EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
October 22, 2014, 12:56:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Download our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! more info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upgrade your Equinox Lighting to HID and LED! Quality LED & HID kits on sale!  (Read 169228 times)
XenonDepot
Theta Freak

« on: June 10, 2010, 01:59:22 PM »

HID KITS - AUTOMOTIVE LED BULBS - FLOOR MATS & LINERS - CAR COVERS - SEAT COVERS

The www.XenonDepot.com commitment to product quality - Proudly serving the automotive industry since 2001:

HID bulbs and ballasts are not created equally. Our HID lighting products use OEM grade HID bulbs and ballasts to
ensure the quality and durability of our product. Our HID kits are assembled in high tech ISO and TUV certified facilities.
Poor quality HID kits can have failure rates of around 10% right out of the box and potentially last only 1-2 months.
Our HID kits have a failure rate of approximately 0.05% (based on 11 years of selling HID lighting products). Beware of
merchants selling low grade HID lighting products that can be a potential fire hazard to your vehicle. Do not
compromise your safety when it comes to automotive lighting.

Features:

Please view this link for some non biased reviews of our products installed:

Customer Testimoinals / Reviews

Looking for HID Bulbs? Check out the HID Bulbs thread
Looking for LED Bulbs? Check out the LED Bulbs thread
Looking for Floor Liners and Mats? Check out the WeatherTech, Husky and Lloyd Mats thread

Customer Support:

Email: Info@XenonDepot.com
Toll Free Phone Number: 1-877-522-2701

Chevy Equinox Parts and Accessories - HID Kits, Automotive LED Bulbs , Floor Mats & Liners, Car Covers, Seat Covers

EQUINOX FORUM SUPER SALE is on now!! - SAVE $$$
SuperMat64

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 06:11:32 PM »

Hi, does your hid kit disables DRL ? I want HID but i can't disable DRL. It's a law in canada...

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 V6 AWD w/tow package
Mocha Metallic Steel / Brownstone Interior
19" OEM GMC Chrome Wheels with TOYO Versado CUV / 18" OEM GMC Wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1
Fully loaded no NAV... Garmin 1490LMT GPS
Xtreme HID 5000k White Low Beam / Xtreme HID 5000k White Fogs
sunnyday

How much is enough?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 07:02:25 PM »

I'm interested with LED dome light and tail light for my terrain. Please provide link

FREE HID KITS! - LED BULBS! - Quality HID Kits! - GMC LED Dome Lights! - GMC LED Tail Lights! - AND MUCH MUCH MORE!!!

The www.XenonDepot.com commitment to product quality - Proud supporter of EquinoxForum.net:

HID bulbs and ballasts are not created equally. Our HID lighting products use OEM grade HID bulbs and ballasts to ensure the quality and durability of our product.  Our HID kits are assembled in high tech ISO and TUV certified facilities. Poor quality HID kits can have failure rates of around 10% right out of the box and potentially last only 1-2 months. Our HID kits have a failure rate of approximately 0.05% (based on 8 years of selling HID lighting products). Beware of merchants selling low grade HID lighting products that can be a potential fire hazard to your vehicle. Do not compromise your safety when it comes to automotive lighting. Please view this link for some non biased reviews of our products installed:

Customer Testimoinals / Reviews

XTREME DIGITAL HID KITS - Quality & Durability proven since 2001!

* Superior quality ballasts using true German technology * Japanese quality and craftsmanship * ROHS, CE,UL & E4 certified OEM grade Xenon HID components * Rubber Injected waterproof/shockproof ballasts * Laser aligned bulbs to ensure optically correct beam patterns * Unique dual relay harness design * Double tubed Philips Quartz Anti-UV bulbs * Full replacement warranty

ONLY $174.99 For EquinoxForum.net Members - Please use coupon code "EF" Upon checkout to receive your $25 discount

VOLT DIGITAL+ HID KITS - High quality Slim Digital HID Kits

ONLY $94.99 For EquinoxForum.net Members - Please use coupon code "EF" Upon checkout to receive your $25 discount and a FREE wire harness ($39.99 value)

Putco Automotive LED Bulbs - The brightest and most durable LED bulbs you will find!

Upgrade your vehicle's interior & exterior lighting to with Putco LED Bulbs. Check out our large selection of high quality automotive LED Bulbs! Type in coupon code EFLED to save 15% off our LED Lighting products.

Customer Support:

Email: Info@XenonDepot.com
Phone: (905) 660 0124

Cobalt SS/NA 2006; Caravan SXT 2010; Terrain SLT-2 I4 2010
XenonDepot
Theta Freak

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 09:18:23 AM »

Hi,

Thank you for your replies.

SuperMat64 - Our Xtreme HID kits shown above come with a relay harness that will power the ballasts directly from the battery. With this harness installed, all you will end up using your vehicle's OEM headlamp wiring for is simply to trigger the relay in our harness on/off. Our harness will literally plug into your vehicle's OEM headlamp wiring with no modifications.

Here are some images:

Here is a picture of how our harness connects to the factory harness with a proper H11 connector:

Here is a comparison shot (left with OEM halogens vs Right with 5000k HID Kit):

sunnyday:

We do not have a "Terrain LED Dome Light kit" however I can put together a kit for you. Your vehicle uses 194 bulbs for the dome lights and map lights. Are you able to confirm how many lights the vehicle has in total so that I can put together a kit for you? Unfortunately I do not have access to a Terrain at the moment so if you could confirm that for me it would be greatly appreciated.

As for the tail lights, Are you looking to upgrade the brake lights, reverse lights, and/or turn signals to LED?

Steve

Chevy Equinox Parts and Accessories - HID Kits, Automotive LED Bulbs , Floor Mats & Liners, Car Covers, Seat Covers

sunnyday

How much is enough?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 09:59:19 AM »

I think there are four but not sure... I'll check later:
reading light : 2
Dome light : 1
trunc : 1

As for the back, I was thinking of transparent cover and not the light itself sorry.

sunnyday:

We do not have a "Terrain LED Dome Light kit" however I can put together a kit for you. Your vehicle uses 194 bulbs for the dome lights and map lights. Are you able to confirm how many lights the vehicle has in total so that I can put together a kit for you? Unfortunately I do not have access to a Terrain at the moment so if you could confirm that for me it would be greatly appreciated.

As for the tail lights, Are you looking to upgrade the brake lights, reverse lights, and/or turn signals to LED?

Steve

Cobalt SS/NA 2006; Caravan SXT 2010; Terrain SLT-2 I4 2010
XenonDepot
Theta Freak

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 01:13:11 PM »

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Im seeing that your vehicle uses a 194 bulb for the map lights and dome lights meaning that you would need to get our 194 LED bulbs (sold in pairs):

http://www.KBcarstuff.com/194_LED_Replacement_Bulb_White_p/230194w.htm

For the cargo light, you can use one of our LED panels however I would just need to know the dimension of the light housing so that I can recommend the right panel. Please view this link:

http://www.KBcarstuff.com/Universal_LED_Dome_Lights_s/294.htm

Steve

SuperMat64

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 09:22:14 PM »

some more questions :

The first one : the DRL uses the low beams powered at something like 50-60%, is it enough to trigger the relay switch ? Also, if i understand well, the DRL will be using the HID low beam powered at 100% ? Will that affect a lot the life of the bulbs ?

Second one : I am also interested in using led for the domes, but when we open/close the door the lights are diming from off to full power and reverse process when we close the doors... How is led will react ?

Thanks a lot XenonDepot

19" OEM GMC Chrome Wheels with TOYO Versado CUV / 18" OEM GMC Wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1
SuperMat64

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 09:37:03 PM »

some more questions :

The first one : the DRL uses the low beams powered at something like 50-60%, is it enough to trigger the relay switch ? Also, if i understand well, the DRL will be using the HID low beam powered at 100% ? Will that affect a lot the life of the bulbs ?

Second one : I am also interested in using led for the domes, but when we open/close the door the lights are diming from off to full power and reverse process when we close the doors... How is led will react ?

Thanks a lot XenonDepot

I am looking to order kit XT-65k-H11, is the battery direct connexion/drl harness is included ? If not what it the part number(s) i need to order ?

Will you have headlights housing with halo and projector lens for the Terrain ?

Boltbacker

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 11:08:40 PM »

vled.com is cheaper on price and shipping.  Also the only way to get the HID's to work is to cover up the sensor, add a capacitor(search for the thread), or send your ecu to GPrix to move the DRL to the turn signals.

Danger:  High Voltage!!!
Ordered 2/13, Built on 3/29
Picked up 4/24
2010 Nox LTZ AWD 4cyl.
MochaSteel/Black-Brownstone Int.
18"Wheels
Nav/Ent.Package
Sunroof
F/R splashguards
3M clearcoat bra
HID 55W 6000K Headlights
XenonDepot
Theta Freak

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 05:10:38 AM »

SuperMat64,

The Acadia also has this set up and the kit works flawlessly.  Your HIDs will also operate as your DRL.  I can even throw in a capacitor for you (which is modular to our harness) that if required, you can simply plug it in.  H11 would be the correct fitment. Keep in mind that the higher you go in terms of color temperature the more color you obtain however the less actual useable light output you emit. I would suggest going with a 5000k HID kit (XT-5K-H11) if you want the best compromise between color and light output.

LEDs - unlike lower cost alternatives, our LED bulbs can dim on/off just like your stock bulbs. Here is a video of our LED panels installed in an Acura RSX:

[youtube][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj1z2Fqlhgw#ws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj1z2Fqlhgw#ws
[/youtube][/url]

Boltbacker - That is correct. There are other companies out there selling similar products for less money. Many of our LED customers are ones that have tried cheaper products only to have them burn out. Putco LED products use German made LED diodes for the brightest and most durable output. They are assembled either in Korea or Taiwan (not China) and final QC is done right in the US.  Furthermore, they are backed by a lifetime warranty directly through Putco.  If you are focused on price, you should check out ebay. You will find the same products for less money.

Steve

GTPprix

HighPSIGTX GTPprix

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 06:37:42 AM »

Actually the Acadia does not have the same setup the Terrain DRL's are PWM, if you read around this site you'll see what people are talking about.

Chris White
2006 Spice Red A4 GTO - Stock
2009 Corvette Z06 3LZ - '10 Launch Control
2012 CTS-V Sedan - Custom BCM/IPC CAI/Corsa
2012 Jeep SRT8 - Stock
2013 SRX - Custom IPC/BCM
2013 Lacrosse Touring - Custom IPC/BCM/Intellilink
SuperMat64

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 06:40:04 AM »

vled.com is cheaper on price and shipping.  Also the only way to get the HID's to work is to cover up the sensor, add a capacitor(search for the thread), or send your ecu to GPrix to move the DRL to the turn signals.

V-Leds are also cheaper and doesnt have the relay harness for H11 connector.

I also have in the past purchased led product from V-Leds and have a lot of them burnt or for exterior bulbs deffective led on the assembly and have on of the led of the bulb to strobe flash.

I love their price, but product reflect the price... less quality...

SuperMat64

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 06:46:09 AM »

Actually the Acadia does not have the same setup the Terrain DRL's are PWM, if you read around this site you'll see what people are talking about.

That's why the harness use power directly from the battery to power the lights and uses the oem connector just to trigger the relay to turn them on. You think that the relay will strobe the light when in DRL mode ?

SuperMat64

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 07:22:58 AM »

XenonDepot : Do you think that the PWM will trouble the kit ??

XenonDepot
Theta Freak

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 09:19:44 AM »

SuperMat64,

I think that you will be OK with just the wire harness.  However, I will include our CANBUS fix free of charge for you. It will be a modular piece that will plug right into our harness. I wish I could give you a more concrete answer however we are new to this board.  Let me know if you are interested in going with a kit as I would be willing to offer you a discounted price in exchange for a non biased review of the product on the board (including some install pics).

Steve

lromero

MudJeep83

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 09:41:21 AM »

I'm new to looking into the HID kits.

Do all kits not allow high and low beam and only allow one or the other or are there kits that allow both hi and low?

Also, does it really matter to have high and low other than simply not being able to flash your lights to someone who has their high beams on and blinding you?

Hers:
2010 Equinox
Cardinal Red
1LT
Rear View Camera
Vehicle Interface Package
E&G Billet Grille

His:
2003 F150
Crew Cab
FX4
Lariat
Boltbacker

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 10:10:45 AM »

That's why the harness use power directly from the battery to power the lights and uses the oem connector just to trigger the relay to turn them on. You think that the relay will strobe the light when in DRL mode ?

I was talking VLED for the interior LED lights, for my HID's I have installed in both of my vehicles I have purchased from DDM Tuning, again better price and they come with a lifetime warranty.

Danger:  High Voltage!!!
Ordered 2/13, Built on 3/29
Picked up 4/24
2010 Nox LTZ AWD 4cyl.
MochaSteel/Black-Brownstone Int.
18"Wheels
Nav/Ent.Package
Sunroof
F/R splashguards
3M clearcoat bra
HID 55W 6000K Headlights
XenonDepot
Theta Freak

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 12:46:35 PM »

lromero,

If your vehicle uses a two separate bulbs for the low and high beam then you will need to purchase 2 HID kits to upgrade both. What type of vehicle are you looking to install a kit in?

Boltbacker,

It's a good thing that you have a "lifetime warranty" on your 55W HID kits as the 35W bulbs that you have are not meant to be used with the 50W ballasts you are using. Overdriving 35W bulbs with 50W ballasts will cause the bulbs to burn hotter and burn out prematurely. I won't even begin to comment on a "lifetime warranty" as that is purely a marketing gimmick.

The Xtreme HID conversion kit and Volt HID conversion kits carry legitimate warranties that are handled directly through our company. XenonDepot has been selling HID conversion kit lighting products online since 2001.  Don't fall for low cost/poor quality HID conversion kits with gimmick lifetime warranties that end up costing you more than you bargained for due to return/exchange shipping costs. Remember! A warranty is only good as long as the merchant you purchase your HID kit from stays in business.  It is one thing to advertise a warranty; however, very few stand behind their products like we have been doing since 2001.

While you may be happy with your products for now, this thread is specifically about the products that we sell. If you would like to post up feedback about another brand please respect out thread and post this information somewhere else.

Steve

lromero

MudJeep83

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 12:50:45 PM »

lromero,

If your vehicle uses a two separate bulbs for the low and high beam then you will need to purchase 2 HID kits to upgrade both. What type of vehicle are you looking to install a kit in?

I have a 2010 Equinox 1LT.

Hers:
2010 Equinox
Cardinal Red
1LT
Rear View Camera
Vehicle Interface Package
E&G Billet Grille

His:
2003 F150
Crew Cab
FX4
Lariat
SuperMat64

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 12:53:10 PM »

SuperMat64,

I think that you will be OK with just the wire harness.  However, I will include our CANBUS fix free of charge for you. It will be a modular piece that will plug right into our harness. I wish I could give you a more concrete answer however we are new to this board.  Let me know if you are interested in going with a kit as I would be willing to offer you a discounted price in exchange for a non biased review of the product on the board (including some install pics).

Steve

Send me a quote by email including everything i need to make my Terrain HID. I want them in the 6000/6500K. I would be glad to take pictures of the installation and to post a review after installation.

Here's my email : mterio@gmail.com Please include shipping to canada.

Also, can you please include the pricing for 4 domes led bulbs ? 3 normal i think they are 194 and one compatible with 194 socket that is more bright for the cargo area.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: