EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
August 30, 2014, 09:15:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Download our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! more info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Headlight Bulbs  (Read 1707 times)
hsoj10

Ignore
« on: July 29, 2013, 02:28:20 PM »

I have a 2012 LTZ Equinox with the projector style headlights. I am looking for a good replacement bulb that has more of a hid look color wise. I just dont want to spend an arm and a leg or have to replace them every 6 months. Anyone have any experience with this?
Default User

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 08:59:34 PM »

I've had cheapie bulbs last 2-3 years in a car.  The PUTCO bulbs in my Terrain have been in for almost a year with no issues.

I believe that 90% of the bulb failures is due to bad install.  Grease or grime touching the bulb, etc. 

Thanks
- Eric

Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 04:59:07 AM »

I have a 2012 LTZ Equinox with the projector style headlights. I am looking for a good replacement bulb that has more of a hid look color wise. I just dont want to spend an arm and a leg or have to replace them every 6 months. Anyone have any experience with this?

Personally, I think that KBCarStuff's HID are excellent !  I've had them about 3 years with zero problems.

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
darkside

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 08:45:30 AM »

I have been running HIDs for five years now and have not had a bulb burnout yet.

Come to the darkside We have cookies!
13 Terrain 3.6L v6 awd  red
esilva

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 02:23:47 PM »

Normally ebay bulbs will last 1-2 years. Which is fine by me, they are alot cheaper than they were 5 years ago!

2013 Terrain Denali V6 Iridium Metallic
2004 Silverado LS LB7 4x4
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 4x4 Limited
darkside

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 09:57:32 AM »

The prices sure have come down.
Just like LED light prices are starting too.

gregh2000

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 02:49:52 PM »

I have the silverstar zxe's in my Equinox LTZ and have had them in there 1 year to the month now no issues.  I have DRL enabled and all that, have about 11k miles on the bulbs.  The color is a lot whiter and looks like the HID look and the brightness is good.  I like them because they didn't need any extra wiring.  I would like to do HID but I am concerned about reliability of the kits because you have to use capacitors.  I have considered making a relay kit of my own that would run the headlights with a relay and trigger off of the parking lights so they wouldn't run all the time.  I like the idea of DRL through so I don't want to kill them either so I am torn. 
darkside

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 03:23:20 PM »

gregh2000 a good set will last a long time I have a set in my truck that are 5 years old and have 173 k on them as drl and lowbeams have no issues yet.
All the capacitor does is store voltage so that you do send pulsing voltage to the ballast a good capacitor should last as long as the vehicle.

gregh2000

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 03:47:35 PM »

True I know the capacitors should last but I see that they wear out and I have had the HID kits in the past but always seem to have issues with them.  I have tried the nicer name brand kits and the el cheapo ones I just always get the bad kits. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: