EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
October 25, 2014, 09:19:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to TerrainForum, EquinoxForum & SRXForum! We're glad you found us!

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know how to raise the rear Headrests?  (Read 5026 times)
Talldog

Ignore
« on: March 05, 2013, 07:28:50 AM »

I know they don't have the raise feature like the fronts do, but I read somewhere where someone figured out how to raise them up a couple inches and just leave them in that static position.

I really like this Pet Barrier, but to attach it you need to be able to raise the Headrest a couple inches.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0039U7NOO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ASGPGRV0ZZ5FT

Just a long shot.

Thanks

2013 Equinox Ashen Grey Metallic 1LT
V6, AWD, Drivers Convenience Package, 2" Tow Package,
Premium Sound, WeatherTech Mats, Splash Guards, OEM Hood Deflector, Emblems-3.6-Direct Injection-V6-GM Mark of Excellence, Sportwing Body Side Mouldings.
darkside

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 10:07:03 AM »

On the side of the plastic insert on the seat where the head rest goes in is a button. Push it in and lift up the headrest.

Come to the darkside We have cookies!
13 Terrain 3.6L v6 awd  red
Talldog

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 10:30:13 AM »

On the side of the plastic insert on the seat where the head rest goes in is a button. Push it in and lift up the headrest.

Thanks, but that only works for the front Headrests, there is no button on the rears.

Might have to just see if I can pop that piece of plastic off and see if it's possible.

Premium Sound, WeatherTech Mats, Splash Guards, OEM Hood Deflector, Emblems-3.6-Direct Injection-V6-GM Mark of Excellence, Sportwing Body Side Mouldings.
POLRCUB II
Theta Guru

POLRCUB II,,, Lovin' The '300 Club'

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 11:13:03 AM »

Thanks, but that only works for the front Headrests, there is no button on the rears.

Might have to just see if I can pop that piece of plastic off and see if it's possible.

http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?topic=1317.0

Not sure how long the headrest rods are, but may be enough to attach those brackets to.

POLRCUB,19"GM LF671's on 255's
Full load,SatNAV/Rear Ent.pkg./Lane assist/front cam collision/blind spot,
4pcWeatherTechs,Blendmount radar,white GM Guards,6KLED Int & LED Ext. 6KHID fogs & DRLs,VG Fin,custom 3M, purple trim & 28%tint, lowering spring kit
MY13 3.6L Denali
Farewell MY10, 11 & 12
Talldog

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »

http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?topic=1317.0

Not sure how long the headrest rods are, but may be enough to attach those brackets to.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

POLRCUB II
Theta Guru

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 11:52:05 AM »

That's a very clever pet barrier,, I like that idea..

4pcWeatherTechs,Blendmount radar,white GM Guards,6KLED Int & LED Ext. 6KHID fogs & DRLs,VG Fin,custom 3M, purple trim & 28%tint, lowering spring kit
MY13 3.6L Denali
Farewell MY10, 11 & 12
Talldog

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 03:24:06 PM »

That's a very clever pet barrier,, I like that idea..

Yea, I like it too, just don't know if I'm gonna be able to make it work?

prissyrabbit

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 05:35:45 PM »

I know they don't have the raise feature like the fronts do, but I read somewhere where someone figured out how to raise them up a couple inches and just leave them in that static position.

I really like this Pet Barrier, but to attach it you need to be able to raise the Headrest a couple inches.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0039U7NOO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ASGPGRV0ZZ5FT

Just a long shot.

Thanks

Says in manual the rear head restraints can not be adjusted. Wonder why.

***OOPS*** just read original post. First time I only read the subject line. I see you already knew what I posted. My bad. Sorry!

2012 mocha steel metallic Nox
LTZ, sunroof, FWD, navi, V6,
jet black/brownstone leather,
self-installed Class III trailer hitch/wire harness,
Chromeline trim, self-installed OEM splash guards

You wouldn't worry so much about what people thought of you if you knew how seldom they did
Talldog

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 04:31:34 PM »

This may not apply to too many people, but thought I would share just in case.

Thanks to the Forum, I figured out how to remove the Headrests.  I want to use this Pet Barrier;

http://www.petego.com/category/24/Car/product/389/KKCarBarrier

BTW, it's brand new and won't be available for about a week.  If you need one right away, they make this one also;

http://www.amazon.com/Petego-Walky-Barrier-Automotive-Safety/dp/B0039U7NOO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362611490&sr=8-1&keywords=petego

And no, I don't work for them or have anything to do with them, I just like the design.

Problem is, to use either Barrier, you need 1" (K9K) or 1 1/4" (Walky Guard) of Headrest "stem" to attach them to.

In the stock configuration, the rear Headrests on the Nox only allow about 1/2" of "stem".

When you remove the Headrests, you will see the little grooves cut into the stem that lock the Headrest into position. I measured down 3/4" and made a mark. So what this does is to raise the Headrest 3/4" and that, in combination with the 1/2" you already have, gives you 1 1/4" of "stem" to attach to.

Pay no attention to the other mark you can see, initially I was going to cut down farther, but decided I didn't need to go that far.

Used this;

New groove cut 3/4" from the original groove;

Ends up looking like this;

To me, having the Headrest 3/4" higher than stock isn't noticeable and now I've got the clearance to use the Pet Barrier.

DISCLAIMER***Because this involves the Headrest, I feel I should mention that I don't think this will have any effect on safety, but I'm not an engineer and if you decide to do this, it's at your own risk.

Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 04:36:19 PM »

talldog

Good caveat/disclaimer, because if someones cuts too deeply, you may be compromising the safety of the headrest. 

Good job.

Rit

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
POLRCUB II
Theta Guru

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 11:13:31 AM »

Very nice!  thumbs up

Keep us posted on the install when it finally arrives.

I like this model as well,, problem is my three guys are miniatures and currently I use the full barrier as they can wiggle between the seats and the 'C' pillars. If we go ahead and make the cargo shelf, then this one would be great - would just need to add some screen as the bars look to far apart for small dogs.

MY13 3.6L Denali
Farewell MY10, 11 & 12
Talldog

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 12:31:43 PM »

Very nice!  thumbs up

Keep us posted on the install when it finally arrives.

I like this model as well,, problem is my three guys are miniatures and currently I use the full barrier as they can wiggle between the seats and the 'C' pillars. If we go ahead and make the cargo shelf, then this one would be great - would just need to add some screen as the bars look to far apart for small dogs.

Will do, but I probably won't get it for a couple weeks.  The new model (K9K) won't be available for about a week and a half.  I actually called the company and talked to the guy that designed this to find out how much of a gap I was gonna need to install it.

I ordered directly from the company to get it sooner, eventually you'll be able to get it other places also.

Really like the design of the new model, Aluminum color vs Black and a stronger and more adjustable design according to the guy I talked to.

This will work especially well with our Nox's with the sliding rear seat, no having to move a pet barrier, it just moves with the seat Smiley

Just got an "Otto Step" also, to help our 100 lb Rottie mix jump up in the back of the Nox, really like it. We've got a Border Collie mix also that can jump like a spring, but the Rottie isn't as graceful.

http://www.amazon.com/Otto-Step/dp/B0018DVEBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362684554&sr=8-1&keywords=otto+step

Can you tell we're "dog people" Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: