EquinoxForum.net Bookmark and Share
October 26, 2014, 02:27:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Download our new iPhone, Android & Blackberry App! more info

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upgrade your Equinox Lighting to HID and LED! Quality LED & HID kits on sale!  (Read 170353 times)
XenonDepot
Theta Freak

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2010, 02:36:48 PM »

SuperMat64 - Email sent.

lromero - The 2010 Equinox uses separate bulbs for the low and high beam. Your vehicle uses an h11 bulb for the low beams meaning that you would need to order an H11 HID conversion kit to upgrade your vehicle's low beams.  If you wanted to upgrade the high beams as well you would need to purchase another HID kit just for the high beams.

I personally would not suggest upgrading the high beams on your vehicle for twp reasons:

1) HID bulbs take a moment to fully ignite and reach their desired light output. In situations where you need to flash someone and require a quick burst of light your HID high beams will not be very functional.

2) It is strenuous on the components to be turned on/off repeatedly ie: flashing people.

Regards,

Steve

Chevy Equinox Parts and Accessories - HID Kits, Automotive LED Bulbs , Floor Mats & Liners, Car Covers, Seat Covers

EQUINOX FORUM SUPER SALE is on now!! - SAVE $$$
lromero

MudJeep83

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2010, 02:44:45 PM »

so can I upgrade just the low beam and still have the high beams function as normal or would that still pose a problem for HID system? When you flash the beams, doesn't the low beams stay on and it only triggers the high beam added with the low beam? Taht being said, would the lower upgrade still work with keeping the high beam stock, if that's an option to begin with.

Hers:
2010 Equinox
Cardinal Red
1LT
Rear View Camera
Vehicle Interface Package
E&G Billet Grille

His:
2003 F150
Crew Cab
FX4
Lariat
XenonDepot
Theta Freak

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 03:19:01 PM »

Hi,

It was nice speaking with you.

Upgrading your low beams to HID will have no effect on your high beams as your vehicle uses 2 completely different bulbs for the low and high beam.  Your lights will function like stock with this upgrade.

Steve

Chevy Equinox Parts and Accessories - HID Kits, Automotive LED Bulbs , Floor Mats & Liners, Car Covers, Seat Covers

reubenray

New Orleans

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 06:49:41 PM »

Will doing these modifications void the warranty?

2010 Cyber Gray 1LT-FWD -I4 Engine
Pioneer, Interface & 8 Way Seat Options
Boltbacker

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 12:55:01 AM »

lromero,

If your vehicle uses a two separate bulbs for the low and high beam then you will need to purchase 2 HID kits to upgrade both. What type of vehicle are you looking to install a kit in?

Boltbacker,

It's a good thing that you have a "lifetime warranty" on your 55W HID kits as the 35W bulbs that you have are not meant to be used with the 50W ballasts you are using. Overdriving 35W bulbs with 50W ballasts will cause the bulbs to burn hotter and burn out prematurely. I won't even begin to comment on a "lifetime warranty" as that is purely a marketing gimmick.

The Xtreme HID conversion kit and Volt HID conversion kits carry legitimate warranties that are handled directly through our company. XenonDepot has been selling HID conversion kit lighting products online since 2001.  Don't fall for low cost/poor quality HID conversion kits with gimmick lifetime warranties that end up costing you more than you bargained for due to return/exchange shipping costs. Remember! A warranty is only good as long as the merchant you purchase your HID kit from stays in business.  It is one thing to advertise a warranty; however, very few stand behind their products like we have been doing since 2001.

While you may be happy with your products for now, this thread is specifically about the products that we sell. If you would like to post up feedback about another brand please respect out thread and post this information somewhere else.

Steve

Just trying to inform the people in the forum that there are other options out there, this is a public domain and as is I have a right to let people know what has worked for my modifications.  Not once did I demean or say you don't sell a great product, like you atest I have (BTW I have had them in my 55W HID w/ 55W Balasts in my Insight for over a year with no issues and DDM Tuning has been around longer than your company)

You speak like you know a lot about your product but in reality you are giving false information to the people of this forum stating that your HID kits will work without any modifications on a Terrain or Nox.  This is not true since they are attached to the lowbeam once you upgrade to HID they will not work since DRL are also on the low beam.  The DRL are pulsed and will not turn the HID upgrade on even with a direct connection to the battery.  A capacitor or a ECU update is the only way to make them work properly.  So before you start peddling your product on here make sure you give the community the correct information.

Danger:  High Voltage!!!
Ordered 2/13, Built on 3/29
Picked up 4/24
2010 Nox LTZ AWD 4cyl.
MochaSteel/Black-Brownstone Int.
18"Wheels
Nav/Ent.Package
Sunroof
F/R splashguards
3M clearcoat bra
HID 55W 6000K Headlights
XenonDepot
Theta Freak

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 05:39:49 AM »

DDM states that they send out 35W bulbs with their 50W kits right on their website as their bulbs are rated for up to 60W. If you truly have 55W ballasts this means that you are overdriving a 35W bulb. This means that the bulb will burn hotter and burn out much quicker.  Fact. I'm glad that you have had your kit with no issues. Keep in mind that the kit that you have probably in no way resembles the kit that DDM is currently selling as they are constantly sourcing cheaper and cheaper products with little or no regards for product quality.  While we don't offer gimmicky lifetime warranties, our Xtreme kit comes with a 3 year warranty in which we cover any shipping fees involved if there is a defect in the product. "lifetime warranties" come in great when you end up spending more in return shipping costs than the actual cost of the kit Roll Eyes

I do thank you for your input on the DRL.  As I mentioned in my previous post, I can include a modular piece for forum members to resolve any flickering issues (if any). The capacitor will be enclosed in an epoxy sealed box that will literally plug in with our harness. NO modification will be required to the vehicle in any way shape or form. We already have a couple of forum members that are trying out our products so we will get clarification on this shortly.

Thanks for your input.

Steve

lromero

MudJeep83

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 07:28:35 AM »

So what's the talk about DRL? I see our 2010 has them, so how does this effect using HID upgrades?

Hers:
2010 Equinox
Cardinal Red
1LT
Rear View Camera
E&G Billet Grille

His:
2003 F150
Crew Cab
FX4
Lariat
XenonDepot
Theta Freak

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 09:02:59 AM »

Your vehicle uses the same bulb for both the low beams and DRL. DRL usually operate on a reduced voltage or a pulsing type voltage.

We include a relay harness with our kits to ensure that the ballasts receive a constant 12V from the battery. With the harness installed, you end up using your OEM wiring to trigger the relay in our harness on/off. In some cases, this set up is sufficient even if your vehicle uses the same bulb for low beams and DRL. However, in some cases you need to use a capacitor to modulate the power coming from the OEM wiring to ensure that the relay in our harness will not chatter and cause the HIDs to strobe.

We have a modular piece that I can include for forum members at no charge that will work with our wire harness. This part will literally plug into our harness via proper mating connectors. One way or another, the kit will literally be plug+play and will not require you to modify your vehicle in any way.

Hope this helps,

Steve

lromero

MudJeep83

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2010, 09:12:41 AM »

so does the harness disable the DRL or does it just allow the DRL to function as normal and that would mean the low beam lights are on at all times?

Hers:
2010 Equinox
Cardinal Red
1LT
Rear View Camera
E&G Billet Grille

His:
2003 F150
Crew Cab
FX4
Lariat
XenonDepot
Theta Freak

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2010, 09:23:52 AM »

Hi,
It does not disable the DRL. All that will happen is that your HIDs will be on all the time.

Steve

tbox302

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2010, 10:16:47 AM »

hey steve, question regarding the canbus DRL fix (http://www.kbcarstuff.com/CANBUS_Fix_p/cbfix.htm):  when plugging into the harness, do you only need to use one (since only one OEM trigger is needed) or both?  what type of connections are used on either end to connect to the harness?  thanks in advance!

2010 Terrain SLT1
Atlantic Blue / Light Titanium
Sunroof
Navigation
Rear Entertainment
Power Liftgate
Cargo Management
35w 5000k HID low beams
PIAA Xtreme White Plus fog lights
XenonDepot
Theta Freak

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2010, 12:26:40 PM »

Hi,

Our kits come with two relay harnesses (one per side). We set the kits up this way so that each ballast has it's own independent fused relay harness. THe benefit is that if a fuse/relay ever goes out on you only one side will be effected. HID kits that use a single relay harness for both sides will have both lights go out if a fuse/relay goes out. If you notice, the CANBUS fix is sold in pairs.

Steve

SuperMat64

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2010, 12:56:54 PM »

Hi,

Our kits come with two relay harnesses (one per side). We set the kits up this way so that each ballast has it's own independent fused relay harness. THe benefit is that if a fuse/relay ever goes out on you only one side will be effected. HID kits that use a single relay harness for both sides will have both lights go out if a fuse/relay goes out. If you notice, the CANBUS fix is sold in pairs.

Steve

Don't forget to include them in my kit. With everything i need Smiley

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 V6 AWD w/tow package
Mocha Metallic Steel / Brownstone Interior
19" OEM GMC Chrome Wheels with TOYO Versado CUV / 18" OEM GMC Wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1
Fully loaded no NAV... Garmin 1490LMT GPS
Xtreme HID 5000k White Low Beam / Xtreme HID 5000k White Fogs
XenonDepot
Theta Freak

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2010, 01:14:04 PM »

Will do my friend!

yellolab

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 01:15:17 PM »

Hi,
It does not disable the DRL. All that will happen is that your HIDs will be on all the time.

Steve

Steve, what affect does the allways-in HID have on lifetime?

Kevin
XenonDepot
Theta Freak

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 01:18:18 PM »

Hi Kevin,

Technically speaking, the components will burn out quicker. However, quality HID bulbs are designed to last around 2500 hours so they are very durable.  It also depends on how much you drive your vehicle.

Steve

Rit
Theta GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 01:24:53 PM »

Steve

So, what is the all-in price, including shipping, and what wattage kit do you recommend?

Shipping to 12306.

THX

Rit

2010 Equinox LTZ
4 cyl, FWD, S/R
Cardinal Red/Black
tbox302

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2010, 01:36:58 PM »

Hi,

Steve

ah, ok.  so, if you were using just one relay harness, then you could use just one of the CANBUS fixes?

2010 Terrain SLT1
Sunroof
Navigation
Rear Entertainment
Power Liftgate
Cargo Management
35w 5000k HID low beams
PIAA Xtreme White Plus fog lights
XenonDepot
Theta Freak

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2010, 02:34:46 PM »

Hi Guys,

Rit - The kits are $174.99 + Shipping. We only sell 35W kits. We do not sell anything higher. Please view this link for more info:

http://www.KBcarstuff.com/HID_Kits_s/216.htm

Shipping will be calculated upon checkout based on the shipping information you provide.

tbox302 - I believe so. Some vehicle though may throw an error if you leave one side unconnected.

Steve

tbox302

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2010, 08:20:03 AM »

ok, thanks steve!

2010 Terrain SLT1
Sunroof
Navigation
Rear Entertainment
Power Liftgate