thank you - I had "checked" the manual - not 'navigation manual'
I really don't know why they have to have two manuals anyway shrug

Sarcasm is the brain's way of dealing with other people's stupidity.

2012 Terrain SLT1 V6 FWD
Carbon Flash Metallic
18" Chrome Clad Wheels
ColourTouch Nav
equinoxweppjp

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 09:53:13 PM »

What problems are you having? You don't need to start OnStar to listen to your audio books. You should have a USB port and a 1/8" audio jack somewhere on the center console ( on mine it's in the center armrest storage area). Plugging your iPhone into either of these jacks should allow you to control the iPod functions of your phone through the infotainment system.  :)I really don't know why they have to have two manuals anyway shrug

I'll just use the AUX port like I've been doing and forget about Bluetooth. We've been having sound cutoff and I hope it was a bad cable. It seems a bit odd to have something, pay money for it, and not be able to use it.

Well, this thread is over.

Thank you

GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 12:01:33 PM »

Glad to see hanmik01 was able to jump in and help, equinoxweppjp! If you have any additional questions, we're just a private message away.

Katie (Assisting Tricia), GM Customer Service

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!
rickeyp

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 05:30:28 PM »

I just bought a 2013 terrain pairing bluetooth was easy....but I can't get my phone book into the suv?
Iliketerrain

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 05:37:46 PM »

This is a function of your phone. Make certain that the Bluetooth entry on your phone
has it as a "trusted" connection.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: