EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
April 29, 2017, 04:26:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nav/dash computer issues  (Read 3986 times)
Noxtradamus

Email

Ignore
« on: February 17, 2014, 11:40:47 AM »

Hello,
Since Dec 2013 I am an owner of 2014 Equinox 2LT V6 AWD with Nav.
Although my general experiences with the dashboard computer are good I have come across some issues, here they are:

1. I keep disabling weather alerts and they keep coming back usually after a week or so. As if the dash computer keeps "forgetting" certain settings (but not all of them - most of other settings were there, see pt 2.)

2. I keep disabling POIs in the navigation and they also keep coming back after some time.

3. This one happened 2 times thus far - I was listening to a certain FM radio station - after backing up (LCD switched to backup camera video) and switching back to Drive all of a sudden Radio decided to switch to USB music. First time I thought maybe I pressed a button on steering wheel by accident but then few days later it happened again.

4. This one happened once thus far - Navigation system was stuck on initializing until I had a chance to stop, disable the engine, remove the key, open the drivers door and wait for a min (this resets the dash computer I believe).
GM Customer Svc
Theta Guru

Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 12:56:23 PM »

Noxtradamus,

I am sorry to hear you are having these concerns with your Equinox. For the weather alerts, do you have the XM Weather Alerts? If you have the XM trail there is no way to turn this completely off. Once you become a customer of XM you can have that option disabled. For your other questions I can look into these further for you. Have you contacted our Infotainment team? They can be reached at 855-478-7767. Please private message me your name, VIN, and phone number. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Erica Tiffany
GMC Customer Care

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.
Noxtradamus

Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 09:38:41 PM »

I swear the computer in this car does whatever it darn pleases.
The other night I got into the car and after driving for few seconds I noticed something was wrong - an odd brightness in the cabin. Sure enough the letters next to the gear lever (P   R N D M) were blindingly bright for some reason (keep in mind it was at night).
What fixed the problem? Familiar procedure: pull over, stop engine, remove key, open door for 10 sec. Ridiculous!
Is there available user installable firmware update? I am really not looking forward to spending half a day (or longer!) at the dealership especially that described problems don't occur on regular basis and are hard to reproduce on demand.
Chas
Theta Freak

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 02:31:16 PM »

Noxtradamus, I had the same trouble once with bright (P R N D M) indicators down by the gear lever on the center console. Instead of restarting the Terrain, I drove it home with a coat blocking the lights. This only happened once last Winter (December 2013?), and has never happened again... yet?  Crazy

I have a 2013 Terrain SLT-1 with the 3.6 LFX V6 (no navigation). Have nearly 15k miles since Dec '12. Oh well, I'll just keep driving it.

Noxtradamus (cool username by the way)

*Disclaimer: I'm only sharing my opinion. You didn't pay for it, so my opinion is only worth that much, haha.
2013 GMC Terrain SLT-1, FWD, 3.6 V6 (LFX), Sunroof
Noxtradamus

Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 01:46:41 PM »

I appreciate your input. That means I am not going crazy then!
Hershey

Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 11:57:42 AM »

I have the exact same problem with the NAV system stuck at Calculating Route. It happens while driving down the road without touching any buttons or screen. Cannot do anything with the radio, or any console buttons. Only way out is to park the car, get out, lock it. Then wait several minutes, before getting back in. The NAV will ask if I want to continue navigating. Answering yes, takes me right back to the hang up. Get out, wait, get back in and answer no, it will work fine for a while, 10 min - 2 hours, and then it goes back into the stuck recalculating mode.
Hershey

Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 06:18:31 AM »

Nostradamus,

Did you ever get a solution to #4? Sitting at the dealer now.
Noxtradamus

Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 01:29:48 PM »

My 39 month lease ended and I no longer have the Equinox however I'd like to share few things:

I have noticed that the damn computer would reset some settings every time XM radio decided to give me a free day as a promo.
So my solution to problems #1 and #2 was disconnecting the xm radio antenna.
#3 would still happen once in a blue moon, seems to be random.
#4 never happened again.

Bam, thats all folks!
JayT2014
Theta Guru

2015 Equinox LTZ Champagne Silver Metallic

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 01:43:01 PM »

Wow. ..  that took a lo-o-ong time to reply. .. .  Shocked

2015 Equinox LTZ 3.6L FWD Champagne Silver Metallic *Build Date 1-08-2015  * * 18,000 miles
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 03:13:22 PM »

Wow. ..  that took a lo-o-ong time to reply. .. .  Shocked

Shorter than a lot of member's feedback !   Bang Head

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
JayT2014
Theta Guru

2015 Equinox LTZ Champagne Silver Metallic

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 03:27:04 PM »

Oh. .  those are "members" in name only. . . ..  Cheers

2015 Equinox LTZ 3.6L FWD Champagne Silver Metallic *Build Date 1-08-2015  * * 18,000 miles
Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 05:58:41 PM »

Oh. .  those are "members" in name only. . . ..  Cheers

Sort of like Kentucky basketball - One and Done !

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: