EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
September 22, 2014, 11:17:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 Equinox -- Service Air Bag Light ON  (Read 2863 times)
41plum

Ignore
« on: July 26, 2013, 10:07:36 AM »

I just returned from from the dealer with the following diagnostic result:  Codes B0081, B1370 and B0074,  Needs Passenger Presence Module Part #19207140 @ $533.33, Labor @ $175.00 and tax.  I was also charged diagnostic labor of $70.00. The car has only 48,00 miles and is primarily driven by my wife.  We purchased the car new in October, 2007.  We find it odd that we are experiencing the problem since the passenger seat is used infrequently.  Is this passenger presence module a known problem, or is there a recall? (The part is on order and will be installed upon arrival.)
Terra-Nox

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 10:25:20 AM »

I don't know where that part goes but suspect it may be under the seat.  Any chance 'stuff' was stuffed under there at some point, or perhaps there may have been moisture in the area  that created corrosion in module?

2011 AWD V6  Terrain  Merlot/Titanium SLT2
41plum

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 10:34:01 AM »

We keep the under-seat area pretty clean, so I don't recall anything stuffed under the seat.  The car is garaged and stays dry.
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 05:18:18 PM »

Hi 41plum,

Keep us posted on your service at the dealership. If there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know.

Amber N.
GMC Customer Care

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!
41plum

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 05:30:12 PM »

Our Equinox was repaired on Friday.  Though we have driven the car less than 10 miles, the passenger air bag appears to work as designed.  Unfortunately, no one will tell us why the sensor failed when the passenger seat was used so infrequently and the car has only 48,250 miles.
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 05:51:10 PM »

Our Equinox was repaired on Friday.  Though we have driven the car less than 10 miles, the passenger air bag appears to work as designed.  Unfortunately, no one will tell us why the sensor failed when the passenger seat was used so infrequently and the car has only 48,250 miles.

$hit happens.  It can happen to any component, and at any time - it was just bad luck.

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: