EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
April 15, 2014, 09:12:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Download our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! more info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspension squeak  (Read 9978 times)
NWrain

Ignore
« on: April 29, 2010, 07:34:40 AM »

Since about second week of ownership of my Terrain there has been a squeak in the drivers side rear suspension. When ever I get into the vehicle I can hear the squeak. I have rocked the vehicle back an forth and can hear the squeak. I'm thinking that either something needs to be greased or loosened up a bit and reset. Maybe a bushing issue? Shock?

Anyone else here experiencing the same issue?

I guess in the end it will be covered by the warranty.

2010 Terrain SLT-1 V6; 2006 Honda Accord SE
joshreed31

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 09:26:48 PM »

Did you ever get this problem fixed?  Mine does the same thing.  Dealer lubricated the rear trailing arm bushings twice, then on the third visit they replaced the bushings.  Still not resolved.  Talked to service writer again today, he said he talked to GM again, this time they are telling him that the park brake cable could be rubbing something.  I don't know if it will ever be fixed.  It's going in on Moday for the fourth time.
AMG Eric

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 09:52:16 AM »

for those currently looking to solve this issue it is a know defect in the parking brake cable.  The techs at your dealer have the service bulletin.  Mine will be fixed this week.   Beer

Black Granite Metallic  2010 Nox 2LT I-4 
Light Titanium Leather   Sunroof
Pioneer System  Back up Camera  4500K HID
DavidPJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 06:05:19 AM »

Anyone have the TSB or TSB number for this problem? I'm taking our Terrain in next week to hopefully have it repaired.

2011 Terrain SLT-1, 4 Cyl, FWD, Mocha Steel
Brownstone Leather, NAV, Rear DVD, Power Liftgate, Michelin Latitude Tires, PIAA Silicon Wipers, Penzoil Platinum Plus
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 01:42:29 PM »

Anyone have the TSB or TSB number for this problem? I'm taking our Terrain in next week to hopefully have it repaired.

I would be happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!
robotpepper

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 07:02:19 AM »

Since about second week of ownership of my Terrain there has been a squeak in the drivers side rear suspension. When ever I get into the vehicle I can hear the squeak. I have rocked the vehicle back an forth and can hear the squeak. I'm thinking that either something needs to be greased or loosened up a bit and reset. Maybe a bushing issue? Shock?

Anyone else here experiencing the same issue?

I guess in the end it will be covered by the warranty.

Had the same problem a couple months ago, had the e-brake cable replaced/rerouted and a "spring insulator" replaced. No more squeaks.

-2011 Plasma Blue Pearl Subaru STi sedan Sport-tech pkg (Cobb AP, short shifter, StopTech brakes, AEM CAI
-1993 R33 Nissan Skyline (sold)
-2011 Terrain SLE-2 Chrome/Conv. pkg (sold)
DavidPJ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 06:37:13 AM »

I took our Terrain in this past week for the rear driver's side creak. Unfortunately the noise could not be duplicated even by me. Since it creaked all summer long and now it's quiet I wonder if the noise is temperature related. So after waiting nearly 3 hours for the service nothing was done. I told them about others with the problem and even a TSB but the tech said he couldn't find any bulletins regarding the parking brake cables or creaking noise.

2011 Terrain SLT-1, 4 Cyl, FWD, Mocha Steel
Brownstone Leather, NAV, Rear DVD, Power Liftgate, Michelin Latitude Tires, PIAA Silicon Wipers, Penzoil Platinum Plus
AMG Eric

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 09:53:21 AM »

My dealer just replaced mine and no NOISE!!!!!  It was the service tech that knew about the TSB.  Sorry I don't know the number.  BTW I went to a GMC dealer.

MakeItTerRain

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 05:05:17 PM »

I had the same problem and swore it was the parking brake thing but the dealership disagreed. After several trips to the dealer they finally heard the noise. It turns out the frame bolts were not properly torqued. They re-torqued the bolts and i have never hears that sick squeaking noise again! Hope this helps!!!
Phantm006

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 09:16:37 PM »

I had the same problem and swore it was the parking brake thing but the dealership disagreed. After several trips to the dealer they finally heard the noise. It turns out the frame bolts were not properly torqued. They re-torqued the bolts and i have never hears that sick squeaking noise again! Hope this helps!!!
Would you happen to have the paperwork for your repair? So I can give them an idea of where to start. The dealer I go to pretty much knows I dont come to them unless I really need something so their more apt to give me the benefit of the doubt.

GMC Terrain SLE2- Cyber Gray Metallic
 2.4, Sunroof, 18" Brushed Aluminum Wheels
Heated Seats, Remote Start
Chrome Package
AMG Eric

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 12:08:37 PM »

Would you happen to have the paperwork for your repair? So I can give them an idea of where to start. The dealer I go to pretty much knows I dont come to them unless I really need something so their more apt to give me the benefit of the doubt.
i replicated my noise on the service drive. put it in drive...creeped forward and hit the brakes.  i did it 5x and he lubricated the cable and it worked for a little while but they ordered the part and all is great now.

GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 12:31:11 PM »

I would be happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!
AMG Eric

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 09:03:26 PM »

You know what, my Wife and I were at a light one day and I did the same thing a few times in a row to show her that I wasnt hearing thigs. Everytime I hit the brake's is did it. Thanks forletting her know im not crazy. And letting me know that I may just need to get the cable replaced.
if it helps mine was the left side.

Phantm006

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 01:33:10 AM »

if it helps mine was the left side.
[/quotMine also. I had the parking brake cable bracket re-located months ago. This is a new noise but still on the left rear side.

Chrome Package
APCassidy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 05:01:19 PM »

AMG Eric, or anyone who has had work done on this.

Can anyone provide the bulletin for this?  I'm trying to take my car in for this, however in my discussion with my service advisor today, she was unable to locate anything regarding my description/suggestion of what to look for.

Thanks,

Adam

2011 GMC Terrain
Metallic Black SLT - 2
4 cylinder w/ Navigation
Phantm006

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 08:51:06 PM »

Can anyone provide the bulletin for this?  I'm trying to take my car in for this, however in my discussion with my service advisor today, she was unable to locate anything regarding my description/suggestion of what to look for.

Thanks,

Adam
2010 - 2011
 Equinox, Terrain -- Parking brake cable squeaking noise
 DO THIS: Replace the rear left side parking brake cable with the new cable
 DONT DO THIS: Add any tape to fix this concern
 # PI0382

Chrome Package
APCassidy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 05:22:09 AM »

Phantm006,

On your post to my follow up with the subject of SQEAKY REAR SHOCKS you've indicated that the fix you had has returned.  Here is your comment from that thread:

"I've also read in a few of the other threads that it could be the frame bolts that are squeaking due to being improperly torqued. I had the parking brake thing done about 6 months ago right after I bought it. And I havent heard it again until recently. But it sounds different. Also I sprayed the springs and assembly with some WD40. Seemed to help then got extremely loud. I've noticed I hear it more when going over things like speed bumps or larger road bumps."

Is that the same fix you're mentioning here or is there another one out that from someone that HAS resolved the issue?

Adam

2011 GMC Terrain
Metallic Black SLT - 2
4 cylinder w/ Navigation
AMG Eric

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2011, 02:47:24 PM »

Thanks,

Adam
i dont know the bulliten.  i went to the service drive.  put my car in drive while holding the brake with my right foot.  let off pedal then stomped it continuously.  it squeaked each time.  the service advisor lubricated the cable with 3m spray and it resolved it temp. while they ordered a new e-brake cable.  the TECH knew what the problem was and had the TSB.  next time i go into the dealer i will look up the TSB.

Phantm006

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 06:35:51 AM »

APCassidy, I posted the info for the TSB above.

Chrome Package
ChevyMgr

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 02:54:00 PM »

2010 - 2011
 Equinox, Terrain -- Parking brake cable squeaking noise
 DO THIS: Replace the rear left side parking brake cable with the new cable
 DONT DO THIS: Add any tape to fix this concern
 # PI0382

thumbs up This TSB has fixed the noise in all the ones I have heard.

Current Rides:
2011 Equinox LTZ - Born 11/5/2010 - Adopted 12/29/2010
2010 Malibu LTZ
2012 Cruze LT
2013 Cruze RS
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: